Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 19-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Victorian Mondeo Owner's Club?

Hi Group,

Are any owners of Mondeos in the Eastern Melbourne region interested in establishing a club for occasional get-togethers and sharing of vehicle interests? We live in the Southern Dandenong Ranges.

Happier if it involves "better" halves and offspring where they exist.

It happens we own a Territory too, so perhaps a Mondeo/Territory group if we need more people to get a viable group?

Feedback here (if allowed) or to alandowning@gmail.com

I wouldn't like to see the demise of the Falcon, but I have to say after one month of ownership the Mondeo is a pretty class act.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I'd be interested, but I'm out west.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

You may or may not be aware of the Eurofordclub. Check out www.eurofordclub.com but it's a bit of a "work in progress" after the original site was hacked.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Yeah I second that post from Eddie above. I originally started Eurofordclub and I picked up a Mondeo Titanium today... you read my mind.

Let's just say I'm more than a little excited about getting things going again. MAN is this car amazing!!!!!

I too am out west, but nothing to stop us from having a crack at some cruises.
Old 21-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks, and I wasn't aware of Euroford.

Since we are south east and two interested people are west how about we hook up at Toolangi one Sunday or Saturday prior to lunch : and then do a loop around Murrindindi?

And I have another idea (Why no "idea" smiley? Or am I visually challenged?). I could put together an invitation to join in and print off a few copies to send to the Metro Ford Dealers asking them to provide one in the "Intro pack" new owners get. Some of the dealers might even generate their own copies to pass around.

Another question - do we want to keep this group Mondeo only or let the Focus and any other euro fords in?

Cheers

MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Old 21-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

That sounds like a great idea for a cruise. Might I suggest also things like Drive-In nights which are family friendly also, around Coburg and perhaps even just picnic days and things in the country. Possibly even an Alpine drive/weekend.

The Eurofordclub id the best club for this I reckon. We always had Focus at the start with some original Mondeos (lates 90's models) and have since beomce Fiesta heavy as less people bought Focus or the originals sold theirs (including myself) and now would be great to welcome more Mondeos.

Our primary annual car show is Small Ford Sunday which welcomes Mondeos (basically just a no Falcon no Mustang Sunday!!) which is on the first Sunday in Febrary. We have Eurofordclub signage and already have a decent dieplay going every year, so Mondeos would really add to that. I'm definitely part of Euroford in mine.

I'm even keen for a drive this weekend in my baby, even today if anyone has time to spare? :
Old 21-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like a plan for tomorrow SWMBO likes the idea.

Want to suggest a meeting place for 11:30 am?

Anyone else up for a bit of a drive?

Cheers

MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Old 21-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I'm going to be out this weekend.

Too many 'home duties'. Happy to be thought of for any further ones.

I've seen a few out here in the West. There was a guy who used to post on here and I saw him a bit, but haven't for a year or so. I also noticed that he hasn't posted for a while either - must have moved out.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post