Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default All new Toyota Yaris revealed!

Err, except its AWD, 192KW/360NM, 1.6L 3 cylinder turbo engine, and tied exclusively to a 6sp manual box?

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...vealed-122379/

Has Toyota found their balls again? This is a huge change in company direction, new Supra (I know its a BMW), now this new Yaris? Even the design language change on the Corolla and Camry, those two look mint these days.

PRicing expected to be in the $50K mark, its way too exxy I reckon to be priced around that, personally would rather see it around the $30K mark with FWD rather than driving all 4 wheels, I don't think its worth the $50K price tag.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2020, 04:11 PM   #2
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Default Re: All new Toyota Yaris revealed!

The philosophy of getting back to exciting cars is going back a bit now... prior to the 86 being released in 13/14 whenever it was. They've been trying to introduce exciting cars into their line up for a while now.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I'm too young to have experienced the power wars and muscle car crisis of the 70's but back then can you imagine the looks you would have got if you said that in the future you could buy a small city hatch with 250HP or a regular family sedan with 430hp or high performance SUV's, coups and all manner of other vehicles with 600+ HP?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2020, 06:41 PM   #4
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It might end up expensive, but I bet there'll be people who will pony up for it. Would be a fun little city car.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2020, 07:12 PM   #5
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

I'd buy one !!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2020, 02:20 PM   #6
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can thank the new WRC homolgation rules for this, otherwise it would have never been seen
Old 13-01-2020, 08:25 AM   #7
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

nice but if rumoured to be 50k that's a bit rich. The 50k, even 40k+ market is quite big with some decent metal that, personally I would choose over this.
Old 13-01-2020, 06:13 PM   #8
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
DRIVE 13 JAN 2020
Toyota readying Yaris-based SUV
Toyota's new entry-level crossover will slot under the C-HR

Toyota is reportedly developing a new, entry-level crossover to slot into its line-up beneath the C-HR.
Auto Express reports the new SUV is set to be revealed in the second half of this year.

It’ll be the second vehicle to use the Yaris’s TNGA-B architecture, which differs from larger TNGA-C-based cars like the Corolla in using a simpler, torsion-beam rear suspension.

The SUV is expected to measure around four metres long, around the same length as a Hyundai Venue.

For comparison, the new Yaris measures 3940mm and the C-HR is 4360mm long. Other small SUVs like the Mazda CX-3 and Nissan Juke are just over 4200mm long.

Toyota sees a spot in its range for an SUV both smaller and cheaper than the C-HR.

“SUV segments in general are all continuing to grow,” Toyota’s European executive vice president Matt Harrison told Auto Express.

“C-HR is playing in the very top end of what could almost be a sort of coupe-crossover C-segment SUV. It doesn’t really compete with other products like Qashqai or more practical offerings.”

Should it reach Australia, it'll give buyers a more affordable SUV option at Toyota dealers. The C-HR only just sneaks in under $30k before on-road costs, narrowly undercutting the larger RAV4, while hot-selling small SUVs like the Mitsubishi ASX start at around the $25k mark.

Some of the SUV’s extra length over the Yaris may be in the wheelbase, allowing for a more spacious cabin.

The new model will also be around 40mm taller than the Yaris, affording it the coveted higher seating position of an SUV.

Expect the SUV to share powertrains with the 2020 Yaris instead of the C-HR.

That means a naturally-aspirated 1.5-litre three-cylinder engine mated to either a continuously variable transmission (CVT) or a six-speed manual transmission.

That same engine can also be mated to a lithium-ion battery in the Yaris, so expect the SUV to likewise offer a hybrid option.

The new Yaris will be available with Toyota’s E-Four electric all-wheel-drive system in the Japanese market, which also swaps out the torsion-beam rear suspension for a double-wishbone arrangement.

This could be shared with the new SUV, though it’s possible it could be front-wheel-drive-only in some markets, much like the Hyundai Venue.
https://www.drive.com.au/news/toyota...=homePageNews5

The C pillar of that red car looks very awkward - not sure if it's the paint colour transition but with that design not much else to do unless you leave it the one colour.

Old 13-01-2020, 07:24 PM   #9
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I hate this trend towards SUVs but unfortunately I'm now the 'old man' customer of the automotive industry.

Back in my day I was hip and trendy!

SUVs are just same jacked up small car on stilts with the same driveline, except it weighs more, handles worse, is slower and uses more fuel.

I'm a fan of micro segment, small cars, large sedan, and American Ute.

