Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-10-2021, 07:31 PM   #1
Loukie
Starter Motor

Default 2001 Ford Falcon AUIII

Hello all,

If I was to change my head gasket how would I do so? Also my tail light keeps going out I've replaced the bulbs multiple times and noticed they are burning out pretty quick?
Loukie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2021, 11:02 PM   #2
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: 2001 Ford Falcon AUIII

Hi,

Re head gasket replacement - Why? If anything wrong with the engine, it is unlikely a head gasket issue. It will be cheaper to get a replacement engine from wreckers.

taillights - they are duel filament globes. Are both - brake and parkers - burning out, on both sides or one side? loose connections, corroded grounds, damaged wiring - many possibilities - or over charging due to alternator issues. More info required.

Regards,
George V
George V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 06:32 AM   #3
sgj66

If you have a leaking head gasket there would be a bigger problem behind it eg warped head, corrosion these motors go forever so they are plentiful from the wreckers
Check the fuses for your tailights it should be 15 amp any higher it will blow bulbs, just a place to start
sgj66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 10:11 AM   #4
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

also are you putting the correct globe in correctly?
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2021, 02:39 PM   #5
Loukie
Starter Motor

Hi,
The tail light issue is only on one side (drivers side) when I brake I lose all lights completely, also I just assumed a head gasket issue due to all the oil residue under the engine itself up the front near the belts?
Old 13-10-2021, 02:40 PM   #6
Loukie
Starter Motor

Hello again,

Yes am inserting the bulbs correctly I'm thinking maybe the fuses?
Old 13-10-2021, 04:55 PM   #7
sgj66

The oil at the front could be many things start at the top cover the alternator with plastic bag (keep it as dry as possible) spray degreaser on front of motor let soak wash off this is so you can find out where oils coming from start at the top tappet cover gaskets leak so start with that one
The bulbs are blowing when you put your foot on the brakes so it's getting a surge from somewhere that's a bit harder to find I would check all the earthing points connected to the brakes to start with ( just follow the wires back from where you put the bulbs in ) as that may fix the drivers side not working see where you are after that
sgj66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post