Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 14-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
m0nde0
Starter Motor

Default Brake prices

Bought a 2008 MA TDCi a few months back and its been great. Got to be the best value second hand car of its type. Just had its 120K service and the mechanic says it needs new front and rear disk rotors and pads. The quote is $520 for the front and $510 for the rear (bendix pads and i think RDA disks).

Does this sound right? I know you can pick up all the parts on ebay for a fraction of that cost. Seems like a lot for labour. And also, does anybody know what brand disks and pads are good for longer life and reduced dust?

Thanks.

m0nde0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Default Re: Brake prices

Send Floored from Race Brakes Sydney a message.

He'll let you know prices but you'll have to get them installed.

Find them in the sponsors section
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
sleek7

If you're going to a workshop to get it done, that's about the price most will charge. I had mine done for around $1k from memory. All new rotors and pads, front rotors upgraded to slotted + dimpled.
sleek7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Go get them done at Ford for a laugh.......you'd be up for about $750 just for the fronts.
I'll be due for disks and pads all round in a few months and I was anticipating around the $1K mark for aftermarkets but after a quick look on ebay, you can pick up DBA rotors and bendix pads for around $500 so might be worth shopping around for labour prices......
Old 14-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #5
3Toed
The Smoking Sloth™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superoo View Post
Go get them done at Ford for a laugh.......you'd be up for about $750 just for the fronts.
At my 30k service (MC Titanium) I got the obligatory call about the rear rotors and pads needing replacement. Was quoted in the high $900's. Yeah, nah...

Will probably get some plain EBC rotors and pads from somewhere.
Amen Brother.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
m0nde0
Starter Motor

They're not making any noise going forward yet, but the near-side rear is squealing when i apply the brakes in reverse. I'm used to brakes 'telling me' they need changing
m0nde0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #7
b2428

I got my rear rotors and pads through a local... Dont quote me on this but he said they were on par if not better then rda and bendix gt pads all up 300ish, give or take. Ford fitted them for 75 only cause the left rear piston was stuck out and took extra effort to get pushed/wound in

2010 Triton GLX-R Dual Cab. So good to be back in a manual.

2008 MA TDCI MONDEO, recently became somebody elses problem haha.

1988 EA Fairmont Monza Red 3.9L CFI - the project beast. On hold for now.

2013 Nissan Pulsar ST-L - The better halfs car
b2428 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post