Not particularly keen on SUV or Thailand specials but I'm at a different lifestyle compared to the family man.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 13-01-2020 at 07:35 PM.
Old 13-01-2020, 08:23 PM   #10
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I hate this trend towards SUVs

SUVs are just same jacked up small car on stilts with the same driveline, except it weighs more, handles worse, is slower and uses more fuel.
They're easier for the wornout old baby boomers to get in & out Of......
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-01-2020, 08:15 AM   #11
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they need to bring out a new version of the Blade Master G
ie: a Corolla with a 200 killer wasp V6
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-01-2020, 02:09 PM   #12
Bossxr8
Peter Car

You can get some bigger, faster hot hatches for the same money.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-01-2020, 07:10 PM   #13
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

Quote:
I hate this trend towards SUVs .... but SUVs are just same jacked up small car on stilts with the same driveline, except it weighs more, handles worse, is slower and uses more fuel.
Im older than i was, grumpier, and you left out 'more expensive`.

Was never hip or trendy, though.

Ute tragic.
anobserver is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2020, 07:47 PM   #14
stevanford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
You can get some bigger, faster hot hatches for the same money.
For 50K, yes you will find bigger, but not sure you will find faster (brand new). 200kw, AWD and sub 1300kgs sounds like a whole lot of fun to me.
stevanford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2020, 11:45 AM   #15
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevanford View Post
For 50K, yes you will find bigger, but not sure you will find faster (brand new). 200kw, AWD and sub 1300kgs sounds like a whole lot of fun to me.
Golf R is 52k and it's quicker, for one.

Looks like the new Focus ST will be about the same 0-100 and it's 46k when it goes on sale soon.

As I said, it's going to be be competing with bigger cars with similar performance.

But I guess it all depends on what it's final price is. If it's much north of 50k then forget about it. Who knows, it might be mid 40's which would make it much more competitive.
Old 16-01-2020, 11:59 AM   #16
stevanford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Golf R is 52k and it's quicker, for one.

Looks like the new Focus ST will be about the same 0-100 and it's 46k when it goes on sale soon.

As I said, it's going to be be competing with bigger cars with similar performance.

But I guess it all depends on what it's final price is. If it's much north of 50k then forget about it. Who knows, it might be mid 40's which would make it much more competitive.
Cheapest brand new Golf R on carsales is 56k and will be superceded sometime this year.

As for the new ST, I'd be impressed if it was as quick given the weight and traction advantage the Toyota would have.

Agreed regarding price. It will make or break the car.
stevanford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #17
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Cheapest brand new Golf R on carsales is 56k and will be superceded sometime this year.

As for the new ST, I'd be impressed if it was as quick given the weight and traction advantage the Toyota would have.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Well both are claiming sub 6 second 0-100.

All comes down to final price. It will be interesting to see what they price it at. They have added a lot of expensive stuff like AWD, new body panels to fit the wider track and bigger tyres, and some carbon fibre bits. Pretty much all unique to this model $$$$.
Old 16-01-2020, 01:16 PM   #18
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
On paper yes, in reality? Just have to wait and see.

Besides the AWD and power, I wonder how much better the car is to drive as opposed to the Fiesta ST (60kw down and approx 25k cheaper).
Old 25-01-2020, 05:09 PM   #19
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Toyota Yaris Hybrid has amazingly low claimed fuel use

Toyota has been on a tear recently and the brand’s newest addition promises to lead all other vehicles of this type in the country.

Toyota’s newest player has a huge claim to fame.

The Japanese brand has detailed the coming Yaris Hybrid, which is due to go on sale in Australia in May.

The pint-sized hatch is powered by a 1.5-litre engine and a small electric motor and battery. The petrol-electric combo will combine for astonishing claimed fuel use of just 3.3L/100km.

The minuscule figure will make it the most thrifty hybrid — excluding plug-in versions — in the country and a vast improvement on the current Yaris’s 6.4L/100km.

Toyota’s claim eclipses the Yaris’s bigger brother, the Corolla Hybrid, which sips 4.2L/100km, as well as the current thriftiest conventional hybrid, Hyundai’s Ioniq (3.4L).

Toyota Australia head of sales and marketing Sean Hanley says the car illustrates the brand’s intention to lower its environmental footprint.

“The all-new Toyota Yaris is a marked step up from the current car in every respect and will deliver the outstanding fuel efficiency and advanced safety technology that our customers demand,” Hanley says.

The arrival of the Yaris Hybrid will spell redundancy for the company’s current mini hybrid, the Prius C hatch.

Toyota is hoping the Yaris will help it reach this year’s sales target of 40,000 hybrids. The company sold more than 27,000 last year despite being severely hampered by supply issues of the new RAV4 Hybrid SUV.

