Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-11-2019, 07:12 PM   #361
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Schumacher critical

Powered by Ford too
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2019, 08:24 PM   #362
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

and I'll say it, I love him
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2019, 08:56 PM   #363
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Powered by Ford too
No. Powered by Cosworth.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #364
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
No. Powered by Cosworth.
Close enough
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #365
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
25 years ago today - his first World title
Was traction control legal during the 1994 season? Not quite sure because the Benetton team apparently had a 'hidden menu' in the ECU that enabled it.

Anyone know how Schumacher's team managed to re-fuel faster than any other team that year? Might have to ask Jos Verstappen if he knows anything on that.

Shame that Schumacher lost all his 'great driving ability' at the last round when he had that "accident" with Damon Hill to win a his first championship, by a single point.

What a great shame indeed.
Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2019, 09:50 PM   #366
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No. Powered by Cosworth.
Says Ford on the cam cover
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2019, 01:40 PM   #367
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Schumacher's wife issues rare message

Ahead of the sixth anniversary of Michael Schumacher's tragic accident, the F1 legend's wife has given a philosophical response to questions about her husband's health.

Schumacher's life changed forever when he suffered massive head injuries during a skiing trip in 2014.

The seven-time world champion hasn't been seen publicly since the incident with his long recovery conducted with the utmost privacy.

While he's been missing from the public eye, the German's standing with fans across the world has remained as strong as ever.

The Kerpen fan club in Germany is set to launch a new "KeepFightingMichael" social media page next week, in their bid to keep the memory of the racing icon alive.

Corinna Schumacher responded to the "KeepFightingMichael" social media page, giving her husband's supporters a sense of optimism ahead of the six-year anniversary of the accident.

"Big things start with small steps. Many small particles can form a huge mosaic," Corinna reportedly told fans.

"Together you are stronger, and that is exactly how combined forces of the KeepFighting movement make it easier to encourage others."

The chairman of the fan club, Reiner Ferling, expressed hope the F1 great will be able to be seen in public again.

"Unfortunately, the time has come again, the sixth anniversary of Michael's accident is coming around," Ferling said.

"Six years full of hope that Michael will one day go out in public again.
"We know that Michael is in good hands, that he gets love, security and confidence. Michael can count himself lucky to have such a strong family behind him.

"As a fan club, we will provide all kinds of support that we can provide."
Schumacher's wife has protected the star from the media when providing updates on her husband's recovery but did provide some insight in a recent interview.

Speaking to She's Mercedes magazine, Corinna said her husband "is in the best of hands right now.

"We are doing everything we can to help him. Try to understand that we follow Michael's desire to keep his health a secret."

Schumacher's former manager Willi Weber expressed frustration with the amount of information the family has provided about his former client's condition.

Weber told Munich newspaper TZ his requests to visit him have been knocked back by the Schumacher family.

"I know that Michael has been hit hard, but unfortunately I do not know what progress he makes," Weber said on German documentary The Michael Schumacher Tale RTL special.

"I'd like to know how he's doing and shake hands or stroke his face.
"But unfortunately, this is rejected by Corinna.

"She's probably afraid that I'll see right away what's going on and make the truth public."

Earlier this month, Schumacher's doctor revealed of the the motorsport great still has some way to go with his treatment.

Jean-Francois Payen told German publication In Touch: "There is a one-to-three year plan for the regeneration period.

"I still visit him occasionally and talk to the family about any progress I see."
Payen was the first to report Schumacher came out of his coma five years ago and paid tribute to his wife's strength.

"She sees things very clearly and will do anything to make her husband's condition better."
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/moto...cid=spartanntp

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2020, 10:53 AM   #368
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Michael Schumacher is ‘very altered, deteriorated and not how we remember him’

Formula One legend Michael Schumacher is “very altered” six years on from his skiing accident, a leading neurosurgeon has alleged.

The Sun - News Corp Australia Network - January 22, 20209:33am

Michael Schumacher is “very altered” six years on from the horror ski accident which left him with a shocking brain injury, claims a leading neurosurgeon.

The Formula One ace nearly died when he fell and cracked his head on a rock while skiing off-piste in the French Alps in December 2013.

Although the Ferrari icon is now out of his long-term coma, surgeon Nicola Acciari claims he will still be changed from the man his millions of fans remember, reports The Sun.

“We must imagine a person very different from the one we remember on the track, with a very altered and deteriorated organic, muscular and skeletal structure,” Dr Acciari told Italian newspaper Contro Copertina.

“All as a result of the brain trauma he suffered.”

Dr Acciari, who works for a hospital in Bologna, is not reported to have treated the sporting superstar.

Last year it was revealed Schumacher’s former boss at Ferrari said he is making progress in his recovery and enjoys watching F1 races on TV.

