Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-08-2014, 11:44 PM   #61
Brent Hall

Default Re: Calypso Green XA Falcon GT HO Phase 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIONIC MAN View Post
feel a bit sorry for you Brent, you picked a pretty tough section of the forum to make your first few posts, but you have made a few pretty big claims!

Maybe enjoy some other areas of ford forums first, then come back here, it is the pub after all...
The Truth is the truth... He paid $5700 from a dealer on Parramatta Rd.
Google Harley Cres Condell Park see the straight as I said we hit the kerb when he realised it wasn't as long as I told him. We hit the kerb on the right just as the road swung to the left. I sat behind the driver Sharon in the middle and Trevor on her left. The rubber left on the road from the tyres was about every fifty feet. And yes the back lit up as he changed gears..
Brent Hall is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2014, 11:51 PM   #62
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well going by Google maps the longest point from Allingham St to the bend is just over 400m, so that's taking off, getting to 130mph (220km/h) and braking before wiping out on the bend, pretty good effort to do a quarter mile on a street not a strip with road tyres, and is that with 5 people in the car?
Like I said, good effort if that's what happened so you can understand why some might be a bit sceptical.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #63
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I`m having fun watching his post count increase
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2014, 12:08 AM   #64
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry, I should add, I have recently driven a genuine XA RPO with the original engine rebuilt, the correct 780 Holley etc and there's no way that old girl could get to 220 in 400 metres, does go like the proverbial though, pulls hard in 2nd.
Old 14-08-2014, 12:10 AM   #65
Brent Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Well going by Google maps the longest point from Allingham St to the bend is just over 400m, so that's taking off, getting to 130mph (220km/h) and braking before wiping out on the bend, pretty good effort to do a quarter mile on a street not a strip with road tyres, and is that with 5 people in the car?
Like I said, good effort if that's what happened so you can understand why some might be a bit sceptical.
I listed what happened why would I pick Harley cr, and make up we hit the kerb. To prove WHAT. As I said I told him it was a Quarter mile.. That was always around hence why we Hit the Kerb My maths was out. 400 mt = quarter mile.. I forgot the Braking area hence hit he kerb and air borne. Sorry you don't believe me. But I left the brown skid marks on the white back seat.

Last edited by Brent Hall; 14-08-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Old 14-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #66
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2014, 03:16 AM   #67
Phyber
BF= Backend's Farked

Maybe the speedo was out?

-------------------------------------------
BFII XR6T - ZF box
Racewars 2017 result - 800m @ 229km/h - 1000m @ 241km/h
PB: 317rwkw - 11.94 @ 120mph - 2.093 60'
PB: Stock/208rwkw - 13.594 @ 105mph - 2.297 60'
-------------------------------------------
Phyber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #68
BDA074

Too much detail to be made up...
It was 40 years ago, car would have been in Km's though so 130km?
Old 14-08-2014, 09:43 AM   #69
fordboi

So Shazza was driving and Trev was the passenger ?
fordboi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #70
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordboi View Post
So Shazza was driving and Trev was the passenger ?
No Shazza and Trev were in the back with a bottle of Mateus Rosé.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #71
fordboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Wallace View Post
No Shazza and Trev were in the back with a bottle of Mateus Rosé.
Oops... my bad !!
fordboi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #72
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hall View Post
The XA 1972 XA Falcon GT-HO Phase IV. I MENTIONED AS THE CAR I WAS IN. How would you know Harley Cres.
How would I know it?? I worked there for just under 5 years, so I know it quite well, probably a lot better than you

And on top of that a Phase 4 GTHO, is still way slower than my daily driver at the time when I worked there, and there is no way any street car will hit 130mph (210km/hr) in Harley Crescent, there is just not enough road there to do it.

Basic calculations will tell you that if the car was capable of a high 13 pass down the 1/4 (which it would not especially with 5 people in the car as you claim) it would hit may be 100mph after 400 meters, it would probably need another 100-150 meters at least to reach 130mph, so now you are travelling at 130mph with five people in the car and brakes capable of nothing and you are at a 90 degree left corner in the road, since the longest straight on Harley crescent is about 500 meters or probably just under

And if there was flames coming out of the exhaust you were definitely on something.