In part, Toyota’s success in moving hybrids was in closing the price gap — the RAV4 Hybrid adds $2500 to the standard petrol versions and the Corolla Hybrid $1500.

There is a flip side — Toyota has also confirmed theYaris GR hot hatch, the polar opposite to the Yaris Hybrid, is due towards the end of this year.

The Yaris GR will be powered by a fire-cracker three-cylinder engine that makes 200kW/370Nm. It turns a six-speed manual transmission and all-wheel drive

Toyota says the Yaris GR can hit 100km/h from rest in 5.5 seconds on the way to 230km/h.
https://www.news.com.au/technology/i...4be19f14f5bb91

Old 25-01-2020, 05:47 PM   #20
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
I hate this trend towards SUVs but unfortunately I'm now the 'old man' customer of the automotive industry.

Back in my day I was hip and trendy!

Yep...

Even the Suzuki Ignis is considered a SUV,,,

Why?? 10mm more ground clearance?

It doesn't even have those tacky plastic wheel arch trims that seem to define if a car is an SUV or not...

Old 25-01-2020, 10:07 PM   #21
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
The fuel economy figures are interesting.

We've got two Fiesta's (WS CL and WZ ST) and they both do about identical L/100km figures.

WS CL is 6.3L/100km
WZ ST is 6.5L/100km

It seems conventional 4 cylinder engines in small cars are stuck around that 6L/100km mark.

By stuck I mean that manufacturers aren't really interested in putting money into the $15K-$30K segment - no real innovation happening at the entry level.
Old 25-01-2020, 10:31 PM   #22
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
The fuel economy figures are interesting.

We've got two Fiesta's (WS CL and WZ ST) and they both do about identical L/100km figures.

WS CL is 6.3L/100km
WZ ST is 6.5L/100km

It seems conventional 4 cylinder engines in small cars are stuck around that 6L/100km mark.

By stuck I mean that manufacturers aren't really interested in putting money into the $15K-$30K segment - no real innovation happening at the entry level.
They could get low 3's per 100 with a diesel.

Ford have a 1.5L diesel - no reason why they can't make a modern day Fiesta Econetic that can match the output of the Yaris hybrid.

It can be done. For a while I drove a Fiat Punto 1.25 diesel. Got low 3's per 100 on the freeway and it wasn't anything special, just a run of the mill car with a small diesel engine that would be 15 years old now.

I wish Photobucket still worked - I have a picture where the 'low fuel' warning light came on and the DTE was still 265ish km!

Before that the only sub 3L /100 car was the VW Lupo - but that was a very small 3dr micro car that was around the 2000's. Now a mob in India that sells Suzuki's or something have developed a 800cc diesel that uses bugger all and surprise surprise they are all over the local news as the most fuel efficient car available.

2 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2020, 10:37 PM   #23
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
They could get low 3's per 100 with a diesel.

Ford have a 1.5L diesel - no reason why they can't make a modern day Fiesta Econetic that can match the output of the Yaris hybrid.

It can be done. For a while I drove a Fiat Punto 1.25 diesel. Got low 3's per 100 on the freeway and it wasn't anything special, just a run of the mill car with a small diesel engine that would be 15 years old now.

I wish Photobucket still worked - I have a picture where the 'low fuel' warning light came on and the DTE was still 265ish km!

Before that the only sub 3L /100 car was the VW Lupo - but that was a very small 3dr micro car that was around the 2000's. Now a mob in India that sells Suzuki's or something have developed a 800cc diesel that uses bugger all and surprise surprise they are all over the local news as the most fuel efficient car available.
The thing that sucks with diesel is all the emissions crapola that comes with it - I reckon diesel has had it's day for passenger vehicles.
Old 25-01-2020, 10:58 PM   #24
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
The thing that sucks with diesel is all the emissions crapola that comes with it - I reckon diesel has had it's day for passenger vehicles.
Diesel got a bum steer with dieselgate but new diesel engines are still being developed.

Emissions are a pain, but I think it's a simple enough obstacle to overcome considering that diesel will still be around for a while yet.

Old 26-01-2020, 03:49 PM   #25
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Read about this little beast in one of the latest magazines (Cant remember if Wheels or Motor). They are thinking pricing will be mid $30k's. At that price I can see the value, if the $50k being thrown around in this thread eventuates then it will be too expensive...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2020, 05:07 PM   #26
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Prices skyrocket for new Toyota Yaris
Base model starts at $22,000; new hybrid tops out at $32,000
Pricing has rocketed upward for the third-generation Toyota Yaris with no example starting below $20,000 and two pitched beyond $30,000.

The cheapest new Toyota Yaris, the Ascent Sport manual, is priced at $22,130 before on-road costs – a rise of $6740 compared to its predecessor.