Jean Todt, one of the racing ace’s closest mates, provided F1 fans a rare update during an interview with Radio Monte-Carlo (RMC).

Todt told the station that Schumacher has been making good progress, and the pair have watched F1 on TV.

He added: “I’m always been careful with such statements, but it’s true. I saw the race together with Michael Schumacher at his home in Switzerland.”

While declining to provide too much detail on Schumacher’s health, out of respect for his family, Todt said: “Michael is in the best hands and is well looked after in his house.

“He does not give up and keeps fighting.”

Todt has admitted, though, that his pal’s struggle to communicate has saddened him.

“His family is fighting just as much and of course our friendship cannot be the same as it once was,” he said.

“Just because there’s no longer the same communication as before. He continues to fight. And his family is fighting the same way.”

Todt — now the head of motorsport’s governing body FIA — regularly visits Schumacher in Switzerland.

He and F1’s managing director Ross Brawn, who worked with Schumacher on all seven of his F1 titles, are both very close friends with the star and continue to spend time with him.

Schumacher turned 51 on January 3, but has not been seen in public since a skiing accident in the French Alps six years ago, which left him with severe head injuries and in a medically-induced coma.

He hit the right side of his head on a rock, splitting open his helmet.

Doctors at Grenoble hospital removed blood clots, but others were left untouched because they were too deeply embedded in his brain.

STAYING POSITIVE

With unsourced stories abounding, updates on his condition went from scarce to non-existent as his family closed ranks around him.

In line with the family’s bid to keep the star’s condition out of the public arena, Mr Todt said: “It’s something very private.”

But, he added, Schumacher is being “very well taken care of; he lives with his family in his house between Geneva and Lausanne”.

He said: “In the end, only positive thoughts help him. I and his whole family are positive in the mental sense, despite the circumstances.”

Mr Todt rarely speaks publicly about Schumacher.

According to the Scuderia Ferrari Club’s website, during Schumacher’s time working alongside Mr Todt, his former boss once said: “I’m very attached to Michael.

“He’s never been an easy person to give his friendship, (but he did) with me, and these things create very strong relationships — friendship and affection for good.”

In January last year, Brawn reiterated the need for Schumacher to be shielded from the media spotlight.

Brawn said: “I am constantly in touch with (Schumacher’s wife) Corinna and I totally agree with their decision. Michael has always been a very private person.”

An official documentary film about the legend, Schumacher, completed with the blessing of his family, was released last year.

It featured rare interviews with his dad Rolf, Corinna, his kids Gina and Mick, and others who have worked with or raced against him during his impressive career.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...2801d0c508206a

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #369
Bossxr8
Peter Car

What kind of quality of life does he have? Just wasting away to nothing by the sound of it.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-01-2020, 12:42 PM   #370
prydey
Rob

Its a 'nothing' article. lots of 'claims' and 'alleged' references by a person who hasn't even been in contact with MS or operated on him.

I'm sure his family prefer to have him still part of this world, than gone from it.

Where there is life there is hope.

Keep fighting MS
Old 12-09-2020, 09:00 PM   #371
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Ex-Ferrari boss visits Michael Schumacher, provides health update
The F1 legend has been kept out of public view for almost seven years, but behind the scenes he hasn’t given up in his recovery fight.

Jai Bednall

Former Ferrari boss Jean Todt has revealed he visited Michael Schumacher last week and says the seven-time F1 champion is fighting to overcome the devastating injuries he suffered in a skiing accident in 2013.

Todt, who oversaw five of Schumacher’s drivers championships at Ferrari, is among just a handful of people who have access to the 51-year-old at his Lake Geneva home.

Schumacher’s condition has been a closely-guarded secret as his family remains determined to respect his privacy.

But Todt, 74, offered positive news after his visit. “I saw Michael last week. He is fighting,” Todt told the PA news agency.

“My God, we know he had a terrible and unfortunate skiing accident which has caused him a lot of problems. But he has an amazing wife next to him, he has his kids, his nurses, and we can only wish him the best and to wish the family the best, too.”

“All I can do is to be close to them until I am able to do something, and then I will do it,” he added.

Todt also spent time with Schumacher in July and left hoping “the world will be able to see him again”.

“That is what he and his family are working towards,” Todt said at the time.

A leading neurosurgeon claimed earlier this year the German was “very altered” after suffering a severe brain injury.

