Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #31
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 
Default Re: FGX XR6 Vs VF SV6 and the winner is ????

The options are quite good when one opens both eyes.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #32
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Got my eyes open wide. But I can't see a V8 or turbo

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #33
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
Got my eyes open wide. But I can't see a V8 or turbo

If you didn't buy new there was always the Turbo Territory.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2014, 03:26 AM   #34
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6LTD351 View Post
If you didn't buy new there was always the Turbo Territory.
Not to mention the FORD mondeo wagon has more room in the back then the Holden wagon.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2018, 09:08 PM   #35
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Hey I recently traded in my FG mk2 for a VF SV6 Sportwagon and I love my FG but the Vf does everything the FG does but much much better! It a lot bigger, better built, much more modern and its leaps and bounds ahead in terms of tech! It corners much better and at the same time soaks up the bumps much better! Didn’t realise how crap the FG suspension was until I threw my VF into a corner! Part from the FGX digital radio the FGX is still so 2008! But I still love my FG’s just hate the FGX! I drove an FGX and I hated it, don’t know why but my mk2 felt so much tighter and gutsy but I seriously don’t know why people would get an FGX over an VF!
-Prins VSI2 Vapor Injected LPG

Previous:
2007 Ford BF MK2 Futura Kashmir (RIP)
1988 Toyota Corolla AE82 CS Hatch White
williamisenuf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2018, 11:16 PM   #36
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamisenuf View Post
Hey I recently traded in my FG mk2 for a VF SV6 Sportwagon and I love my FG but the Vf does everything the FG does but much much better! It a lot bigger, better built, much more modern and its leaps and bounds ahead in terms of tech! It corners much better and at the same time soaks up the bumps much better! Didn’t realise how crap the FG suspension was until I threw my VF into a corner! Part from the FGX digital radio the FGX is still so 2008! But I still love my FG’s just hate the FGX! I drove an FGX and I hated it, don’t know why but my mk2 felt so much tighter and gutsy but I seriously don’t know why people would get an FGX over an VF!
Hate to say it, but same thoughts. When the rental companies stopped renting out Falcons, and I couldnt bring myself to drive a toyota camry, had no choice but to begrudgingly step into a VF2. Holden did win the final fight, I guess the cash injection from GM for the export program did really show. Its a completely different animal from the lousy billion-dollar mistake VE. Steers and drives tightly, can cop a real caning and remain composed, the transmission is as good as a ZF, and the electronic gadgetry, instrumentation and interior design are a whole generation ahead of FG. The keyless start and entry are noticeably absent from the FG, even at the top of the range..
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2018, 11:23 PM   #37
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Hate to say it, but same thoughts. When the rental companies stopped renting out Falcons, and I couldnt bring myself to drive a toyota camry, had no choice but to begrudgingly step into a VF2. Holden did win the final fight, I guess the cash injection from GM for the export program did really show. Its a completely different animal from the lousy billion-dollar mistake VE. Steers and drives tightly, can cop a real caning and remain composed, the transmission is as good as a ZF, and the electronic gadgetry, instrumentation and interior design are a whole generation ahead of FG. The keyless start and entry are noticeably absent from the FG, even at the top of the range..
Yeah I hated the VE, I would go FG anyway of the week over a VE! The VE looked nice but was horrible to drive, was very tinny, noisy and gutless.

Previous:
Old 25-01-2018, 10:10 AM   #38
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