The most expensive model in the line-up is the $32,100 ZR hybrid, which is a climb of $9430 compared to the previous flagship.

Pricing for the outgoing second-generation Yaris spanned $15,390 to $22,670 plus on-road costs.

The dollar jump means the Yaris now sits much closer to the larger Corolla on pricing. The cheapest Corolla hybrid actually undercuts the entry-level petrol-electric Yaris by more than $1000.

Toyota is pushing hard the significant improvements for the Yaris compared to its predecessor to justify the price hikes.

“The all-new Yaris has sharper styling, a dynamic new platform, powerful and efficient new powertrains, an engaging new driving experience and the cutting-edge safety that is otherwise available only in luxury cars,” Toyota Australia Vice President Sales and Marketing Sean Hanley said.

Recognising the gulf it has created in its pricing, Hanley pushed Toyota’s certified pre-owned used car program as a new avenue for entry-level buyers.

Toyota has sold more than 250,000 examples of the Yaris since its introduction in Australia in 2005, which helps explain why it is staying in the declining light-car segment when other brands such as Ford, Honda and Hyundai are pulling out.

Instead it has opted to pump up the pricing as Mazda did with its popular Mazda 2 entry-level model.

Toyota is banking on the introduction of the hybrid drivetrain to boost interest in Yaris and account for around 40 per cent of sales.

The hatch’s arrival also signals a big few months for the Yaris nameplate, with the Yaris Cross SUV and Yaris GR hot hatch also arriving later this year.

Based on Toyota’s TNGA-B architecture, the new Yaris is pretty much all-new from the wheels up. It will come with two drivetrains and in three equipment grades.

The existing 1.3-litre and 1.5-litre four-cylinder engines have been ditched and replaced by a 1.5-litre triple-cylinder in both naturally-aspirated 88kW form and the 85kW hybrid.

The three models are Ascent Sport (replacing Ascent) and the existing SX and ZR grades.

Not fitting the base model with a hybrid means the larger $27,395 Corolla Ascent Sport undercuts the cheapest $29,020 petrol-electric Yaris SX on price.

The hybrid is the most fuel-efficient model Toyota offers in Australia at a claimed 3.3L/100km average consumption rate. The CVT version of the 1.5 manages a handy 4.9L/100km. That manual is 5.4L/100km.

The nat-atmo’s 88kW output is 8kW up on the old 1.5 and 25kW than the old 1.3. The 145Nm ratings means torque lifts 25Nm and 4Nm respectively.

The hybrid’s 85kW rating combines the engine and electric motor outputs. Toyota does not provide a torque output.

Toyota says the Yaris has more safety features than any other model it offers. It is the first model it has offered here with the ability avoid collisions with pedestrian and vehicles while turning at intersections.

Other key features include autonomous emergency braking with day and night vehicle and pedestrian recognition and daylight cyclist detection. It has lane keep assist, can recognise speed signs and prompt the driver to limit speeds in response.

Inside, the Yaris will be offered with an all-new infotainment system that includes a 7.0-inch touch-screen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and voice recognition.

Highlights of each model grades equipment includes:

Ascent Sport: 15-inch steel wheels, LED daytime running lamps, 60/40 folding rear seatback, USB port.

SX: Sat-nav, keyless, 15-inch alloys, LED head and tail lights, piano black and satin interior finishes, leather-accent steering wheel, digital meters.

ZR: 16-inch alloy wheels, rear spoiler, head-up display, blind spot monitor, paddle shifts for (petrol model).

A full equipment list can be found below.

The new Toyota Yaris will be covered by a five-year/unlimited-km warranty and 12-month/15,000km service intervals for five years/75,000km priced at $195 per service.

New Yaris: model by model

Ascent Sport

Mechanical
88kW/145Nm 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol engine
Six-speed intelligent manual transmission
Optional CVT
TNGA-B platform
MacPherson strut front suspension
Torsion beam rear suspension
Active cornering assist
Electric power steering
Ventilated disk brakes (front)
Leading-trailing drum brakes (rear)

Exterior
Longer wheelbase (+40mm)
Lower roof (-5mm)
Shorter rear overhang (-45mm)
15-inch steel wheels with cap
Temporary spare
Halogen headlights, indicators
LED daytime running lamps
LED tail, stop lamp
Rear fog lamps
Auto retractable door mirrors
LED turn signal lamps
Two front-windscreen wipers
Shark fin antenna
12 paint colours

