Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #31
JClarke
Deaf Driver

I am starting to see some few fez's in Canberra now, but rarely see Zetecs except that I own a Zetec model! :evil3:

Other than that, the guy's car I mentioned he used to have a Nissan Pulsar 2005 model sedan but he forced himself to sell it due that he has lost the job, welll.... and now, he has gone to search for a 4WD.... not a holden though but dislikes Ford, like I said in the OP.

People are starting to realise fez's are the best :
Old 18-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #32
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate, they look the tits! Especially in the sunlight. Where my Frozen White look stunning in the shade, your Vision is meant for the beach! Good job man, hope you like it.
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

One of our bus drivers at school also owns a WS Fez, base model in red, there is a vision zetec in my town too.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #34
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive seen around 5-10 in our area now. Only one other Zetec though.

Im not a Ford fan at all, but we said we'd drive all the cars in the small car segment to make sure we got the best one..

Fiesta is the best by a long long way.. I showed a tradie mate a few corners on saturday.... I didnt really have to say anything after that..

If only this Mountune would hurry up and get here....
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #35
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
Ive seen around 5-10 in our area now. Only one other Zetec though.

Im not a Ford fan at all, but we said we'd drive all the cars in the small car segment to make sure we got the best one..

Fiesta is the best by a long long way.. I showed a tradie mate a few corners on saturday.... I didnt really have to say anything after that..

If only this Mountune would hurry up and get here....
I emailed mountune and they said they're negotiating with people world wide, then they didn't reply to if they would ship wheels to Australia.
Old 18-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #36
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apparently they've been trying with Ford Oz and they turned them down. I even emailed Ford Oz and got a NO reply.

So it isnt Mountunes fault. Hopefully someone will take the kit over for us!!!!

Honestly if Ford Europe/Britan etc can warranty the Mountune product... I cant see any reason why Ford Oz cant either....
Old 18-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #37
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford Australia are trying to keep their product 'pure' per sa. If Monotune go down the drain, then guess who gets brought down with them too? Ford. And the way our media treats Ford, i can see why they are being cautious. You gotta keep in mind this product was not made by Ford, and I can't think of any other manufacturer in Australia who warrents third party gear. Ford UK have had a longstanding relationship with Monotune, and small cars being done up is a lot more accepted by the public. Small cars are where it's at in Europe, not here in Australia.
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #38
Fi.ES.TA

In all honesty anyways who wants to pay that much for the mountune conversion way over priced i think for a small car.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #39
Zetec Dave

I just think that if the Mountune stuff is too expensive for small cars then look at the prices for performance upgrades available for the other small cars from other euro brands such as VW, Renault, Fiat etc etc etc...Not cheap for "proper quality" upgrades particularly if you're going for the brands and products that have been tried and tested.

e.g. front mount intercooler kit for VW Polo Gti is around $1450 landed (for a highly reputable brand sold in both the UK and USA) but for a locally made one from APR it costs in excess of $2000.

ECU re-tunes are at least $900.

Exhaust systems range from $1800 up to $3000

An the list goes on...

And the above are for the "small" cars. So yes I agree they're not cheap but if you are planning on making "quality" upgrades, then that's what you can expect. Unless you go for local no-name or unknown brands.

That's my 2 cents worth

:
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #40
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I asked what is in the mountune upgrade, its a set of extractors, high flow cat, cat back exhaust, high flow airfilter and a dyno tune.

Couldn't you just get someone to make you the exhaust, choose an aftermarket cat out of the billions out there, find someone who sells the filter and go to Zetec Dave for the tune?

Though, they claim 140hp which is 102Kw, I'm guessing at the front wheels, doesnt say on their dyno graph but it says reduces 0-100km/h from 9.9 to 7.9 seconds which is a big step.
Old 20-10-2009, 02:01 AM   #41
Zetec Dave

I probably would've gone for the Mountune package if they did sell it here but ever since I heard of the supercharging upgrade kit from one of the posts on here I've been thinking more about that but not going to do it until warranty expires. But then again, not sure if its worth spending $7000 or so on an upgrade for a car that's less than $25k. As its not exactly a selling point when it comes time to sell not to mention losing money on kit on top of the depreciation. Could possibly justify it if the car was more like $30k or more. Another prob would be getting the wife's okay which so far aint looking too good casue she's saying that she'd rather let me trade in the car or sell it and get something else that had a turbo or supercharger from factory. Makes sense too. YAY!!! Now I just have to find out from her when I'm allowed to do the above. he he he... :
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #42
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully its not too expensive for the kit, otherwise they'll hardly sell any.

Ill buy one if its not ridiculous money... I mean 2 whole seconds off the 0-100kmh time is awesome for just a couple of mods on a small engine.
Old 20-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #43
Fi.ES.TA

you will see the price of that super charger kit from euro parts drop drastically.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post