Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 22-08-2015, 01:35 AM   #1
frankzhang
Starter Motor

Default 2012 MC ecoboost heated seats swith

Hi
New here, just got my late 11 titanium ecoboost last week as my first car, 85k km on the clock and I paid 16.5k for it. However on the day I got it I found the passenger side heated seat is not working. The actual swith light is working but the heating level indicator is dead. Driver side works fine. Anyone can share some experience on this matter please? Much appreciated. Thanks
frankzhang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2015, 07:43 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: 2012 MC ecoboost heated seats swith

Usual checks - not sure if they are fused individually (they may be given the likely current draw) and then check with a multimeter whether there is power at the seat heater plug with the switch on.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #3
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzhang View Post
Hi
New here, just got my late 11 titanium ecoboost last week as my first car, 85k km on the clock and I paid 16.5k for it. However on the day I got it I found the passenger side heated seat is not working. The actual swith light is working but the heating level indicator is dead. Driver side works fine. Anyone can share some experience on this matter please? Much appreciated. Thanks
Did you purchase from a dealer? If so you should have a statutory Warranty. See if they can fix it!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:49 AM   #4
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any outcome you wish to share?
Old 01-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
frankzhang
Starter Motor

Hi Thanks for chasing up. Turns out to be an common flaw. That switch is easily flooded due to too close to cup holders, genuine parts would cost $200 from Britain, didn't bother to ask a quote from local ford as they are rip off. Ordered two from China for $45 one for spare Problem solved
Old 01-11-2015, 05:28 PM   #6
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi Thanks for chasing up. Turns out to be an common flaw. That switch is easily flooded due to too close to cup holders, genuine parts would cost $200 from Britain, didn't bother to ask a quote from local ford as they are rip off. Ordered two from China for $45 one for spare Problem solved
Where do you source your Mondeo parts from China?
Old 02-09-2016, 02:40 PM   #7
msford

I haven't had to use my heated seats for a while but thought I'd turn them on this morning only to discover that they are dead. Totally dead. No heating and no indicator lights. I checked the fuses and even put in another fuse but that wasn't the problem.

I have only just been told by my partner that she spilled some coffee in that area (she claims they are poorly designed. Funny how I've never spilt anything on them...lol). That does make some sense as I had noticed some brown stains but I never thought to ask.

Mine is a 2011 MC TDCI but I suppose the switches would be the same across all models of that era.

Would anyone be able to suggest a cheap repair/replace option as I do like to use them during the really cold Melbourne winter mornings?

Thanks in advance
Mick
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2016, 09:37 PM   #8
frankzhang
Starter Motor

Hi I have my friend brought them to me from China so it's cheap, however in Australia try use Aliexpress and they cost around $usd 45 each including shipping, stilling much cheaper than ford local part store. And repair is uber easy, took me 20 seconds to change the switch with a credit card(or something similar) as only tool needed
Old 04-09-2016, 08:19 AM   #9
msford

Quote:
Hi I have my friend brought them to me from China so it's cheap, however in Australia try use Aliexpress and they cost around $usd 45 each including shipping, stilling much cheaper than ford local part store. And repair is uber easy, took me 20 seconds to change the switch with a credit card(or something similar) as only tool needed
Thanks for that info. I looked online and found one for sale for $90 on eBay and I've got a $20 discount voucher if I use the eBay app so it comes down to $70, which is not far off the USD 45 so I will go for that one, but I'll keep the Aliexpress option in mind if (maybe, when) it happens again.

But I'm very interested in this credit card installation option. I'm guessing you somehow squeeze the card in and push the unit out/up? Do you have a YouTube video or something? I found this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYNCcRKWsHg but it's a bit more involved than just popping out the switch unit.

Either way, I'm happy to not have to fork out $228 plus installation.

Cheers
Mick
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post