He reportedly underwent stem cell therapy in Paris in 2019 and continues to be privately treated at his home.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...926d16ac8677ab

Old 12-09-2020, 09:11 PM   #372
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
"Ex-Ferrari boss visits Michael Schumacher, provides health update"................ So it's pretty much the same thing as the last time we had a health update........clickbait
Old 13-09-2020, 01:09 PM   #373
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
"Ex-Ferrari boss visits Michael Schumacher, provides health update"................ So it's pretty much the same thing as the last time we had a health update........clickbait

Agree, I doubt very much you will here anymore improvement with Michael Schumacher, I'm sure his family know this and keeps it private.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2020, 03:43 PM   #374
mondeomatureguy

This accident happened to Schumacher in 2013 i think and he hasn't been seen in public since so he must be in a bad way.

I've read the reports about him now and then but they don't really tell you much about his condition. Such a shocking accident happened to him and you must feel for his wife and family going thru this and Michael himself of course.

He will never be the same again but may be one day we will see him in Pubic life again at a Car race?
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2020, 02:17 AM   #375
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Agree, I doubt very much you will hear anymore improvement with Michael Schumacher, I'm sure his family know this and keeps it private.
We also don't know the true definition of 'recovery fight'. Fighting to keep breathing? To move a hand rather than twitch a finger?

He would have access to the best medical help in the world, as well as experimental stuff that 'may' do something.

To be honest, I believe that he is in a physically atrophied and mentally vegetative state with machines keeping him going - which is why we will never see a picture of his current state.

However, my gut tells me that unless Bones flies his bird of prey back in time and uses some sort of future technology to bring him back there is next to no hope of him ever leaving his bed after this amount of time.

4 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2020, 05:01 PM   #376
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
We also don't know the true definition of 'recovery fight'. Fighting to keep breathing? To move a hand rather than twitch a finger?

He would have access to the best medical help in the world, as well as experimental stuff that 'may' do something.

To be honest, I believe that he is in a physically atrophied and mentally vegetative state with machines keeping him going - which is why we will never see a picture of his current state.

However, my gut tells me that unless Bones flies his bird of prey back in time and uses some sort of future technology to bring him back there is next to no hope of him ever leaving his bed after this amount of time.
Agree 100%.

Most competitive/sports people would not want to "live" in the state that MS has been kept for the last few years. Try everything possible for the first couple of years post injury yes, that is understandable. But it's almost 7 years now! I doubt it would be MS's choice to be on life support for so long. I think his wife is the clingy type, and maybe has issues with separation. I would even say it is cruel what she is doing to him.

MS had built an enormous fortune during, and post his racing days. The amount of money Corinna has spent on trying to keep MS alive would be in the hundreds of millions of dollars by now. I wouldn't want to call her selfish, but maybe that money would have been better donated to a cause in Michael Schumacher's name. Possibly a medical centre for brain injury/head trauma would have been ideal. With yearly donations for the centre. I'm sure MS would have preferred that.

MS's condition is all speculative of course. We don't know for sure what state he is in. But the signs don't, and have not looked positive for some years now. The secretive nature of his treatment does not help either.
Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2020, 05:35 PM   #377
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

How do you know he has been on life support for 7 years?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2020, 06:28 PM   #378
nstg8a

A whole lot of guesswork going on here... no one knows his true condition outside of the family, no point trying to guess because you literally have no idea.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2020, 06:58 PM   #379
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
A whole lot of guesswork going on here... no one knows his true condition outside of the family, no point trying to guess because you literally have no idea.
Yes, and no one else's business really. Some people think that just because they were a public figure in their career they have a right to their private life as well. MS was known for keeping his private life private even when he was racing.

I'm sure his wife and son don't share the opinions of some on here, and that's all that matters.
Old 15-09-2020, 10:47 PM   #380
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Yes, and no one else's business really. Some people think that just because they were a public figure in their career they have a right to their private life as well. MS was known for keeping his private life private even when he was racing.

I'm sure his wife and son don't share the opinions of some on here, and that's all that matters.
Maybe you should tell that to MS family, friends and associates who have made these public statements at times in regards to his injuries; so much for keeping it private!
Naturally people here and public are only being curious with his welfare after all he is well known to the public through his racing career.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2020, 11:03 PM   #381
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Prydey loves saying the opposite of anything to get attention
falcon_bandit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2020, 12:51 AM   #382
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Close friend provides heartwarming Michael Schumacher update

One of Michael Schumacher’s closest friends has offered brief but encouraging news about the F1 legend’s health.

FIA president Jean Todt says Michael Schumacher is keenly following the progress of his son, Mick, as he closes in on a Formula One seat.

As his father continues his fight after devastating head injuries suffered in a skiing accident in 2013, Mick has embarked on a motorsport career of his own and currently leads the F2 standings.

Fans of the Ferrari legend have been desperate to know if Michael – whose condition remains shrouded in secrecy – has been able to enjoy his son’s rise to the top.

They now have an answer.

“Of course he is following him,” Todt told RTL France.