You do realise that a phase 4 engine is just a standard GT motor with a 780 Holley and a few tweaks, it's not a top fuel dragster. And if you know anything about Fords at all you would know that there are no GT Ute, van, wagon etc, just sedans and coupes, even my 8 year old know that.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 14-08-2014 at 12:34 PM.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #73
Brent Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA074 View Post
Too much detail to be made up...
It was 40 years ago, car would have been in Km's though so 130km?
Thank you Michael the owner when I asked said 130 Yes maybe km I was 17 Yes that is all true Michael Spiteri owned it Alex was his brother in the passangers seat..I sat behind the driver MICHEAL.. Sharon in middle Trevor behind Alex..The straight is about 400 mt.It was our fault for not driving down first and looking. Instead of just dragging. In 74 there where only about two factories in the Cres..The next dat I took some friends and showed them the Tyre marks where in on the gear changing Road. I am told he still owns the car...He lived near Botany Bay Dolls Point. I WAS THERE AND IN THE BACK.
TY
Old 14-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #74
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

seriously
take a breathe
maybe hit the full stop and enter button a few times
then have a think about what youre saying and you might realise why you just got hammered by posters
a.130mph with 5 people in a heavy old xa within 400meters, including breaking???
b.a GT HO ute??

a.impossible
b.do not exist
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #75
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

interesting roy hasn't piped up here anywhere?!
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-08-2014, 06:28 PM   #76
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesgift View Post
interesting roy hasn't piped up here anywhere?!
Maybe he has
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 14-08-2014, 09:13 PM   #77
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-GTS View Post
Maybe he has
So now you have everyone backtracking throughthe old posts trying to figure out who it is.
Old 14-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #78
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thank you Michael the owner when I asked said 130 Yes maybe km I was 17 Yes that is all true Michael Spiteri owned it Alex was his brother in the passangers seat..I sat behind the driver MICHEAL.. Sharon in middle Trevor behind Alex..The straight is about 400 mt.It was our fault for not driving down first and looking. Instead of just dragging. In 74 there where only about two factories in the Cres..The next dat I took some friends and showed them the Tyre marks where in on the gear changing Road. I am told he still owns the car...He lived near Botany Bay Dolls Point. I WAS THERE AND IN THE BACK.
TY
Thanks Brent, 130 kays is a lot more like it and cudos to you for hanging in there and getting flamed and having the kahoonas to come back and admit your mate was probably fudging the 130Mph bit. I don't think anyone doubts that you were there etc and where it was, it's just the 130 bit that was hard to swallow.
Old 14-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #79
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hall
TY
Hang on a minute!! You can't get out of it that easy.

The XA speedo was in mph.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #80
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The Truth is the truth... He paid $5700 from a dealer on Parramatta Rd.
Google Harley Cres Condell Park see the straight as I said we hit the kerb when he realised it wasn't as long as I told him. We hit the kerb on the right just as the road swung to the left. I sat behind the driver Sharon in the middle and Trevor on her left. The rubber left on the road from the tyres was about every fifty feet. And yes the back lit up as he changed gears..

Are you sure the year 1974 is correct?.......original owner still had it then didn't he?........I can not imagine the Phase 4 road car with its close ratio box and 3.0 diff accelerating any quicker than a standard XA GT

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2014, 06:11 PM   #81
Brent Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post
Are you sure the year 1974 is correct?.......original owner still had it then didn't he?........I can not imagine the Phase 4 road car with its close ratio box and 3.0 diff accelerating any quicker than a standard XA GT

Cheers Mick
Hi I'm going back 40 years.. The GTHO IV Was the same as the race cars, I have spoken to Bowdens for help. Yes the year maybe wrong.The friends I knew was when I owned my first Car a Kombi. As far as the ute goes Yes I was wrong but it was only when you guys told me after all these years I found out they never did a GT UTE. The driver said 130. I haven't seen these people for 35 years. So Im trying to get info From Bowdens QLD. TY The Phase IV was to have had 340bhp (255kW) and around 400 ft/lbs of torque. The XA GT Specs 300bhp 380 ft/lbs...These figures are of the web.

Last edited by Brent Hall; 16-08-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 16-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #82
Brent Hall

Hi Ford fans I have contacted Roy Velardi To can some info on the XA GTHO PHASE IV.
Iam hoping Roy has the info from the Owner in abt 1974 When it was still Calypso Green..So please give me time as it was forty years ago Thank you. and I can clear things up..
Old 17-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #83
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

brent. no disrespect but when commenting on any gtho you should really be a lot clearer on FACTS and if these people are friends of yours from way back an effort to make contact with them to make muddy waters clearer is in the best interests of everyone especially with something as special as the phase 4. the owner of this car is an extremely nice person who likes to remain private and I believe does frequent this forum. if you have such facts HE is the one who should know not Roy Velardi imho. what is roy going to do with the info he doesn't own the car? just post the facts you have the owner will end up finding out
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #84
Brent Hall