Interior
Urethane steering wheel
Steering-wheel switches
Tilt & telescopic steering column, manual
Front seats, manual adjustment
Fabric upholstery, piano black trim
Analogue speedometer and tachometer
4.2-inch multi-information display (vertical)
60:40 split-fold rear seat
Rear-seat reminder
Cargo area: two-level deck board
Power windows, front and rear
Manual air-conditioner
Centre console – 2 cupholders
Front door pockets: up to 1.5-litre bottle
Rear door pockets: up to 600ml bottle
Front 12V socket, USB port

Safety and security
Eight airbags
Driver, front passenger, 2 front centre, 2 front side, 2 curtain shield
Pre-collision safety system
Pedestrian, day and night-time detection
Cyclist, day-time detection
Active cruise control
Intersection turn assistance
Lane-trace assist (with steering assist, lane centring)
Road-sign assist
Reversing camera
Auto high beam
Antilock brake system
Emergency brake assist
Steering-assisted vehicle stability control
Traction control
Hill-start assist control
Secondary collision brake system
Emergency brake signal (hazard lights)
ISOFIX rear-seat anchors (lower outboard, 3 upper tethers)

Multimedia
7.0-inch touch-screen display
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Miracast
myToyota
AM/FM/DAB+ radio3
Enhanced voice recognition
Bluetooth (phone and music)
Mobile assistant
Access to Siri Eyes Free, Google Now6 voice commands
USB video playback (vehicle stationary)
Six speakers

SX (upgrades or additions over Ascent Sport)
85kW (combined) 1.5-litre hybrid option with e-CVT
Lithium-ion battery pack
Normal, power, eco, EV modes
Satellite navigation with enhanced content
SUNA live traffic
Intersection guidance
My traffic routes
Real junction view
Speed-limit display and warnings
Enhanced interface
Pinch and zoom on map screen
Auto air-conditioner
Keyless smart entry
Smart start (ignition button)
Digital LCD speedometer, tachometer/hybrid meter
4.2-inch multi-information display (horizontal)
Soft-touch instrument panel
Leather-accented steering wheel
15-inch alloy wheels
LED headlamps and indicators
LED rear combination lamps
Privacy glass
Silver trim highlights
CVT only on petrol variant

ZR (upgrades or additions over SX)
16-inch alloy wheels
Rear spoiler
Head-up display
Sports front seats
Blind-spot monitor
Intelligent clearance sonar with parking support brake
Paddle shifter (not on hybrid)
Embossed and Y-printed seat fabric
Piano black gear surround, front-door highlights
Red insert on dashboard, front doors

ZR with two-tone paint
Four paint colours available with black roof
Two paint colours available with white roof

How much does the 2020 Toyota Yaris cost?
Ascent Sport manual – $22,130
Ascent Sport CVT – $23,630
SX CVT – $27,020
ZR CVT – $30,100
SX Hybrid CVT – $29,020
ZR Hybrid CVT – $32,100
https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...-yaris-125724/

Thoughts??

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with their pricing structure.

Didn't Mazda try this with the new 3 and sales tanked??

If they wanted to introduce a premium city car they should have made some changes and badged it as a Lexus...

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 18-08-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 18-08-2020, 05:14 PM   #27
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol pricing
Old 18-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #28
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...-yaris-125724/

Thoughts??

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with their pricing structure.

Didn't Mazda try this with the new 3 and sales tanked??

If they wanted to introduce a premium small car they should have made some changes and badged it as a Lexus...
22K used to be the top of range ZR ask, now it's base model, cheeky
Old 18-08-2020, 05:46 PM   #29
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
22K used to be the top of range ZR ask, now it's base model, cheeky
Don't forget, that $22k is before on road costs what's that DA?? $24-25k?

Same money can get a low to mid spec Korean small car when 'on special'.

Cerato Sport Hatch or Sedan is $23,990 DA

Rio Sport just over $19k DA

Hyundai Venue Go (SUV) $22,690 DA or just over $24k in Auto

i30 Go $22k DA or $24k auto,

Elantra Go just over $21k DA or $23.5k in auto

If I had $24k to burn and wanted a new car no way I would be putting it on a base model Yaris...

2 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2020, 05:59 PM   #30
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"The price of the Toyota Yaris SX petrol is $27,020 plus on-road costs (about $29,990 drive-away)" - from CA story on it

that's staggering when you consider what XR6 and SV6 were going for before local production ended3+ years ago

Always liked Yaris after having Echo as city run around, great build quality (Jap built) and was faultless... but wow

Toyota did a big hike with 200 series introduction, 100TDs really held their value.

Edit: "The price of the Toyota Yaris ZR petrol is $30,100 plus on-road costs (about $32,990 drive-away) and the hybrid version adds $2000 to $31,100 plus on-road costs (about $34,990 drive-away)." 35k....