Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-07-2019, 08:58 PM   #1
winge1
Starter Motor

Default 2013 SYNC focus maps

My 2013 needs a map update. Ford want $150 to update. Is there a cheaper way to do this?
winge1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2019, 11:06 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2013 SYNC focus maps

Is this vehicle SYNC1 or SYNC2?

SYNC1 SD cards are not updateable but you can purchase from the below link, just check the version number of your SD card as even the newer versions of maps for SYNC1 are quite dated now.

SYNC2 you get free updates with a service at your Ford dealer. You an tell a SYNC2 SD card as it will be white with either K1, K2, K3, K4, or K5 written on it. SYNC1 cards are like an orange/red SD card with a V...… part number on it with AUST & NZ also on it.

https://ford.navshop.com.au/shopdisp...-+2012+onwards

Where are you located? If its a SYNC2 card, may be able to help you get it updated to K5.

SYNC
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2020, 04:11 AM   #3
ausloki
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2013 SYNC focus maps

Thread revival from the crypt, well not that bad.
Anyone have a link for a K5 update so i can fix my missing card issue.

(Grr Children)
ausloki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post