Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-03-2021, 03:51 PM   #2911
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS View Post
After a few years of little interest in the bike have of late been out on it on a regular basis and loving it,today her indoors came with me which was great until it hosed down still enjoyed it,we used to do some big trips on the thing years back.No pic from today but this from the other day,old thing still puts a smile on me dial.
Correct me if im wrong, but v twin yeah?
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2021, 03:56 PM   #2912
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Correct me if im wrong, but v twin yeah?
It is mate yep,old but still fun.Owned it for 20 years Chucked a fair bit of coin at it years back ie rims/GSXR front end blah blah so just decided to hang on to it.20 years later it at least feels like ive had my moneys worth out of it.
Old 07-03-2021, 04:08 PM   #2913
Kicking back

Man, TL's are cool bikes. Low end torque. And being Japanese, they do things like corners and have things called brakes. Mind you, it did have monster kays, but my brother had (still has) a vtr1000 except its timing chain decided it was off the team. He liked that bike as a daily. His current daily is a z1000. So its a bit different. My cousin had a v rod. He sold it. He now has a zx9r which he doesnt ride, and a 883 sportster which he doesnt like, complains about but still rides. His claim is, doesnt stop, doesnt go, doesnt turn, yet still rides it because harley.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2021, 04:29 PM   #2914
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Been enjoying the hotter months off playing with the trucks.
Louie's coming along nicely, paint on the cab, new steps, polishing tanks, speedo and tacho install, new cab lights but do you think I can find some air horn pedestals....nope. Doing some interior stuff on the Kdub as well.

Nice bike BTW 98TLS

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2021, 08:47 PM   #2915
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Cooler than forecast today, started on the treadmill of washing cars. 40% through the first one - turret, wheels and one side complete. AU next! If I can pick through the fleet in coming weeks, I’ll be quite happy indeed.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2021, 12:14 AM   #2916
Kicking back

Yesterday i went for arvo tea with my kid and brother.
Now for background, my brother went grey when he was 26, i had my kid when i was 22 so my brother was 28, so my kid has never seen my brother without grey hair. So my kid and I were teasing him because he has a sculptured beard calling him the ice king. Thats a reference to the kids show adventure time. My brother didnt get it initially thinking it was more towards his prior substance abuse. So i showed him what we were actually teasing him about, that calmed his farm. My kid doesnt know what drugs are, and i very much would like to keep it that way.
Then i made a trailer plug tester. It tests the cars trailer socket, ruling out 50% of trailer light issues. IE, says the cars wiring works, and if thats fine, its the trailers issue.
It was actually the child of a bum purchase i made. I bought what i thought was a flat 7 pin socket tester asuming it a plug to test the socket. But it was a socket with led tester built in. So when life gives you lemons, you chuck the lemons over the fence, grab a beer and take 90 seconds to work things out. So no chance i was going to change my trailer socket on my car, its got the parking sensor disconnect thing. But i did have trailer cable and a spare trailer plug. It works as a tester. It tells me everything from the car end works. It also, and ive been off the tools for a while, looks like something a person would actually purchase. It was good to break out my mate stanley, phillip and my pliers.
This user likes this post:
Old 08-03-2021, 08:47 AM   #2917
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Cooler than forecast today, started on the treadmill of washing cars. 40% through the first one - turret, wheels and one side complete. AU next! If I can pick through the fleet in coming weeks, I’ll be quite happy indeed.
It can take a lot longer washing utes and tray backs simply because of all the extra chassis on display under the nice clean bodywork.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:25 AM   #2918
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I try to keep a slightly less obsessive view on detailing these days. Otherwise I’d get nothing else done. It’s in the same priority level as house maintenance, lawn and gardens.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2021, 09:43 AM   #2919
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
lawn and gardens.
Yep, me to. Thinking a male Brush Turkey smuggled down from NSW could take care of all the leaf raking I do here in Summer.

Old 08-03-2021, 05:39 PM   #2920
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

WOW i just typed out a newspaper sized post, hit send and the whole lot disappeared ???!!!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2021, 06:16 PM   #2921
Kicking back

I have all bar the rims and tyres to do the rolling stock on my boat trailer. So everything brake related. So untill i get wheels, im not going to do the brakes on the other side. So the side i did today, i do like the re designed alko calipers. Had to swap out the sliders from the old style calipers as they are shorter to fit my brackets. But, that being done, they went on fine with new hardware.
Old 10-03-2021, 09:02 AM   #2922
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Five hours of uninterrupted sleep last night!

If it were six, I’d be suspicious I’d actually died.
Old 10-03-2021, 02:06 PM   #2923
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Finally sucked it up and pruned an azalea hedge …it will green up fast.
Yep, will be able to deadwood it soon.

Old 10-03-2021, 08:50 PM   #2924
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:

Too true, I wake up 6 - 10 times a night. If I have had too much to drink maybe different but more often than not, lots of times. On some occasions I have a bit of a tab to sleep but try to avoid that

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 10-03-2021 at 09:07 PM.
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2021, 10:02 PM   #2925
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Ah that’s awesome. It’s always a weird feeling when I go to bed at my normal time and wake up with light coming in around the blinds.
I usually wake up between 2am-4am almost every night. Sometimes even twice a night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
Too true, I wake up 6 - 10 times a night.
Damn that’s horrible. You wouldn’t even be getting your 90 minute sleep cycle in
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2021, 10:03 PM   #2926
Kicking back

I received the final bits for my trailer today. So i cracked on and did the work. Im pretty happy with my efforts. So new brakes, associated brake related crap like brake cable and adjuster, new wheels and tyres. Theres going to be some future adjustments due to cable stretching and stuff. Mechanical trailer brakes do not self adjust due to pad wear like hydraulic systems in cars.
I inflated the tyres to what the trailer plate prescribes, cross referenced that to what the tyres say. So for LT's, thats close to a billion psi. But, my tyre inflator, i bought it for 1 job thinking its not going to see much if any use. Its seen heaps of use. Hence why i went makita. I have other 18v stuff, so batteries get used elswhere on other power tools. So, trailers done. I did go a tad bit over the top. Ive done brake cables before, this time i did 2 cable clamps per side. But more is, well, more.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:38 PM   #2927
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I received the final bits for my trailer today. So i cracked on and did the work. Im pretty happy with my efforts. So new brakes, associated brake related crap like brake cable and adjuster, new wheels and tyres. Theres going to be some future adjustments due to cable stretching and stuff. Mechanical trailer brakes do not self adjust due to pad wear like hydraulic systems in cars.
I inflated the tyres to what the trailer plate prescribes, cross referenced that to what the tyres say. So for LT's, thats close to a billion psi. But, my tyre inflator, i bought it for 1 job thinking its not going to see much if any use. Its seen heaps of use. Hence why i went makita. I have other 18v stuff, so batteries get used elswhere on other power tools. So, trailers done. I did go a tad bit over the top. Ive done brake cables before, this time i did 2 cable clamps per side. But more is, well, more.
Hope everything works properly for you.I have reservations about non mechanics doing potential life endangering jobs like brakes and steering etc,bit like me not supposed to do simple electrical or plumbing work because I am apparently not smart enough to do these simple jobs.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2021, 11:32 PM   #2928
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Hope everything works properly for you.I have reservations about non mechanics doing potential life endangering jobs like brakes and steering etc,bit like me not supposed to do simple electrical or plumbing work because I am apparently not smart enough to do these simple jobs.
Ive had this trailer for 18 years, done bits and bobs to it in that time. It didnt spit a pad per say, the backing plate was still there, it was the pad material that decided to part company. Hence repairs /replacement bits.
The rusted out hardware i did replace with stainless. The brake cable and adjuster i could have probably got away with out replacing, but i replaced them anyways. The wheels, they were questionable. Tyres were shot. Delaminated shot. So a fresh set of everything, so far its apples.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:15 PM   #2929
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Haircut and beard trim. Woohoo!

They come runnin’
Just as fast as they can
Old 12-03-2021, 03:34 PM   #2930
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Haircut and beard trim. Woohoo!

They come runnin’
Just as fast as they can
You didn't say anything about being sharp dressed. Just that you were well groomed

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2021, 04:09 PM   #2931
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

My fashion sense is legendary.

For its absence!

5 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2021, 12:28 PM   #2932
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having another Audi towed from my parking space so my Falcon can go in it
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2021, 01:43 PM   #2933
Kicking back

Bought my brother a ute today. Nothing fancy, but he didnt want anything fancy, he's going to use it as a ute should be used. So its a series 2 au xl. In the add, the paint was less then average, dings on the tub etc. But that didnt matter, saves my brother doing it anyways. So he called the seller who was straight up honest about how the photos hide things and the recent work done to it for rego, saves his time and ours as the car was in Canberra. So we drove down at stupid am this morning to sus the car out. Yeah, the body isnt the best, but motors dry, its a 5 speed manual which isnt crunchy, good clutch, 207k on the dial which isnt bad for an au thats been used as a work car. It runs and drives really well, no odd noises, clunks or anything and its registered. But the thing that really stands out is the interior. As basic as it is, the seats are immaculate, no wear on the cloth and the bases arent collapsed. I had the cash on me, and cash is king, so the price went down. The smile on my brothers face when he did the wheeler dealers 'hold out your hand' hand shake was priceless.
7 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2021, 03:48 PM   #2934
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Watching Team New Zealand come from behind and absolutely smash Luna Rosa in race 7 Americas Cup today. Race 8 to come.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2021, 04:34 PM   #2935
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Watching Team New Zealand come from behind and absolutely smash Luna Rosa in race 7 Americas Cup today. Race 8 to come.
LOL pretty much as i felt until a couple of minutes ago
Old 15-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #2936
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS View Post
LOL pretty much as i felt until a couple of minutes ago
Haha what do you say now, wow what a nail biter to come from 2000m down, thought we were all done then that happened. Cheers.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2021, 05:01 PM   #2937
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Haha what do you say now wow what a nail biter to come from 2000m down, thought we were all done then that happened. Cheers.
No words really mate,credit to the Mrs she stayed watching the tv when i walked away in a sulk and came on here
Old 16-03-2021, 02:24 PM   #2938
Kicking back

I spoke to my brother today. He has had his new ute for a bit over 24 hours, i did the test drive, but he drove it home from Canberra to Sydney. And he is genuinely surprused that a 20 year old ute has no rattles, squeaks or creaks. His general consensus is the exterior is better then it looked at 6am when it was 3°c outside. And (i noticed this) but for the price, kays and how it ran, my brother was surprised. The interior hadnt even been cleaned. Under the floor mats the vynal floor is dirty, but the dash and seats etc are mint. Vynal floors, nothing a bit of spray and wipe wont fix. But on the trip home, he had no overheating or anything untoward. And being a manual au, the seller had a bit of interest from young blokes who had to sort out finance, but i didnt have to. The only 1 minor issue is the passengers door lock, but thats extremely minor for whats a well running, quiet, non leaking au ute. Hopefully it stays a good honest car. And with covid tax, it cost almost half what some ask for cars with 2 or 3 times the kays.
Old 16-03-2021, 04:37 PM   #2939
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Beers/Bluff oysters and another win to the Kiwi boat.
Old 17-03-2021, 01:26 PM   #2940
Kicking back

Had to have a bit of a laugh at this one. So the au i bought my brother, the seller said the radio turns on but doesnt work. That wasnt a deal breaker. Its a kenwood head unit. My brother called me today saying he fixed it. I asked how? Turns out you need to set radio stations to listen to the radio.
4 users like this post: