Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-02-2014, 12:10 AM   #1111
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

LMAO. You certainly have a swag of seriously up close shots at your disposal. Have you got one of the development mules at home in your garage or something?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-02-2014, 12:16 AM   #1112
prydey
Rob

hey spyman,

careful with the pics or you might lose your job.

oh wait......
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #1113
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
hey spyman,

oh wait......
Is that really something to joke about?
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2014, 12:40 AM   #1114
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
hey spyman,

oh wait......
Ever thought that maybe it IS his job?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2014, 07:51 AM   #1115
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

morning, guys

Thanks if it was my full time job and this is "NOT" a joke I would be in the same line that now includes a lot of Toyota workers

********** globalists and their share holders

Keep strong we can only hope they go bankrupt again because "when you trim the roots off any tree it dies"......or falls over

R.I.P car local car industry

-spyman
spyman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2014, 08:08 AM   #1116
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
LMAO. You certainly have a swag of seriously up close shots at your disposal. Have you got one of the development mules at home in your garage or something?
If I did we would be over here having a B.B.Q and a few bundies/beers talking about it and old times at the factory

spman03
Old 11-02-2014, 08:17 AM   #1117
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey,

they got the hose and the black tape from Bunnings as a thank-you for giving up their native title for a Bunnings store

really its used to hold bagging way from car so I/you don't see the outline of said car.....Lamfao

spyman
Old 11-02-2014, 08:32 AM   #1118
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey,

On an off topic note is any of you guys displaying at the

ALL FORD DAY IN GEELONG on the 16 of February

spyman
Old 11-02-2014, 09:00 AM   #1119
I6DOHC

Certainly interesting shots over the last day or so, it does look like a little bit of extra tech is being plugged into the next model. If they nail the looks, hopefully there's enough in the old girl to bridge the gap and bring some punters back to the fold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyman03 View Post
morning, guys

********** globalists and their share holders

-spyman
Add to that the economic idealists and their believers (namely the politicians of the last 40yrs).

I'm still excited by the spyshots you are generous enough to capture and share, but it is tinged with some sadness knowing the end of an era is getting closer by the day.
I6DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #1120
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey,

its always been my thinking that when Holden(VE) and ford(FG) started doing" A CAMRY" and that is keeping the look/tech of your car for 6 or more years ppl move on

ive just seen the new TT pics the dash is all dig and the sat nav comes up behind speedo and the fan speed is now in the vents themselves

I remember the good old days when I had the spy shots of the next update car as the refresh was coming out ie VZ when VY was being seen by media and I know it was just a headlight/bumper change but that's what I mean.

spyman
Old 11-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #1121
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

from what i understand, the FH will definetly be carrying over the cup holders
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2014, 11:27 PM   #1122
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
from what i understand, the FH will definetly be carrying over the cup holders
Cup Holders!!!....Are you serious ?? Thank god for that...much more important than mere driving dynamics...handling and car acceleration and braking performance..........et al.
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2014, 11:40 PM   #1123
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
Cup Holders!!!....Are you serious ?? Thank god for that...much more important than mere driving dynamics...handling and car acceleration and braking performance..........et al.
On top of that, windscreen wipers will also be carried over from the FG to the FH, exciting times ahead right!
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2014, 11:58 PM   #1124
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
On top of that, windscreen wipers will also be carried over from the FG to the FH, exciting times ahead right!
If you were being ironic, please accept my apologies. A couple of years ago many auto "journalists" were assessing cars largely on the basis of their cup holders....and incredibly, many gullible (stupid) people were judging the quality and value of a car on that basis.
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 12:05 AM   #1125
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:
hey,

On an off topic note is any of you guys displaying at the

ALL FORD DAY IN GEELONG on the 16 of February

spyman
Yep I'll be there in the ford forums display... Can't wait..now that would be a great time to show off a fh falcon !!!!
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 02:49 AM   #1126
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you think it will get a new steering wheel? Something like Mustang's would be nice ( except the ugly switches).

If someone goes shopping for Calais V/G6E, they see the same interior as FG, just with different speedo font, trim pattern against the VF's complete re-do I think they'll vote with their feet.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #1127
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

The new Falcon wont be able to compete with the VF in terms of the overall package. Ford have already made that clear. To stand any chance against it, it will need to be one hell of a sexy car with a new interior. Thats because its not going to get all the bells and whistles when it comes to toys and tech.
Ford have a habit of doing the bare minimum in the last decade or so when it comes to the Falcon. The FG came out a couple of years after the VE and matched (just matched) it for specs. Its a better looking car with a nicer interior. But it should have come out and upped the game to give Holden something to chase. Ford has always been ahead of the game with its engines and the the ZF is great but neither got people into the cars. As it was the VE2 update required very little to put it ahead again in terms for kit coupled with a new front bar. We had to wait until FG2 for projector headlights for christs sake. In 2012 we should have got keyless entry and start, ICC with hard drive, blind spot mirrors. All things that can be had on a $25k Kia or Hyundai. If Ford was ahead of the game we should have got all of that in the FG in 08 giving something for Holden to really think about with the VE2 update.
Now we are miles behind. The VF is a huge leap forward in terms of the overall package. Then they went and priced it to sell. We just are not going to see that kind of step to catch up again. Unfortunately Ford loyalists are a minority but will make up the majority of the sales. Anyone who is comparing the bones of the cars will be hard pressed to not buy a Holden, unless they are looking for 335 V8. And I bought 2 FG's.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #1128
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Sigh...all this is shaping up for a great car and its going to be the last one. Balls.

