Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-11-2023, 02:36 PM   #211
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Great Wall Motors. Any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
Up till the mid 200's I think Chopped and one would presume the automotive industry would have procedures in place to handle asbestos components anyway?

If memory serves, an independent study was conducted and they found there wasn't much risk to mechanics and GW stopped importing asbestos gasket and offered free replacement.

I thought the petrol engines where actually made by Mitsubishi still? the diesel is their own.

X200 is an Isuzu Rodeo
X240 uses a Toyota 4runner chassis, not sure about the body though?

Some interesting ANCAP results -

http://www.howsafeisyourcar.com.au/2...L-4cyl-Petrol/
http://www.howsafeisyourcar.com.au/2...-4cyl-TDiesel/
I think that the petrol Mitsubishi engine is made in China tho.
My brother had the first diesel one from new that was a Isuzu Rodeo takeoff ? i liked it better to drive than the Isuzu in fact bar from turbo lag on take off, but this 4x4 did not age well at all and brother was enraged with troubles and would not go back to the dealer in the end for he was fearing he was going to punch out someone, for they did not have all spare parts on hand, they had to come in from China ! one was a starter motor, so he got that re done himself.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post