Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
james22
With da Warlords

Default Xcal 3 Q's

Hi all.

Just a couple of questions about the Xcal 3 and the au.

Firstly, does the data logging work on the AU? I've heard conflicting reports on this.

And secondly, with the xcal 3, can you modify the tune afterwards? (after it leaves the shop/dyno) Spark, fuel, idle etc

Cheers

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

I cant comment on the AU's mate but yes your tuner CAN leave some parameters open for you to adjust ..Diff ratio/tyre size/fan speed/trans shift/idle rpm's/ etc...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
james22
With da Warlords

Yeah not so worried about that stuff, but I wouldn't mind being able to adjust the tune itself (timing, fuel, rev limit etc) Between datalogging, borrowing a dyno & wideband 02 sensor, I'd like to be able to fine tune parameters myself

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 04-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

The adjustments if left available will not be something that will enable you to make fine accurate adjustments i.e spark will be able to be adjusted on an AU as global spark, so you can add or subtract some spark, but you will not be able to target individual rpm or laod points.
Fuel adjustment is for WOT at all rpm
Idle speed can be adjusted

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
james22
With da Warlords

Cheers, and does anybody know about the datalogging side of it? Have heard the some au's are a bit problematic in this regard

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 10-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 
Default Re: Xcal 3 Q's

had any luck yet james?
Old 10-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james22
Cheers, and does anybody know about the datalogging side of it? Have heard the some au's are a bit problematic in this regard
I cant get mine to Datalog any more than a minute, but when the car was last tuned Simon was able to data log a few runs with no problems at all. He was saying most AU's wont allow data logging............I called Herrods a while back in regards to this issue and basically got blown of with them saying its a AU thing.............Cant help but feeling a little ripped!!!!!!
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
sly
Sly like a G6

Mention AU to Herrods & they can't get off the phone quick enough.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #9
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
Mention AU to Herrods & they can't get off the phone quick enough.
Yes, the only way they would get of the phone quicker would be if i asked for a couple of hundred bucks back for a feature (Datalogging)they promote but don't deliver.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2011, 03:16 AM   #10
old fordnut
too many fords

why not use a sniper tune?

Daily driver 2: Nissan gq patrol

Project 1: XP ute, 351W, c4, 9inch

Project 2: XBGS sedan, sunburnt orange and vinyl, original 4spd, 302C.
old fordnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post