Thanks for the "updates" Spyman.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #1129
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx View Post
The new Falcon wont be able to compete with the VF in terms of the overall package. Ford have already made that clear. To stand any chance against it, it will need to be one hell of a sexy car with a new interior. Thats because its not going to get all the bells and whistles when it comes to toys and tech.
Ford have a habit of doing the bare minimum in the last decade or so when it comes to the Falcon. The FG came out a couple of years after the VE and matched (just matched) it for specs. Its a better looking car with a nicer interior. But it should have come out and upped the game to give Holden something to chase. Ford has always been ahead of the game with its engines and the the ZF is great but neither got people into the cars. As it was the VE2 update required very little to put it ahead again in terms for kit coupled with a new front bar. We had to wait until FG2 for projector headlights for christs sake. In 2012 we should have got keyless entry and start, ICC with hard drive, blind spot mirrors. All things that can be had on a $25k Kia or Hyundai. If Ford was ahead of the game we should have got all of that in the FG in 08 giving something for Holden to really think about with the VE2 update.
Now we are miles behind. The VF is a huge leap forward in terms of the overall package. Then they went and priced it to sell. We just are not going to see that kind of step to catch up again. Unfortunately Ford loyalists are a minority but will make up the majority of the sales. Anyone who is comparing the bones of the cars will be hard pressed to not buy a Holden, unless they are looking for 335 V8. And I bought 2 FG's.
If it looks anything like the Ford Fusion it will be a way better looking car than the VF. The VF IMO looks average and dull unless it's a hsv.

I'm confident that the G6ET/XR6T/XR8 will look far better than the VF
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #1130
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
Yep I'll be there in the ford forums display... Can't wait..now that would be a great time to show off a fh falcon !!!!
Cool,

was going to go and take a few snaps of the product floating around the field

spyman
Old 12-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #1131
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No excuse for not upspeccing the Falcon, enough parts in the World One Car parts bin. That wouldn't need much engineering for the Falcon or Tezza. eg : Kuga. kick open tailgate.
auto side steps from Expedition, auto drivers seat that goes back when door opens and goes back to drivers selected position. HUD, folding wing mirrors, etc etc. its not rocket science..we have the engineers..just do it!!
Old 12-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #1132
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

But CSV8 why bother?

Its only a short term project. If they were building another platform to last 6 - 7 years then yes you would expect that, but sadly they aren't.

I really wish they had just ended with FGII because no doubt everyone is going to whinge about the FH because its not as good as the VF.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #1133
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
No excuse for not upspeccing the Falcon, enough parts in the World One Car parts bin. That wouldn't need much engineering for the Falcon or Tezza. eg : Kuga. kick open tailgate.
auto side steps from Expedition, auto drivers seat that goes back when door opens and goes back to drivers selected position. HUD, folding wing mirrors, etc etc. its not rocket science..we have the engineers..just do it!!
i get the feeling you don't really understand how many R & D hours have to go in to even the smallest of changes, even if they are already on other models.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:26 PM   #1134
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV View Post
Do you think it will get a new steering wheel? Something like Mustang's would be nice ( except the ugly switches).

If someone goes shopping for Calais V/G6E, they see the same interior as FG, just with different speedo font, trim pattern against the VF's complete re-do I think they'll vote with their feet.
GRRRRRRR,

I've finally given in,

was shot late last year so don't quote me if its not final spec was an FH
G6E spec car

the only change I could see was the door trim leather has 3 panel stitching

and the other cars are basically just trim changes

I'm not up to speed on the dial's so if they are diff you guys would know.

And by the finger prints Ive been told the control center has new goodies.

spyman....

pls note "the white lines are opt extra's"

Last edited by spyman03; 17-02-2014 at 11:41 PM.
6 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #1135
prydey
Rob

to be fair, much of the cosmetic changes could probably be left until fairly late in the piece. early mules would be testing the systems etc, and would probably leave much of the existing dash in place to keep as much as possible under wraps.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #1136
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is that wood trim I see ?? nice !! better than satin spears..just my opinion
Old 12-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #1137
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I hope that is just an attribute/system testing mule in an FG body.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #1138
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

Quote:
GRRRRRRR,

I've finally given in,

was shot late last year so don't quote me if its not final spec was an FH
G6E spec car

the only change I could see was the door trim leather has 3 panel stitching

and the other cars are basically just trim changes

I'm not up to speed on the dial's so if they are diff you guys would know.

And by the finger prints Ive been told the control center has new goodies.

spyman....

pls note "the white lines are opt extra's"
Awesome photos man. Dunno how you get em but they definitely put the FH into perspective. I still think the mules have a lot of stuff hidden that will show in the final piece!
xr6tjet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #1139
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I'm holding out to see how the XR8 looks. Unfortunately my new house has quite a small garage and there's perhaps 30cm clearance to the back wall once I squeeze my F6 in there.

Ultimately, it'll probably come down to how they price it and how it looks. All the extra gadgets I really don't give a futz about. My 2009 F6 is equipped enough for me. Bluetooth, reverse sensors and an iPod jack. Perfect.

I would assume the new Golf R will be out either close to the XR8 or slightly before. If they're around the same price, my dream of owning a supercharged V8 as a young boy probably won't come to fruition. A decision between a quick car that leaves my garage bulging at the seams compared to as quick a car that gives me ~1m of extra space and half the fuel usage..

I'm trying to buy one more Falcon, Ford. Please go out with a bang and you'll have a sale here.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #1140
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
is that wood trim I see ?? nice !! better than satin spears..just my opinion
hey,

if you call coated plastic, wood trim......lol

spyman

"note to all I've had to delete some of the earlier pics in this forum to continual posting pics sorry guys"

Last edited by spyman03; 17-02-2014 at 02:58 PM.