Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 04-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Manufacturer Extended Warranty?

Hi all,

Just had a browse through the Ford site to see if I could find any information about this - no go, but maybe it's too early in the morning!!

Has anyone had any luck getting an extended Ford warranty on a Mondeo ?

I'm not interested in dealership extended warranties as those I've seen are far too restrictive about what they cover and where the warranty will be honoured. Which is why I'm looking for one from Ford so it can be used through the full dealer network.

Ordinarily I wouldn't worry about extending a car warranty, but with the raft of complicated electronics in the Mondeo I think an extra 3 years of cover might be a wise thing to consider - if it's available.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Manufacturer Extended Warranty?

Ring up your dealer thats what we did for our Falcon .It has saved us a heap balljoint ,power steering hoses, diff bushes, intermediate muffler and other little things
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
manamp27

As said, best to contact a dealer.
I got 2 years extended factory warranty when I bought my 2011 titanium from a dealer this year, which was part of a promo ford was running.
manamp27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Zippy7

Hi Alan,
I purchased a 3 year extended new car warranty for my 2008 MA XR5 last year, about 2 months before the original warranty expired. This was the factory new car warranty (apparently there is a different extended warranty for sale that is not exactly the same as new car warranty).
I rang a few dealerships and got various pricing - there appears to be a bit of margin in it
Walking into a dealership only got me the glossy brochures - IIRC, the 2 different brochures were blue falcon and orange falcon... They used to be online, but seems to have moved on the Ford website.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
bigsixtiesforme
Mercury Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
Hi Alan,
I purchased a 3 year extended new car warranty for my 2008 MA XR5 last year, about 2 months before the original warranty expired. This was the factory new car warranty (apparently there is a different extended warranty for sale that is not exactly the same as new car warranty).
I rang a few dealerships and got various pricing - there appears to be a bit of margin in it
Walking into a dealership only got me the glossy brochures - IIRC, the 2 different brochures were blue falcon and orange falcon... They used to be online, but seems to have moved on the Ford website.
What was your approx cost ?
Just bought my missus a 2010 Zetec wagon, but its got 99,000kms, so if ones buyable at a reasonable price, I'd consider too. Lots of freaky electronics in these things are wonderfull to play with, but can image costing a motza to fix out of warranty.
bigsixtiesforme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
bigsixtiesforme
Mercury Marauder

Cost is $1700 for up to 200,000km or 3 years....BUT
need to organise and pay before 90,000km out of original 100,000 3 year, so we dipped out on this deal. 9,000km over....bit petty. Pricing from Central Victorian Ford dealer.
You'd think they'd be happy to take my money as the car has previously had full Ford dealer servicing and has already had its scheduled 105,000 done !!
bigsixtiesforme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

We discussed this in the FG forum, and like said above, the dealer sold one is different to the service sold one. Any sales person will be able to help you out with it.

I heard $1300ish for the FG warranty, so $1700 sounds kind of ok for the Mondeo. I'm probably going to get one for the Territory.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #8
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsixtiesforme
Cost is $1700 for up to 200,000km or 3 years....BUT
need to organise and pay before 90,000km out of original 100,000 3 year, so we dipped out on this deal. 9,000km over....bit petty. Pricing from Central Victorian Ford dealer.
You'd think they'd be happy to take my money as the car has previously had full Ford dealer servicing and has already had its scheduled 105,000 done !!
Hmmm - I thought 1700 was the kind of money that was RRP for the extended warranty. I can't remember exactly how much we paid, but I did ring around and saved a few hundred in the end. My Mondeo only has around 25,000kms on it, so we opted for the time extension only.

There certainly wasn't any mention of needs to be under 90,000kms. I was told I could arrange it on the very last day of warranty, and as long as it was under 100,000kms on the day. At the very least, I would be ringing a few other dealerships to confirm if this was the case.
Old 14-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who has replied.

The Ford site does have some information here: http://www.ford.com.au/ownership/myf...ers/warranties

and some telephoning got me lots of information and a whole heap of differing prices. There is one that extends the original warranty by three ($1400 approx) or four years ($1700 approx) with slightly different distance allowances. These prices are from Warragul City Ford and the warranty is underwritten by Allian

For us distance isn't a concern as the car does only 15000 km per year, but the warranty is transferable if you sell the car on privately or you can get a pro rata rebate if you have not had cause to use the warranty.

Probably will go for the 4 year extention.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post