Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 24-05-2010, 02:47 AM   #31
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Especially on nightshift ... it's like a fix that I can't get ... hee hee
At least it is back up and working now though.
Old 24-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #32
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT
Issues are still ongoing, Jason. Russell has Wulos and FalconCoupe keeping an eye on things while he sleeps or has things to do that can't be changed. We were up at 4.30am this morning, after only 4 hours sleep, as trying to keep the AFF up and running while the majority of members are trying to access it.

No quick fix but improving every day.

Thanks to everyone for being patient and tolerant and those that are lending a hand with a few extra hours on here and keeping an eye out for Russell.

Cheers
Gaela
Gaela, it is great we have such a dedicated team looking after site. I am happy I got on this morning and all is working well.
Old 24-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #33
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

If you need any help send me a PM. I am a Oracle performance guy but may be able to help out with some of your problems.
Old 24-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #34
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

We changed out the RAM last night after finding an issue so we will again wait and see how it progresses through the evening peak.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 24-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #35
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

na me 2 i have been triching to get back on here
Old 24-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #36
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

We took the server down deliberately this evening to debug whatever issues we are experiencing.

As a result a number of configuration changes have been made and some recent changes have been rolled back in an effort to stop these intermittent crashes.

The server ran fine all day with more than 500 users but crashed twice in 20 minutes and rather than try and sort out what was happening in the space of the 20 minute window it took to crash we have used the last couple of hours to test a number of theories.

We aren't sure if these changes will make any difference at all.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 25-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #37
prydey
Rob

Keep up the good work guys.

having the forum down is killing me. i almost had to do house chores... i much prefer procrastination while browsing AFF!
Old 25-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #38
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

This must be extremely frustrating for Russ and the Admin team. I am sure many long hours are being put in to get this issue resolved.

Thankyou guys for all the hard work. It is greatly appreciated.
Old 25-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #39
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

So glad it's all back up, I was having withdrawels!!
Well done to the admin team for being so on-the-ball with this
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 25-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #40
JimNiki
71Mach1

sorry ... I'm no good ... windoze netadmin ...I don't know Nix!
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
Old 25-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #41
ROBO332

Thanx for getting it all happening again . I was sick of facebook rubbish and u tub clips
Old 25-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #42
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks admin team . your doing a great job. was having major
withdrawal symptoms . even jumped over to the `other ford site` but it
just wasn`t right. hopefully all is good now and you guys can have a rest
Old 25-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #43
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Hi Russel and admin team, just thought I better let you know that I posted in "taking the ute to Symmonds" thread, Boss FPV section, and my post doesn't show in the thread. Posted it around 1.00pm. It should have been post number 41, first one on page 2, but you can't open page 2?

Thanks for working through the dramas, the whole team is doing a great job to get things back on track.

Shane.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 25-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #44
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Hi Russel and admin team, just thought I better let you know that I posted in "taking the ute to Symmonds" thread, Boss FPV section, and my post doesn't show in the thread. Posted it around 1.00pm. It should have been post number 41, first one on page 2, but you can't open page 2?

Thanks for working through the dramas, the whole team is doing a great job to get things back on track.

Shane.
I suspect this is because I have changed the updated thread views from instant to every hour while we check on server loads. However, it could be a repeat of the previous issue we had where a single user was causing threads to stall so I shall check to make sure.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 25-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #45
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Having had a look, the 2nd page is visible (it doesn't stall) and your post at 12:57 is visible - although for me (with my settings at 30 per page) it's well down page 2.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 25-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #46
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

good too see it all back up! I realised that the cravings for aff were stronger than one's for nicotine! Haha

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 25-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #47
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Having had a look, the 2nd page is visible (it doesn't stall) and your post at 12:57 is visible - although for me (with my settings at 30 per page) it's well down page 2.

Cheers
Russ

Thanks Russ, it is strange though, I still can't see it. Buggered if I can.