holden came along way with the VE to VF, the VE is a horrible car and the VF is beautiful
ford didn't really come that far with the FG's, they knew it was the end of the line and accepted it
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2018, 10:27 AM   #39
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never yet traveled in a VF , not that I don't want to but just not yet had the opportunity. I have traveled in a later VE several times in a friend's one. It's alright but in comparison to my FG XR6 it's nothing special at all for a variety of reasons. By all accounts though the VF is a pretty nice piece of kit and if I get the chance to travel in one it'd be great to see.
Most likely I'd never own one because right or wrong I've got too much blue blood pumping through the veins to desire a transfusion to red.
Maybe I'm a bit too brand loyal or too stupid to try something else. If it was to happen it'd have to be the V8 , certainly not the six .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2018, 05:56 PM   #40
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Having driven a few SV6's (VE, VE2, VF, VF2), am I the only then that absolutely hates them? Give me an FGX XR6 over a VF SV6 any day!
- Horrible drivers seat, doesn't tilt forwards and back, only goes up and down
- A-pillar that's just as bad as the day the VE was released
- Entertainment system that is a pain in the behind to use, sometimes doesn't switch on, sometimes freezes. A nav that is so cumbersome. Voice commands that just don't work
- Steering that is quite numb off centre
- A Fly-by-wire throttle that has about half a second lag
- A digital speedo and instantaneous fuel readout that refreshes every second or two, making them pretty useless (Ford's refresh every 0.5 seconds)
- A low fuel indicator that covers up what range you have left
- Crappy headlights
- Climate Control that goes up in 1.0 degree increments, not 0.5 degrees - maybe I'm spoilt, but sometimes it's that 0.5 degrees that brings you into the comfortable zone (22.5 for me)
- Side mirrors that are smaller than the Ford's
- Squishy brakes
- A V6 that sounds worse than a Dyson V6 (and has less torque in the low end too I bet)
- An engine that can't make it's 15,000km service interval without running dry on oil (happened twice to work colleagues)
- Batteries that don't fully charge so the car conserves fuel, and leaves you stuck when least expect it
- Horrible radio reception overall (and no DAB)
- Chrome and gloss black everywhere!
- Just being in something that says "Hey look at me bogans, I'm in a bogandore, isn't it fully sick"
MY18 Black WRX STi Spec-R
Previous:
'16 White FGX XR8
'09 Black FG FPV GT 5th Anniversary
'04 Blueprint BA XR8
'97 Mocha Foam EL Fairmont

Last edited by M&Ms; 25-01-2018 at 06:02 PM.
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2018, 06:12 PM   #41
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That A pillar is a serious problem that never gets mentioned.
Seating positions are far more important it seems.

I found the A pillar problem by nearly being killed.
As far as I was concerned there wasn't a car 20 feet away.

Bloody dangerous and should never have been signed off on.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2018, 06:23 PM   #42
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Haha the A Pillars didn’t really bug me because the FG ones aren’t much smaller, the Barra i6 idles rough, steering squeals on the belt on hot days in a full lock, constant rust issues, very cheap plastic dash, horrible seats that creek and crack at the welds, diff bush issues, I believe the VF has much better headlights imo, the Ford flip keys fall apart very Quickly, brake shudder, balljoint issues, ICC problems, diffs blowing with very low Kms! And the suspension on the falcons is ****house (hard and stiff but corners like a boat) Seriously after owning a BF and an FG and driving an FGX I feel like I made the best desision buying a VF! You can’t compare quality between the two cars! I have had my VF for 4 months and haven’t had 1 single problem! Love driving it everyday and I don’t miss my FG at all! The LFX engine sounds way better than an I6 much beefier, and I don’t need big mirrors when I have blind spot monitoring! And I heard that the Falcons have terribly slow problematic GPS systems too! Don’t know what you mean my the Speedo being slow coz mines fine! The only thing going for an Falcon is the good engine and design, sorry but the car is a tin can on wheels with outdated tech! Apart front who DAB of course! Plus when I had people in the FG you could feel the weight and the car felt gutless but in the VF for some reason you can’t tell the difference!

Previous:

Last edited by williamisenuf; 25-01-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Old 25-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #43
williamisenuf
Love my FG

In the Falcons the FG mk2 was the best one out of the pick! Had the better design than the all over the place FGX design but had better tech than the mk1! The woman at the car dealer which was a Kia dealership where I bought my VF, I was actually looking at an FGX but she said why would you want that Ford? It’s boring try the VF and I was like hell no I like fords! Well let’s just say the VF won me over by a mile! The FGX was **** and felt really outdated, old and only had 10,000kms on it, was a 2016 model and it felt 8 years old! Don’t know why people compare the FGX to other FGs coz it’s all the same!

