Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #61
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEB
and void your warranty :

May I suggest that you do some research on the laws from the Ministry of Fair Trading before you jump on here giving advice? It is illegal for car manufacturers to void warranty because the car has been serviced by another qualified and registered mechanic. My Super Pursuit will have its last service done at the trusted family mechanic, and then I will present ford servicing with a written report of any faults found for repair prior to expiration of the warranty.

As you would understand being an employee of Mazda, servicing is there to maintain our vehicles in accordance with the manufacturer’s service schedule and maintain a good customer relation post sale. I think a lot of service departments forget that next bit. Any bad relationships caused by the service department does reflect in the consumers confidence buying that product again, simple fact. Personally I think that Ford need to examine their after sales service through the dealers and start dealing with those that are giving their product a bad name. I know through extensive personal experience that I have seen polar opposites in the quality of service between what I have received on my Fords and what I receive on our Mini (BMW servicing). Maybe Ford service managers need to do a trip to a BMW service centre and learn how to do it properly.

The end result of my experience is I am totally disgusted with Ford servicing and will not be using them again. As a result, our Super Pursuit is likely to be the last Ford we buy, unless something rally special (eg GTHO) comes out that convinces me I need to take the risk again. I love Fords, always will but I can not tolerate the incompetence, dishonesty, insulting attitudes and poor service of the Ford service centres here in QLD.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:44 PM   #62
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a phone call from Ford Australia today ( in relation to my new falcon purchase 3 weeks ago) to ask about the car and the service from the dealership. She wasn't surpised when I indicated exactly what I thought of the dealership in question post sale! She did indicate that they are working on procedures to improve dealerships ( she knew this is costing them repeat customers) however, I take it as heresay until I see it happen. I have been promised a phone call from the customer relations centre tomorrow to re-discuss the issues past & present. Maybe Ford Australia are on to something?
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2008, 07:49 AM   #63
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarby
I had a phone call from Ford Australia today ( in relation to my new falcon purchase 3 weeks ago) to ask about the car and the service from the dealership. She wasn't surpised when I indicated exactly what I thought of the dealership in question post sale! She did indicate that they are working on procedures to improve dealerships ( she knew this is costing them repeat customers) however, I take it as heresay until I see it happen. I have been promised a phone call from the customer relations centre tomorrow to re-discuss the issues past & present. Maybe Ford Australia are on to something?
Heh.

The company I work for conducts the same surveys across our customer base. The overwhelming majority (99%) suggest they may not buy our product in the future due to the woeful support they get out of India. Management's response? Move more support services to India.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post