Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 10-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #1
red

Default EL aircon vent lets traffic fumes inside

Hello,
I'm new to this forum. Have enjoyed reading through various posts in what seems to be a great resource.

Can anyone please tell me what I can do to troubleshoot why my EL fairmont air conditioner permits fumes to enter the cabin regardless of whether I have the vent switched to fresh or recycle?

Thanks.
Choking to death here,
Red.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Sounds like your blend door or motor isnt working...
Id check the vac lines in the engine bay first...
I think its a green line that connects to a rubber hose, up near the firewall
Ohhhhh and Welcome to the Forums..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
BlackLS

Blend door is probably broken. I still need to get around fixing this, driving through M5 tunnel, I close all the vent doors try not to breathe to much.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #4
red

Hello svo347.
Thanks for your rapid reply and for your welcome. I'll go and have a look for what you've suggested.
Regards,
Red
Old 10-02-2006, 01:10 PM   #5
red

Thank you also BlackLS.
Could you tell me where to look for the blend door? Is it easily accessible?
Regards,
Red.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #6
EA2BA
PM me if you want

It would be re-circ flap located in the passeneger footwell right near the kickpanel, stick your head around there and look up you will see it, set the car on fresh note the position set in on re-circ if position hasnt changed, then the little arm that moves it is broken, happens all the time.

remove glove box and lower trim to gain access, then unbolt it, remove it, arildite it, replace it. (A real quick fix is jam the flap in the up position (i.e. re-circ))

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #7
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA2BA

(A real quick fix is jam the flap in the up position (i.e. re-circ))
Which is what i have done with mine..... all too common unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 02:02 PM   #8
red

Well you guys are brilliant.
The blend door clearly doesn't change positions when I switch between fresh & recycle. I will try to jam it with duct tape - unless you have a better suggestion.
Thanks heaps.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #9
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Aren't all newer cars supposed to allow a portion of air from the outside at all times?
Old 10-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #10
Trevor 57
is now there

Well thanks guys, I will go out and fix my Fairmont Ghia now that I know how too, I have had the same problem for a little while and coz I live in the country I haven't worried too much - thanks again!
Old 21-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
xd351md

Default Re: EL aircon vent lets traffic fumes inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Aren't all newer cars supposed to allow a portion of air from the outside at all times?
I have this same issue with my XG, religiously nearly kills me if I am stuck behind a bus. Almost to the point where I wanted to drive into the bus at full speed and jumping out before hand. Thats how frustrating.....if we want a portion of air from outside there are two big side vents called windows on my ute and EL falcons have 4

I'm going to try and take the glovebox out this weekend and have a quick (long) geeze at the recirc flap and if it is infact stuffed I will either leave it permanently on recirc (bye bye 409 Bus fumes) or do some sort of self taper screw job...Ive also noticed the heater doesn't actually work at all which is retarded and ive replaced the heater tap and there is no coolant leaking on the floor, but that is another thread I believe.
xd351md is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post