Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-09-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
DanXR6T
Eat more peanuts....

Default Freight and couriers - lets help each other

Hey all..

Seeing as people are always buying and selling things, I thought that maybe a thread that gives people advice on shipping larger car parts such as rims, diffs, etc in a cost effective manner would be good.

I don't have any real advice to offer, I deal in international freight and so I deal in different companies, but maybe some people want to share their experiences and company recommendations for interstate or domestic freight.

Dan..

Formerly owned:
'99 AU Falcon Ute
'88 EA Falcon GL
DanXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:09 PM   #2
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

I have send heavy items all over Aus and the best that I have found is Pack N' Send, they make up packaging to the items specification so are ideal for large, bulky or awkward items. i have sent heavy TV's and HiFi bits through them with never an issue- uncommon for freighting!
They do cost a bit but you can be pretty sure that whatever you send will arrive in the same condition that it left in. I haven't got their number to hand but a Google search will get it for you and they are based all over oz.

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:26 PM   #3
nang3

Does anyone have any advice about purchasing vehicles interstate off a private seller??
I know the main answer should be avoid it if you can, but for a reasonabley new car (under 5000kms) there not be a hell of a lot to worry about...

Are there any kind of 3rd party companies that can hold the money until the car has been inspected and both parties are happy etc???
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:46 PM   #4
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Or any companies that people can recommend that freight cars interstate?
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres a mob called VIP that do inspections and transport but no idea what they might charge
Old 05-09-2005, 11:02 PM   #6
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I just got my turbo delivered to me by Vicfast Couriers.

Otherwise try ?

http://www.transinternational.com.au..._us/index.html

http://www.transcorpaustralia.com.au...movalistsinter

http://www.ewhogan.com.au/

The links above were for help with moving a wall unit but I'm sure they still do other non furniture bits. Can't hurt to call em.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 10:55 AM   #7
fat289
fat289

Go & get it yourself then drive it home
less drama

XRGT
XP ute 351w Toploader
99 Springer softail
XW Fairmont 302w / c4 col shift 58,000 miles
fat289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 11:06 AM   #8
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat289
Go & get it yourself then drive it home
less drama
What if what you were buying was on one side of the country, and you're on the other? Hmmm???

We deal with Fastway Couriers at work, but as for service with them, meh. And with most freight companies, if you put a FRAGILE sticker on your item, it means "Kick and destroy me".
Old 06-09-2005, 06:33 PM   #9
nang3

I got a quote off VIP - $1325 for a GT from Sydney to Perth.. fully insured.. pretty exxy !!
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 06:44 PM   #10
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman82
Hey all..

Seeing as people are always buying and selling things, I thought that maybe a thread that gives people advice on shipping larger car parts such as rims, diffs, etc in a cost effective manner would be good.

I don't have any real advice to offer, I deal in international freight and so I deal in different companies, but maybe some people want to share their experiences and company recommendations for interstate or domestic freight.

Dan..
Well from personal experience over the past 6 years as far as freight companies go there's Bad, terrible and down right attrocious....
I refuse to organise frieght for my customers anymore, i "allow" them to do it because while i can guarentee the condition of the goods when they leave my place i can never guarentee the condition of the goods when they arrive... Now when they get damaged they cant blame me.
too many bad experiences with too many companies.