Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
GreenMachine39

Default 5k to do mods

ive got myself 5 grand to do mods on my sr , where should i start

GreenMachine39 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
xr6 ausome
Low au

put it towards a deposit on a house, if u already have one take 5k of the morgage and if it's paid off go on a holiday lol

Just read the threads mate plenty of advice zurst, suspension, wheels, and a few interior mods, that will do you close to your limit. or just spend the lot on the engine
Old 11-08-2007, 10:39 AM   #3
GreenMachine39

got extractors and the 2.5 inch exhaust , was looking at doing something to the engine , i just wouldnt know where to start
Old 11-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dev4 head, g&d airbox and a flash tune. That'll eat it up
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #5
The Monty
Just slidin'

Save a grand or two more, and go forced induction. If not, buy some JMM gear, or get a custom edit, high stall, diff gears, cam and head. This would make a killer combo, and it should come in to around 5g.
Edit:$1300
Stall:$1000
Diff Gears:$1000
Cam:$400+fitting (factor in another couple of hundred)
Head:Not sure, say $500, please correct me if Im wrong
GnD airbox:$600

Thats spot on 5 grand, if you factor in $200 for getting the cam put in. Thatd see a damn quick car.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #6
Sledgehammer
Banned

Blower
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 04:15 PM   #7
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fi
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #8
XR6Stu

Honestly spend it towards a house. I spent 6k on my xr6 last year and I wish i had of paid it off the loan, or put it towards a house.
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
HLC
Audi S3

sell your car and get an xr6 turbo. or a house.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:05 PM   #10
GreenMachine39

selling the car or putting the money towards a house is out of the question , im 19 making 550 a week paying 130 dollars a week in loans , im pretty sure they wont be giving me money for no house , so engine work it is. and i cant afford an xr6 turbo for now , ive still got 4 years or so on my car loan and trade in for au's are terrible
Old 11-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #11
51OAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine39
selling the car or putting the money towards a house is out of the question , im 19 making 550 a week paying 130 dollars a week in loans , im pretty sure they wont be giving me money for no house , so engine work it is. and i cant afford an xr6 turbo for now , ive still got 4 years or so on my car loan and trade in for au's are terrible
mate pay it off ya loan u will get a awesome credit rating...then once thats paid off just save ya *** off for mods...and what are u doing with the other $430
51OAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 11:34 PM   #12
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question, where did 5k come from out of the blue?
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #13
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

I probably wouldnt put the 5k into the turbo kit, you may be able to do it but you always need money aside for the small bits which can add up and any complications plus fitting can be expensive if you can't do it yourself.

I surpose you could do exterior mods a t3 kit and some 19" wheels would set you back about 5k
Old 12-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #14
GreenMachine39

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
who said it was out of the blue lol you dont know me yet ur assuming i jus magically appeared with 5 grand , its a magical thing called saving.

and to the kit and mags idea , i was thinking of the ts50 kit , 3k for that , tycoon mags with tyres 1400, and 600 on lowering , but i dont want a nice looking car , that runs a 16 second quarter :togo:
Old 12-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #15
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Me,IF I had to spend it on the car,I would buy a wrecked AUIII XR8 manual 220kw and swap it all in to your car,then drive it for a few years buy a house settle in there,fit a TS50 kit latter on and your done.Oh then you usually sell it and start again!!!!!!!!!!!!
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #16
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6 ausome
put it towards a deposit on a house
Why is there always one?

I can't understand how if someone had $5k to spend or have saved for something in particular, that the thought of what else they could spend the money on hasn't crossed their mind.........

The guy could have more than you and I put together, already have a separate savings account for a house and saved for this in particular and is just something he wants to do.

If you are an enthusiast you would understand and I would say you are, given you are here- if that's the case I'm sure you could contiribute something more helpful, Dad.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #17
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He's probly just trying to say, sometimes theres things that are more important than doing up a car. And with the way things are these days with housing.. however Im sure he's already thought of that.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #18
GreenMachine39

lol this is kinda funny honestly , i jus wanted peoples advice on how i should spend 5 grand ON MY CAR yet ur all talking about houses , if i wanted advice for houses , im pretty sure i wouldnt be posting on fordforums :
Old 12-08-2007, 10:51 PM   #19
EX-Y494

If I had 5K I'll be doing what The Monty said or go for a supercharger.
C2R body kit, 2 1/2 cat back Exhaust, Red Diamond 2800rpm stall converter
BA front brakes, BA air box with pod
http://www.aufalcon.com.au/cgi-bin/i...act=item&i=326
EX-Y494 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #20
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
drug money ...