Smile Re: Calypso Green XA Falcon GT HO Phase 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesgift View Post
brent. no disrespect but when commenting on any gtho you should really be a lot clearer on FACTS and if these people are friends of yours from way back an effort to make contact with them to make muddy waters clearer is in the best interests of everyone especially with something as special as the phase 4. the owner of this car is an extremely nice person who likes to remain private and I believe does frequent this forum. if you have such facts HE is the one who should know not Roy Velardi imho. what is roy going to do with the info he doesn't own the car? just post the facts you have the owner will end up finding out
See If you are a ford owner Street Ford Magazine Editor is Roy is that correct, and I have tried to find my old friends, That's why I'm on this site. Roy did a full 100 page story on the GTHO IV..And states he knows all the owner and has spoken to them. I wish to find out the name of the owner in 1974 not 2014..So thank you and leave it OK. I was in the car not YOU. THIS IS FROM STREET FORD SO IF IM GOING TO FIND WHAT"""IM LOOKING"

Street Fords presents Australias rarest muscle car, the Ford Falcon XA GT-HO Phase IV.

All of the history including owner interviews, the full restoration, engine dyno comparisons and finally the completed car in all its glory.

Over 100 photos and 35 pages of exclusive content preserved digitally, plus 6 high-res images of the car for use as a desktop background.

It doesnt get any better than this for true blue Ford fans and Aussie muscle car lovers.

Last edited by Brent Hall; 17-08-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 17-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #85
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
See If you are a ford owner Street Ford Magazine Editor is Roy is that correct, and I have tried to find my old friends, That's why I'm on this site. Roy did a full 100 page story on the GTHO IV..And states he knows all the owner and has spoken to them. I wish to find out the name of the owner in 1974 not 2014..So thank you and leave it OK. I was in the car not YOU. THIS IS FROM STREET FORD SO IF IM GOING TO FIND WHAT"""IM LOOKING"

Street Fords presents Australias rarest muscle car, the Ford Falcon XA GT-HO Phase IV.

All of the history including owner interviews, the full restoration, engine dyno comparisons and finally the completed car in all its glory.

Over 100 photos and 35 pages of exclusive content preserved digitally, plus 6 high-res images of the car for use as a desktop background.

It doesnt get any better than this for true blue Ford fans and Aussie muscle car lovers.

Is that you Roy?

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2014, 01:25 PM   #86
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

There is a million page thread on here somewhere, probably in the archives too

Roy gave us some great insight into the car but unfortunately he also copped a fair bit of crap over it, tall poppy syndrome and all that.

The magazine articles were thorough and im happy to accept as fact unless something concrete proves otherwise.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #87
Brent Hall

Smile Re: Calypso Green XA Falcon GT HO Phase 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
There is a million page thread on here somewhere, probably in the archives too

Roy gave us some great insight into the car but unfortunately he also copped a fair bit of crap over it, tall poppy syndrome and all that.

The magazine articles were thorough and im happy to accept as fact unless something concrete proves otherwise.
Thank you I came on her to share a story that happened to me..I never knew what happened to the GTHO IV after that day...I never knew it had been repainted. I thought Alex's brother kept it. Seems not..Maybe he bought it back after all the years I don't know. I do remember he lived near Botany Bay over looking the bay. As the car had a few owners there are many stories, mine was just one. That's all I was doing sharing a story. I just bought the Magazine of EBAY. Thank you
Old 17-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #88
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Wow man, you rode in the back your famous. ppfftttt big deal
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #89
OCTANEBOSS

Quote:
I came on her to.....
This car has really left an impression on you Brent.... sorry mate, the typo made me smile
OCTANEBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #90
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought the first issue was quite clear on the owners, working off memory and not sure of the dates.

Original owner, who had it painted zircon with silver "black-outs"
2nd owner the car yard guy, car still zircon green
3rd owner the Tradie (brickie or chippy), car still zircon green
4th owner the car yard again, the car still zircon green
5th the current owner - car still zircon green, then restored back to Calypso.

Given the above you where in the car with either the tradie or the current owner BUT both times the car was zircon Green with silver bonnet when they picked up the car from the dealer, not Calypso Green.

You say you were in a calypso XA GTHO.....not posible

Back in 1974 I'm sure plenty of cars were called GTHOs instead of GTs, even blue XY utes were referred to as GTHOs.

My guess your mate may have bought a calypso green XA, maybe even a GT, and you were young and impressionable kid owning a Kombi, the XA probably felt like a rocket ship, shooting flames from the exhaust.

An impressionable mind, 40 years ago and fading memories......nothing more than that. My guess is you were in a completely different car.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: