Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 02-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
Miss Tatts

Smile My KH Rebuild

Well guys i thought i would post my KH here and maybe gather some advise and ideas from you all.
I dont see any other Laser on here jsut questions about them.

I bought the car because someone had offered to help me fix her up. She badly needs paint. Although looking at her from a distance u wouldnt think so.

The person who offered to help me has since moved on and left me standing with my hads full. But i have managed to gather help from other ppl. Which im most greatful for becasue as u will c my intentions are quite large.

Heres the car as i bought her

A week after purchasing her i had a clubbie offer me his tx3 for $200 for parts as he no longer wanted it.
I needed a few parts from it so it was worth it. Then discovered it had a BP(1.8lt) and mine only has a B6(1.6lt). So the thought was to do a conversion.
The person offering assistance was happy to do the conversion. Until he decided to move on. So then i was left with 2 cars and didnt know where to start. I put my feelers out to see if i could find anyone willing to give a single mum a hand in her time of need.
If i couldnt find help i was going to sell the lot and start over.
After someone offering to help out with the engine conversion i decided it was time to start on the other things that needed doing.
So i got the windows tinted. Now i think she looks SEXY even without new paint.

She needed new carpet as the old stuff was ripped had holes in strange places and didnt fit properly.
So off to the wreckars i went. Found a KH with pretty good carpet and pulled it out. Was a bonus as the seats were already out of this car. So the hard work was done. Had also been told that Astina seats would fit my model so i was on the look out for those too. I already had the tx3 seats in the front so really only wanted the rear seat as they are more comfortable, apparently.
Found some seats on thurs.
Went home and shampooed the carpet and did the swap over heres some pics.
Car stripped

New carpet in

And back seat fitted

Well thats my story so far. I have a set of tx3 rims to put on her but currently they are white and i hate them. So someone suggested this idea to me and i love it.

Im going to paint her the same color but metallic. shes a flat color at the present. Would love a color change but due to my financial situation i cant afford that. This is the next best thing and i wont have to paint door jams and the like. The side strips are going to be black with the chrome strip and Bumpers will be color coded on the bottom.
I really wanted a purple car as its my fav color, but not being able to afford a color change i have decided that im going to add purple trim inside. Thats the main reason for getting the rear seat. It has purple in it.

Well let me know what u think and if u have any ideas on things i like to do.
Im also interested in seeing other project lasers if u have any.

thanx for reading, stay safe and take care.

Cheers

Jo

Miss Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #2
Miss Tatts

Well Ive seen a few have viewed this thread so i thought i put in an update on my project.
Have done a full engine conversion including harness, fuel tank and lines. Went from a B6(1.6 carby) to a BP(1.8 EFI). What a massive job. But the end result was well worth it. heres some pics.

B6 coming out

BP in

Dash coming out so new harness can be fitted

Heres my extractors which are yet to be fitted. The flange is different from the flex to the exhaust i currently have. And we discovered a hole while we were changing fuel tanks and lines. So now saving to get a 2" exhaust right thru. Have been quoted $185

The mags i got off the tx3 i bought for $200. Got a full set of 5. Was a bargain

Here they are all stripped back. Now to file back gutter rash and either polish then or respray a different color. Dont want to go black like in the previous pic. If anyone has any color suggestions pls let me know.

And finally my new/second hand front seats. They are the matching ones for the back seat. These need a retrim but the frame and foam is good just outter fabric is fair cond. Can have them retrimmed at a later date. Seat covers will do the trick for now.

I scored these for a bargain. Was originally quoted $100 for both. The guy at wreckars went and took a look and saw the trimming and gave them to me for $70. So i got he full set for $145. Not bad considering i know guys on another site slling them for $250 for front alone.

Well thats my update. Any suggestions or comments pls feel free to leave them.

Cheers
Miss Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post