5grand? u could buy my car lolz :P

umm, glamour: lowering? tint? rims? sound system?

perfomance: S/C and an edit
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 11:56 PM   #21
GreenMachine39

Quote:
Originally Posted by nversace
drug money ...
you can close this thread , people posting rubbish on a thread which was intended to be helpful, ill jus go sort it out myself seeing as though people seem to be more interested in telling me how to spend my money for ex " put a 5k deposit on a house " , or guessing where it came from , glad you could all get your post count up , and thanks for your help monty , 20 posts 1 decent response
Old 13-08-2007, 12:06 AM   #22
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
you can close this thread , people posting rubbish on a thread which was intended to be helpful, ill jus go sort it out myself seeing as though people seem to be more interested in telling me how to spend my money for ex " put a 5k deposit on a house " , or guessing where it came from , glad you could all get your post count up , and thanks for your help monty , 20 posts 1 decent response
A fair reaction I would say- I'm on your side mate, hence my initial post.

Monty was on the money and good luck mate, all the best
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 12:09 AM   #23
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
^^^ this guy has no humour ... can't take abit of a joke buddy?? harden the f@*k up ... on this forum, thread's will go atad off topic, and u will get unwanted advice ... live with it!!!

Edit:
oh and also, did you read the rest of my response? i gave you some advice on what to spend you're money on ... it was advice, does'nt mean you have to do it! but saying i posted rubbish?? when i gave you what u asked for? SOFT
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 13-08-2007, 12:11 AM   #24
b2tf
not here much anymore

never mind the mortgage minders mate, plenty of time for that when youre a bit older.Im 21, I have no intention of buying a house for at least 2yrs and until then I'll spend what I like on the car! :hihi:

If it was my cash.......

Interior bling - why not be comfortable - MOMO gear, a nice audio system (nothing too huge)
Then with the rest - set of rims if you dont have or dont like the ones you have now, even BA 18's look great on AU's and common as now, then with whatever you have left - diff gears, a cam and an edit. If you're keen on FI down the track, spend the cash now to get the car as a perfect base for it.
Old 13-08-2007, 12:14 AM   #25
MRJUCY
Fordless

Do you want to spend the entire $5k on staightline performance or are you interested in putting a bit into getting it handling & stopping better as these mods can make just as much improvement on how enjoyable your car is to drive depending on what you want to do with it.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 12:19 AM   #26
GreenMachine39

Quote:
^^^ this guy has no humour ... can't take abit of a joke buddy?? harden the f@*k up ... on this forum, thread's will go atad off topic, and u will get unwanted advice ... live with it!!!

Edit:
oh and also, did you read the rest of my response? i gave you some advice on what to spend you're money on ... it was advice, does'nt mean you have to do it! but saying i posted rubbish?? when i gave you what u asked for? SOFT
okay we have the internet tough guy , im here for car advice not for a laugh , i got angry how im asking for CAR MODS , and people are telling me to buy a house, and asking me how i got my money.. meh like i said jus close it ive got the info i need
Old 13-08-2007, 12:26 AM   #27
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
okay we have the internet tough guy , im here for car advice not for a laugh , i got angry how im asking for CAR MODS , and people are telling me to buy a house, and asking me how i got my money.. meh like i said jus close it ive got the info i need
drug money ... as in a joke! i wasn't questioning anything!!!

haha internet tuff guy? have u met me? for those people on here that no me, know that im not an "internet tuff guy" ...
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 13-08-2007, 12:27 AM   #28
Tribal
OCD keeps me busy...

Blower - if you sell the car, you can always put the blower on something else. Good investment if you want straight up HP...
Tribal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 09:03 AM   #29
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate, as you said you're 19. So fourced induction wont be the best idea, as you're insurance will be a joke. as I sugested earlier -
Dev4 head
G & D airbox
Edit
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #30
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
SOFT
ahhh my god i dont remmeber posting that

looks like i gots me an imposter lol