Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 10-05-2016, 05:39 PM   #1
rickh
Starter Motor

Default mc mondeo mud flaps

I'm looking to fit mudflaps to my 2014 mc tdci to protect the body work a bit better.
Has anyone got mudflaps fitted, what type, where did you got them and most importantly what do they look like?

thanks rick
rickh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2016, 08:38 PM   #2
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Hi Rick.
They look like black plastic mud flaps. Get them from your Ford dealer through spare parts. They come with fitting instructions.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2016, 09:06 PM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: mc mondeo mud flaps

Genuine Ford available but do not fit Titanium or XR5..

Front: AM7S7J 16G574 AB
Rear Hatch: AM7S7J A286A12 AA or AMAS7J A286A12 AA
Rear Sedan: AM7S7J F286A12 AA
Rear Wagon: AM7S7J N286A12 AA

Look at the Ford page below, they are for current MD and a little different, but basically what they look like. They dont have a listing for MC...

http://www.ford.com.au/cars/mondeo/accessories/exterior#

Last edited by GTLEGEND; 10-05-2016 at 09:09 PM. Reason: More info
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2016, 06:48 AM   #4
Deo

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11445157

Sent from my GTi-9305 using bloody Tapatalk
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
DougalXR6

I've fitted genuine mudflaps to my MD Trend which I purchased from Adelaide Spares through their E Bay store. They were delivered to my front door within two days of ordering.

They were very easy to install and came with instructions and mounting kit.

This link will take you to the MC mudflap set:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-F...item1c39caefae

Last edited by DougalXR6; 29-09-2020 at 08:43 PM.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2016, 07:48 AM   #6
rickh
Starter Motor

thanks everyone. OEM set on order, expect to receive them before next week. cheers
rickh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2016, 07:19 PM   #7
ICF67
Starter Motor

Does anyone know if the mudflaps are available from ANYWHERE for the MC TDCI Titanium 2011 model. Ive looked just about everywhere i can think of without any luck.
Living in the country would like that extra bit of protection like all the others here.
ICF67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #8
Deo

As per the ebay listing Ford don't make them because of the body kit on the Titanium.
As per my link on to the other thread someone has coerst the Chinese ones to fit.

Sent from my GTi-9305 using bloody Tapatalk
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2016, 10:11 AM   #9
Mondaveo

Hi ICF67. As mentioned Ford don't make moulded mud spats to fit the Titanium's sports body kit so you basically have two options.

The link Deo mentions is my thread, I found a Chinese ebay seller who has produced mud spats moulded for the side skirts. The ebay search phrase you want is "Mondeo mk4 mud flaps side skirts". You'll only be able to use the front ones - it seems the producer didn't size for the rear valance extensions. Still for $30-ish I was very happy just with the fronts. Here's how they look:

Your other option is to get some generic flat 'rally style' flaps which is discussed in this TalkFord thread. These are a kind you can cut to shape and fix to the inside of the wheel arch. They're the only option I know if you wanted to put some flaps on the back. This user like me just fitted them to the front:

If you do end up doing one or the other I hope you'll show us the results here in the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post