Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-04-2018, 03:32 PM   #1
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default Century battery date code ?

Do Century batteries still have date code's stamped on them, the one I have has A3DB stamped on the top cover, I read this as being A "January" 3 "2013"
I have since read that they don't stamp them or that anymore but surely they still have a build/manufactured date on them ?.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2018, 04:06 PM   #2
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default Re: Century battery date code ?

Never mind people, I found the proper stamp/build date on the underside of the battery, that code on the top is not the build date, as they used to do many years back.

They actually have the month/year in a circle stamp on the underside now.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2018, 09:52 AM   #3
Weby
Starter Motor

Hey Galaxy XR8, I just saw this post. The stamp on the bottom of your battery is when the case was made, not when the battery was built. The stamp on the top "A3DB" is the manufacture code. "A" is for afternoon shift, 3 is the day of the month, D is the month, and B is the year. So your battery was built by the afternoon shift on 3rd April, 2018. Hope this helps.
Weby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2018, 11:44 AM   #4
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weby View Post
Hey Galaxy XR8, I just saw this post. The stamp on the bottom of your battery is when the case was made, not when the battery was built. The stamp on the top "A3DB" is the manufacture code. "A" is for afternoon shift, 3 is the day of the month, D is the month, and B is the year. So your battery was built by the afternoon shift on 3rd April, 2018. Hope this helps.
Thank you ever so kindly mate.
I sent an email to century themselves and they also said the same date as you.
This user likes this post:
Old 03-06-2018, 04:30 PM   #5
BattDateCode
Starter Motor

Thanks to this thread, post and forum. Recently got a Century with a melted date D11KA which using the above, should be 11/Nov/17 (assuming if B is 2018, A must be 2017 and the start of a new cycle of letters for year)

There's a sticker near the terminals '1805' every battery i saw had a variant, 1803 to 1804 to 1805. Wondering if 1805 is the fill date (i.e. filled May 2018 from disty?)
BattDateCode is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #6
Weby
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattDateCode View Post
Thanks to this thread, post and forum. Recently got a Century with a melted date D11KA which using the above, should be 11/Nov/17 (assuming if B is 2018, A must be 2017 and the start of a new cycle of letters for year)

There's a sticker near the terminals '1805' every battery i saw had a variant, 1803 to 1804 to 1805. Wondering if 1805 is the fill date (i.e. filled May 2018 from disty?)
The sticker tells you the month and year that the battery left the distribution centre for delivery to the reseller. It has no relation to when the battery was produced in the factory. The sticker is an indication of how long the battery has been on the shelf. 1805 means 2018, May. Century Batteries have a policy of rotating the batterys off the shelf after 6 months and the stickers give the reps a quick indication of how long it's been on the shelf. You would have noticed that they were different colours as well. There are 6 different colours used that change every month. Hope this helps.
Weby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2020, 11:56 AM   #7
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Well, that's an easy to understand and common sense system they use...

Really...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-05-2020, 02:51 PM   #8
Falcon Dood
Starter Motor

Quote:
That's great. Could you please tell me how you know which year the last letter is?
Falcon Dood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2018, 08:55 PM   #9
BattDateCode
Starter Motor

Cheers for the insight, Weby!
BattDateCode is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2019, 03:51 PM   #10
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can anyone help me decypher the age code for my Century battery?

It has 2 codes on it: D13EJ near the negative terminal and A 8E5C near positive.

Going off info from this thread, the first code could be Day - 13th - May - 2015? 2016?

but J? I did read somewhere that the year code letter starts again every 10 years, and also that the letter I isnt used to not be confused with 1. So is it either 2015 or 2016?
The bottom of the case is stamped 2015, but I can't recall month.
As for the second code, maybe nothing to do with the age?

Either way, if its 2015 or 2016 is probably about due for a replacement I think
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2019, 03:57 PM   #11
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also, Supercheap have 25% off Century batteries until the 18/8/19
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2019, 09:18 PM   #12
ESPJG32

Hi Guys,

I am now not buying Century batteries at all, they avoided a warranty claim recently because the terminals had a hole drilled thru them so it would fit on a something that had tabs.....the warranty claim was for a dead cell...nothing to do with the holes in fact, but they refused....stupid move, I am on a farm with lots of machinery, pumps etc etc and have always only used century, if someone avoids a warranty claim for such a dumb reason they have lost me permanently, be careful buying CENTURY.
ESPJG32 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2020, 10:47 AM   #13
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can anyone help me with a built date on this Motocraft battery? code A2DC

Thanks

fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11247663
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post