Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-01-2024, 12:19 PM   #31
Gus69
Starter Motor

Default Re: Brought a new car, Fairlane, beeping noise is constant

Hello I have ford fairlane 97 bf it's got thus weird nosie on strat of the engine sometimes goes for long time and sometimes short time I just like to now those any news we're already speaker is located please thank you
Gus69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2024, 12:51 PM   #32
Gus69
Starter Motor

H Ellis I found the issue with being nose on straton tge engine if ford fairlane 97 by pulling every fuse the fuse will stop the bee is the ingi tonnes 10ams red if you pull it out the n o side will stop but your seeds meter will not work
Gus69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2024, 08:24 PM   #33
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
H Ellis I found the issue with being nose on straton tge engine if ford fairlane 97 by pulling every fuse the fuse will stop the bee is the ingi tonnes 10ams red if you pull it out the n o side will stop but your seeds meter will not work
Can someone translate this for me please? Is he saying, as I am guessing, something like: " I found the issue with the noise on starting the engine in my Ford Fairlane 97 (i.e. NL ) model by pulling every fuse; the fuse that will stop the beeping is the Ign (Ignition and Instrument Fuse) 10 amp red fuse; if you pull it out the noise will stop but your speedometer will not work" ? If so that's really no help as the instruments fuse also powers the warning beep whatever the cause so you have not found the root cause just turned off the warning beeper

Usually a warning beep will also be accompanied by one of the warning light jewels on the dash illuminating. So if a more critical or important fault like overheating, brake failure or no oil pressure happens you won't get a warning beep.

Check nobody has covered any of warning light jewels with a bit of paper etc; a common dirty trick with someone selling a used car with fault or in the UK getting it through a MOT test a bit like Hubnut did recently per https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dssB92C4Lnc

Last edited by aussiblue; 01-02-2024 at 08:38 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post