“Mick is probably going to race in Formula 1 next year which will be a great challenge. We would be delighted to have a new Schumacher at the highest level of motor racing.”

Todt, the former Ferrari boss, visits Michael every month and is the most regular source of news about the 51-year-old’s health.

“This is a question on which I am going to be extremely reserved,” the Frenchman told RTL.

“I see Michael very often – once or twice a month. My answer is the same all the time – he fights. We can only wish for him and his family that things get better.”

Schumacher’s health has been an issue of intense public fascination since he suffered a near-fatal brain injury in 2013 after falling and hitting his head on a rock while skiing off-piste in the French Alps.

Despite wearing a helmet, the German’s injuries were so severe he was placed into a medically-induced coma.

Since his accident nearly seven years ago there have been only scraps of information on his ongoing recovery.

He is understood to have regained consciousness and left hospital in 2014 to continue his recovery at home in Switzerland.

Renowned neurosurgeon Erich Riederer speculated in a documentary that aired on French TV earlier this year the seven-time F1 champion was a shell of his former self.

“I think he’s in a vegetative state, which means he’s awake,” he told TMC.

“He is breathing, his heart is beating, he can probably sit up and take baby steps with help, but no more.

“I think that’s the maximum for him. Is there any chance of seeing him like he was before his accident? I really don’t think so.”

But it appears he is at least able to cherish the exploits of his son, who is expected to be handed some practice experience by Ferrari at the season-ending F1 Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi before being handed a full-time drive with another team in 2021.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...ed7b508da06289

3 users like this post:
Old 19-11-2020, 12:42 PM   #383
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These articles are ridiculous. Todt says the same thing every few months... 'he is fighting'
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-11-2020, 12:46 PM   #384
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
So someone sticks him in front of a tv or newspaper. Doesn't mean he's in any state to be able to understand what's going on.

He must be bad if no one is saying much beyond he's conscious.

All these articles are just guess work. And the quotes from people who have visited him are so vague, as to be basically useless.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-11-2020, 02:54 PM   #385
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
These articles are ridiculous. Todt says the same thing every few months... 'he is fighting'
Yep.... "keenly following the progress of his son"

You would be led to believe that he is awake, coherent and communicating.

If that were the case we would have seen him like that.

3 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2021, 12:21 AM   #386
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For those unaware, the Netflix documentary about Michael Schumacher dropped this week. Sadly, this movie feels like a send-off as much as a biography. Some of Mick's comments make it clear Michael is uncommunicative.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2021, 08:38 AM   #387
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Watched last night with every single piece of me fixated.......
Having been a loonnnnng time Ferrari supporter waiting more than 20yrs for the Championship pre Schumi obviously I consider he a Legend and above any of the Champions since what he had achieved in the wounded Prancing Horse back in the winners circle. (barring love Kimi as well)
Moulding a brilliant supporting cast that makes a team winners.
Yes b0son I don't know what to think of his outcome and during some pieces I was welling up, especially how Corinna came across and her love of keeping the family together.

I recall watching him when he came onto the scene, his early days with his Dad.
What a foundation, winning with spare worn tyres on their carts etcetc......
Its epic talent ambition and drive.

It was gut wretching seeing Monza again re Senna and how it effected the world and the F1 fraternity Schumi so much.
Senna knew this kid was special, when he reprimanded him after Schumi went up his rear, as in the doco quotes, the Lead Lion knew a young Lion was coming for his throne.

Todt/Brawn and the entire Ferrari team how Schumi influenced bonding was the recipe to success and a period in F1 that is one of the best for the "ages" for me.
How he drove a dog of a car, Irvine couldn't believe it, that win in the wet for eg.....
He was brilliant at understanding the machine and its faults and drive around it. Not many do that today or can.

Never seen that Brat in a sub standed car and show all like Schumi had done, Senna the same back in the Toleman.

Epic doco for me, Forza Schumi forever.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"

Last edited by FTE217; 17-09-2021 at 08:44 AM.
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2021, 09:15 AM   #388
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Was a great watch.

The selfishness of reasons to keep him alive is what pains me the most. Let the poor bloke die. Having been a part of making these decision myself, letting loved ones die with dignity is worth more than holding onto false hope.
Old 17-09-2021, 09:45 AM   #389
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Was a great watch.

The selfishness of reasons to keep him alive is what pains me the most. Let the poor bloke die. Having been a part of making these decision myself, letting loved ones die with dignity is worth more than holding onto false hope.
Yeh… wasn’t a bad hour to spend in front of the box. My fave scene was his interaction with Senna. Senna telling him to admit he €###ed up…. Lol
Egos ? much…

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2021, 09:50 AM   #390
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Was a great watch.

I agree, and even if/when people get better is it really what they want or what others want?

Ill watch this one over the weekend.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post