On the FPV opening page it says my post was number 39, but when you open the thread with my settings (40 per page) it goes down to post number 40 on the first page and won't open the second page even though it suggests there is a second page????

No sweat mate, I know you've got much bigger issues you're dealing with right now.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 25-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #48
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Thanks Russ, it is strange though, I still can't see it. Buggered if I can.

On the FPV opening page it says my post was number 39, but when you open the thread with my settings (40 per page) it goes down to post number 40 on the first page and won't open the second page even though it suggests there is a second page????

No sweat mate, I know you've got much bigger issues you're dealing with right now.
your post shows as post #41 on my screen, but i have 100 posts per page selected..

one of my threads was donig something similar the other day when i had 30 posts per page set up.. Someone posted a reply, being reply #31, first post on the second page but i couldn't access the second page until someone else replied, then the two new ones were visible along with the second page
Old 25-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #49
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Might be handy to know whose post it was that couldn't be seen until someone else posted.

We had an issue a few months back where (for some still unknown reason) the server was caching a user ID in the warning system and every thread they posted in couldn't be seen by a number of people until someone else posted in it.

We could be having a repeat of the same thing.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 25-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #50
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Might be handy to know whose post it was that couldn't be seen until someone else posted.

We had an issue a few months back where (for some still unknown reason) the server was caching a user ID in the warning system and every thread they posted in couldn't be seen by a number of people until someone else posted in it.

We could be having a repeat of the same thing.

Cheers
Russ
it was the bickering thread - and now that i think about it, it was loftie's post that triggered the phantom second page which wouldn't show, and it was actually me who replied to it, but the only way i could read his message was to hit 'reply' on the first page, then under the reply field box, where it shows the preceeding posts, loftie's post was visible there, so i was able to see it and replied, then posted, and both page #2 posts were then visible
Old 25-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #51
tex
Broken

Hey Russ, I changed my user settings back to 30 per page from 40 - bingo - can now open page two and shore enough there it is.....

Buggered if I know? but it's sorted.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 25-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #52
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
it was the bickering thread - and now that i think about it, it was loftie's post that triggered the phantom second page which wouldn't show, and it was actually me who replied to it, but the only way i could read his message was to hit 'reply' on the first page, then under the reply field box, where it shows the preceeding posts, loftie's post was visible there, so i was able to see it and replied, then posted, and both page #2 posts were then visible
Same happened to me.

Said loftie was the last to respond, but wouldn't show until PF replied.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 25-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #53
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I suspect we might have a conflict between the setting for max posts per page and some of the user options available. As the setting for the former is 30, I have removed the options for 40 and 100 to see if this helps.

Those with settings over 30 might have to edit them down to that level.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 25-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #54
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Thumbs up

Thanks for the tireless work Russ and the team .. it does not go un-noticed or un-appreciated..xx..
Daz.
Old 25-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #55
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
Thanks for the tireless work Russ and the team .. it does not go un-noticed or un-appreciated..xx..
Daz.
What he said.
Old 25-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #56
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Sent you some rep points for your dedication to the site and the Ford Community Russ. Very much appreciated.
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
Old 26-05-2010, 12:11 AM   #57
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Thanks for the kind words.

It's been pleasing to see that the server has been stable all of today and we have been monitoring it closely to ensure that if something did start to go wrong we'd have a clue as to what rather than guessing.

Thanks also to cs123 for his input into mySQL tuning - I've learnt rather more than I really wanted to know about it.

There will be some minor config changes made again early tomorrow and we will gradually add back the things that were turned off (one at a time) and run for a further 24 hours before adding the next. First to be added back is the Tech portal which was restarted earlier this evening.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 26-05-2010, 12:29 AM   #58
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Thanks for all your efforts Russ

Also to the guys on the peripheries helping out
Old 26-05-2010, 07:18 AM   #59
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Thanks for all the work Admin Team, wonderful effort.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Old 26-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #60
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Great job lads, things got so desperate while the site was down, I even had to start talking to the missus..........
Closed Thread