Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 11-01-2024, 12:57 AM   #1
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Default MD TCDI HP oil leak

Ahhhh yes I've got the dreaded HP pump oil leak, I'm looking for a procedure,with tensions ,if anyone has the factory manual/procedure It'd be most appreciated, i also believe that this oil leak can be over come for ever, never to return if the new steel gasket/shim has a smeer of halomar or locktite 515/518 put on it & the Oring fitted with 111 molycote(which I will do when I do mine) .....I'm also looking for a second hand fuel line which goes from the filter head to HP pump(it's the larger one which connects on the R/H/S of the filter head)as the lock is broken on mine(don't care if the line is cracked or broken-just as long as the connector is good-as I believe I may be able to repair my line if I find a good connector) but I'm open to whatever is available before I go buy a new line(as I will replace or repair it when I do the oil leak.
goz007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2024, 09:20 PM   #2
AlanM

Default Re: MD TCDI HP oil leak

For the procedure this guy is very good. Maintains a fleet of taxis, so has probably seen and done just about everything.

https://youtu.be/fXakJ1FNmmM?si=SkxooqzSgVxuYqKW
AlanM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-02-2024, 10:22 PM   #3
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Thanks for the reply, I've have seen/watched quiet a lot of his videos & he is quiet helpful, (although in my profession opinion I don't agree with all that he does & says) but on the whole he is very helpful, I also believe i have a way that will seal the H.P F.P for ever,(I'm a diesel mechanic & previously spent 5yrs building Deutz diesel for Deutz) I'd just like Fords Procedure & Tensions as i only want to do the job once(I'll also make my own utube when I do it) but for me factory bolt tensions & procedures are critical when doing such a job, possibly I may be able to get the procedure from anthor vehicle with the same engine, i also have a contact in service@Ford that i haven't caught up with yet who may be able to help, it's not a critical repair that I need to drop everything to do it(I noticed it when I serviced car recently-it was as Alan has described in his utube clip the gearbox was wet & when u look up u see the run coming down off the HPFP-but it's not leaking on my driveway yet )so I have time to research it & source/collect parts To do it, it's also the fact that I need to repair or replace the fuel line from the filter head to H.P F.P ,but at this stage the only place ive been able to get anything is a complete line(Genuine Ford@$180) if in the end I have to go that way i will,but I think I could repair mine if I can get parts(broken/damaged 2nd hand line or a good 2ndhand line i could just fit, but at this stage can't find 1..... anyway thanks for the reply & any help or ideas to get the procedure(such as a Ford Focus or a Peugeot) or
A 2ndhand fuel line is much appreciated.
Old 13-02-2024, 05:11 PM   #4
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Some really awesome news....I was looking through the tech forums/workshop manuals on our wonderful site & released 01/2024 is the MD Mondeos workshop manual.....aaaahhhh how good is that, mmmm time to really start collecting up all my parts to do a few jobs on the MD.