Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-08-2006, 01:58 AM   #1
oldskoolin69
Starter Motor

Default best sounding exhaust for auIII forte??

hey falcon guru's i got a question, what do u think would be the best exhaust to put on my auIII forte? she looks nice on ultra lows n 17'' ba xr6 rims but dosnt make a sound... im goin a 2 1/2'' but duno what brands or system wuld give me a gud sound thanx for ur input

oldskoolin69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
HLC
Audi S3

most off the shelf exhaust systems will sound pretty similar. i got a lukey 2.5" cat-backl system and it sounds alright
Old 11-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I assume it's a 6? Try lukey or redback 2.5" cats back systems. Both seem to have good results in the noise stakes.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 11:36 AM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Disconnect collector from headers and take it for a drive ... will sound great ... but the Police and EPA will not agree
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Disconnect collector from headers and take it for a drive ... will sound great ... but the Police and EPA will not agree
Neither will the local dog population.

I did that with the wagon a few weeks ago, and my boys all started crying. They thought I had broken "mummy's" car.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 11-08-2006, 03:41 PM   #6
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

I did that with the wagon a few weeks ago, and my boys all started crying. They thought I had broken "mummy's" car.
LOL :
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #7
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I personally think the redback exhaust systems have a nice note to them.. but in the end most of them all sound similar. I would suspect its the actual mufflers and resonators that would make the most difference rather than the actual exhaust pipes themselves

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #8
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

Oh my god thats funny, I can imagine it now. As for the zorst, I just went to the zorst shop and asked for a 2.5 inch cat backer, and it sounds great. Nice choice of rims as well :sm_headba
Old 12-08-2006, 12:41 AM   #9
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolin69
hey falcon guru's i got a question, what do u think would be the best exhaust to put on my auIII forte? she looks nice on ultra lows n 17'' ba xr6 rims but dosnt make a sound... im goin a 2 1/2'' but duno what brands or system wuld give me a gud sound thanx for ur input
Go for a lukey 2.5 cat back!. I have a redback 2.5 inch zorst , genie headers, resonater & an XR6 tip sounds crap & loud! On my EF just a 2.5 redback ,no resonator or extractors with a chrome 2.5 tip. It sounds far bettter & quiter. I would have bought a Lukey system but got offered a deal I could not refuse! You can't beat a Lukey muffler, they have been around for years named after the quality racer Dean lukey(ask your parents), shame their headers aren't much chop for the I6 though.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:47 AM   #10
oldskoolin69
Starter Motor

thanx for ya input i think ill go a lukey, i work just down from lilifords performance exhaust so ill just see 1 of the boys there n get what they reckon wuld suit, ill put up a pic of me car i took wif me phone its not that gud quality, i need 2 tint it and maybe sum clear/chrome lights n da exhaust n i got a sweet *** ride
Old 12-08-2006, 12:51 AM   #11
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Default Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

Even if used in jest, I find that comment offensive, that comment is nothing to be proud of & demonstrates immaturity & irresponsibility. Children are a presious comdity with sponge like learning capabilities & unleveled memory dimensions. Each to their own though!
Old 12-08-2006, 12:54 AM   #12
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Thumbs up Gateshead

Quote:
thanx for ya input i think ill go a lukey, i work just down from lilifords performance exhaust so ill just see 1 of the boys there n get what they reckon wuld suit, ill put up a pic of me car i took wif me phone its not that gud quality, i need 2 tint it and maybe sum clear/chrome lights n da exhaust n i got a sweet *** ride
A Novacastrian! There is a quality exhaust place at Gateshead I cant remember the name but I will send you a Pm on Saturday.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:03 AM   #13
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeperau
Even if used in jest, I find that comment offensive, that comment is nothing to be proud of & demonstrates immaturity & irresponsibility. Children are a presious comdity with sponge like learning capabilities & unleveled memory dimensions. Each to their own though!
What drugs are you on? It's not like I said "Gee, let's drop the exhaust and scare the crap out of the kids" I was working on the car, dropped the exhaust, and started it to move it backwards so I could get to the front (my garage is a bit small). The kids were fine next time they heard the car - with exhaust firmly reattached.

You are right about kids being sponges, but the rest of what you said is just dribble.

How about you go and fit some 70 series tyres to your 17s!

As for 2.5" system options, either Lukey or redback will be fine - just depends on what mufflers you use (or don't use) as to how loud it will be. For the wagon, I went redback as it came with 2 mufflers (one center, one rear), which makes the car nice and quiet (for the missus and kids), but will still howl at full song (which doesn't happen much when the kids are in the car). Plus it was cheaper than the lukey (by about $50).

Old 12-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #14
oldskoolin69
Starter Motor

gateshead huh? i live at whitebridge bout 3 seconds up the road, its a ***** of a drive 2 thornton n back each day from here,yeh let me know where n il go check it out
Old 15-08-2006, 01:39 AM   #15
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Default Exhaust

Quote:
gateshead huh? i live at whitebridge bout 3 seconds up the road, its a ***** of a drive 2 Thornton n back each day from here,yeh let me know where n il go check it out
Sorry I haven't got back to you mate. I am waiting to get the address, by memory I believe it is On the Pacific Highway next to the wreckers heading towards Belmont. I will let you know tommorrow I have been away with work. Thornton to Whitebrdge?, that is a long drive.
Old 15-08-2006, 02:22 AM   #16
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Okay guys, Time to settle and get back on topic.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #17
sleeper

Default Genie 2.3 S/s Cat Back

GENIE 2.5 S/S CAT BACK , AND A SET OF PACCIES, MUSIC TO YOUR EARS . :hihi:
sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post