Previous:
Old 25-01-2018, 07:08 PM   #44
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Haha the A Pillars didn’t really bug me because the FG ones aren’t much smaller, the Barra i6 idles rough, steering squeals on the belt on hot days in a full lock, constant rust issues, very cheap plastic dash, horrible seats that creek and crack at the welds, diff bush issues, I believe the VF has much better headlights imo, the Ford flip keys fall apart very Quickly, brake shudder, balljoint issues, ICC problems, diffs blowing with very low Kms! And the suspension on the falcons is ****house (hard and stiff but corners like a boat) Seriously after owning a BF and an FG and driving an FGX I feel like I made the best desision buying a VF! You can’t compare quality between the two cars! I have had my VF for 4 months and haven’t had 1 single problem! Love driving it everyday and I don’t miss my FG at all! The LFX engine sounds way better than an I6 much beefier, and I don’t need big mirrors when I have blind spot monitoring! And I heard that the Falcons have terribly slow problematic GPS systems too! Don’t know what you mean my the Speedo being slow coz mines fine! The only thing going for an Falcon is the good engine and design, sorry but the car is a tin can on wheels with outdated tech! Apart front who DAB of course! Plus when I had people in the FG you could feel the weight and the car felt gutless but in the VF for some reason you can’t tell the difference!
New cars are a blast.

It's great you like it.

XC Cobra #181.
Old 25-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #45
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
New cars are a blast.

It's great you like it.
Cheers man yeah I love it! I am still a Ford dude though! 😜👍

Previous:
Old 26-01-2018, 11:22 AM   #46
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
but I seriously don’t know why people would get an FGX over an VF!
Well the turbo motor for one. Or the scv8.
For me the outside of the vf looks like a be left in the oven to long.
Then the inside seems more suited to a 7yo.
Old 26-01-2018, 11:35 AM   #47
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
Well the turbo motor for one. Or the scv8.
For me the outside of the vf looks like a be left in the oven to long.
Then the inside seems more suited to a 7yo.
Really I would have an LSA over any Ford engine, the Turbo is good but god why do they sweat and leak so much oil? and I think there is more to a car than just an engine and unfortunately thats the only thing going for the Ford. I do prefer the look of the FG mk2 front facia than my VF, the VF is more grown up. Why does the inside seem better suited to a 7yo?? doesn't make sense!!! The inside is better suited to a BMW or Mercedes Driver because its sooo nice!

Previous:
Old 26-01-2018, 12:07 PM   #48
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Really I would have an LSA over any Ford engine, the Turbo is good but god why do they sweat and leak so much oil? and I think there is more to a car than just an engine and unfortunately thats the only thing going for the Ford. I do prefer the look of the FG mk2 front facia than my VF, the VF is more grown up. Why does the inside seem better suited to a 7yo?? doesn't make sense!!! The inside is better suited to a BMW or Mercedes Driver because its sooo nice!
I purchased my fg turbo ute purely because of the turbo 6. Its almost 7 years old and since I've had it it hasn't dropped a drop of fluid.
I agree there isn't much tech in it but I couldn't give a hoot, I love it. It's big, boofy and a hand full sometimes. I do like the VF though but the crappy V6 you can keep.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2018, 12:19 PM   #49
Qwerty321
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Honestly, whichever one I could get cheaper with top line options. The FGX looks too much like a rip off Aston and the VF Commodore just looks slightly wrong, as if the designers were trying to make European luxury with a mix of American/australian muscle and they've ever so slightly just missed the ball. That said the VF looks good in its top end SSV gear.

Interior wise Commodore feels like a big snug blanket that's comforting and soft but it also feels slightly cramped and the FGX feels a lot airier which is nice. The Commodore definitely got better quality interior materials though.

Ultimately it's a tie up. Drivetrain preference wise I'd go for an XR6 over an SV6, a SS over an XR8 and a XR6T over them all. But realistically they're so damn similar whichever one offered me the best sales deal would win. But that said if I was sinking 10s of thousands into a brand new car I'd almost definitely be buying something more efficient, more practical, preferably a wagon and likely Japanese.

"If in doubt, flat out" - Colin McRae
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you"
"Cheap, fast and reliable. Pick Two"

Qwerty321 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #50
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
I purchased my fg turbo ute purely because of the turbo 6. Its almost 7 years old and since I've had it it hasn't dropped a drop of fluid.
I agree there isn't much tech in it but I couldn't give a hoot, I love it. It's big, boofy and a hand full sometimes. I do like the VF though but the crappy V6 you can keep.
The V6 is better than the NA i6 more power, better fuel economy, can run e85 and idles way smoother, I know I have owned 2 Barra i6's and on hot sunny days they idle like their trying to self destruct! I am not bagging the Turbo i6 because they are fun to drive and you cant compare a V6 NA to a i6 Turbo! Compared to the i6 the V6 is much more modern with Direct Injection. The i6 unfortunately is running on ancient engine tech. I am talking about the NA i6, the Turbo i6 is a good engine but is in no way 100% reliable. The older VE and older V6's were crap as hell but the new VF LFX 210kw V6's are really awesome engines cant fault it at all!

Previous:

Last edited by williamisenuf; 26-01-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 26-01-2018, 12:23 PM   #51
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty321 View Post
Honestly, whichever one I could get cheaper with top line options. The FGX looks too much like a rip off Aston and the VF Commodore just looks slightly wrong, as if the designers were trying to make European luxury with a mix of American/australian muscle and they've ever so slightly just missed the ball. That said the VF looks good in its top end SSV gear.

Interior wise Commodore feels like a big snug blanket that's comforting and soft but it also feels slightly cramped and the FGX feels a lot airier which is nice. The Commodore definitely got better quality interior materials though.

Ultimately it's a tie up. Drivetrain preference wise I'd go for an XR6 over an SV6, a SS over an XR8 and a XR6T over them all. But realistically they're so damn similar whichever one offered me the best sales deal would win. But that said if I was sinking 10s of thousands into a brand new car I'd almost definitely be buying something more efficient, more practical, preferably a wagon and likely Japanese.
Yeah i got the Sportwagon and love it, so much roomier, to be honest I don't like the VF Sedan anywhere as much as I like the sport wagon!

Previous:
Old 26-01-2018, 01:14 PM   #52
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Yeah i got the Sportwagon and love it, so much roomier, to be honest I don't like the VF Sedan anywhere as much as I like the sport wagon!
that's why I bought a ute..
only me and the misses.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #53
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
that's why I bought a ute..
only me and the misses.
haha yeah I love the ute and its only me but I like to have 5 seats just in case I need to drive people which I do alot!

Previous:
Old 26-01-2018, 01:40 PM   #54
Qwerty321
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The V6 is better than the NA i6 more power, better fuel economy, can run e85 and idles way smoother, I know I have owned 2 Barra i6's and on hot sunny days they idle like their trying to self destruct! I am not bagging the Turbo i6 because they are fun to drive and you cant compare a V6 NA to a i6 Turbo! Compared to the i6 the V6 is much more modern with Direct Injection. The i6 unfortunately is running on ancient engine tech. I am talking about the NA i6, the Turbo i6 is a good engine but is in no way 100% reliable. The older VE and older V6's were crap as hell but the new VF LFX 210kw V6's are really awesome engines cant fault it at all!
There's no big surprise there. The Barra engine family was written off and Ford knew it. The one ford policy meant the engine and platform was going to be killed off anyway so there was no point flogging a dying horse. Only makes sense that ford effectively gave up on the falcon as a large seller and stopped investing in it.

"If in doubt, flat out" - Colin McRae
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you"
"Cheap, fast and reliable. Pick Two"

Qwerty321 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2018, 01:42 PM   #55
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
There's no big surprise there. The Barra engine family was written off and Ford knew it. The one ford policy meant the engine and platform was going to be killed off anyway so there was no point flogging a dying horse. Only makes sense that ford effectively gave up on the falcon as a large seller and stopped investing in it.
Yeah the LFX engine was designed for Global GM vehicles but the Holden Commodore V6's were built in Australia! The new Commodore from Opel is a piece of crap, why didn't we just have it as a Holden Insignia, why call it a commodore? Because its a completely different car! The interior is a huge step backwards from the VF thats for sure!

Previous:
Old 26-01-2018, 01:47 PM   #56
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
and that's it in a nutshell, Australia is so fragmented no marque gets a foot hold..

so not really worth investing in, with no real return on investment..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2018, 01:50 PM   #57
Trump
bitch lasagne

The VF in V8 guise is a very decent beast. The six on the other hand... how can such a modern engine be so utterly bad. I have never driven one that hasn't been dreadfully noisy or woefully lacking anywhere in the rev range with an auto that has no idea what gear it should be in.

The V6 ruins a very competent chassis and ruins the driving experience.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2018, 01:56 PM   #58
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
The VF in V8 guise is a very decent beast. The six on the other hand... how can such a modern engine be so utterly bad. I have never driven one that hasn't been dreadfully noisy or woefully lacking anywhere in the rev range with an auto that has no idea what gear it should be in.

The V6 ruins a very competent chassis and ruins the driving experience.
I don't think you have driven a VF, Sounds like you drove a LE0 VE ****box which makes sense on the way you are describing it. My VF LFX V6 is quieter than my old Barra i6 and has much more power, I know because I raced my cousin who bought my old FG with the ZF and I smashed him several times! If the V6 is so bad why would have I bought it after having 2 Barra i6 Falcons? My uncle who use to work at Ford building the Barra's says that the V6 in the VF is a much superior engine to the Falcons Barra! The 6L45 transmission drives just as well as the ZF and much more responsive in Manual mode! So don't knock it until you actually drive an LFX engine. If u did drive a VF I bet it was an Evoke with the smaller 3.0ltr engine not the SV6 3.6 LFX. Yes the V8 has more power and is more fun but their ain't nothing wrong with 210kw's! Definitely wouldn't call 210kw's slow and boring! Found out the other day my SV6 has an LSD was pretty impressed that they chuck that in standard!

Previous:

Last edited by williamisenuf; 26-01-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 26-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #59
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Um it's nice you got a new car but it might be time to settle a bit.
You realise a straight 6 has the best natural balance of all motors don't you? There is a very good reason large capacity truck motors are straight 6 cylinders. Most if not all the high-end euros run straight 6s.
It is impossible for a v6 to have a smoother idle sorry to say.
350 vs 391nm and it's not the falcon that is behind here.
Your direct injection will cause you valve problems down the track. There is a reason the 2018 coyote has kept port injection while adding direct injection.
I'm intrigued, what is ancient about the barra?

Turbos aren't reliable? Says who -you?

As for lsa vs Miami.
Only one is hand made.
Only one is quad cam
Only one is designed here
Only one produces 100hp/litre
Only one is push rod
Only one can't meet it's advertised output
The other one comes from Mexico.

You can criticise Ford for not having self parking and electric hand brakes.
You can't criticise their engines. You will lose every time.

XC Cobra #181.
5 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2018, 02:18 PM   #60
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
Um it's nice you got a new car but it might be time to settle a bit.
You realise a straight 6 has the best natural balance of all motors don't you? There is a very good reason large capacity truck motors are straight 6 cylinders. Most if not all the high-end euros run straight 6s.
It is impossible for a v6 to have a smoother idle sorry to say.
350 vs 391nm and it's not the falcon that is behind here.
Your direct injection will cause you valve problems down the track. There is a reason the 2018 coyote has kept port injection while adding direct injection.
I'm intrigued, what is ancient about the barra?

Turbos aren't reliable? Says who -you?

As for lsa vs Miami.
Only one is hand made.
Only one is quad cam
Only one is designed here
Only one produces 100hp/litre
Only one is push rod
Only one can't meet it's advertised output
The other one comes from Mexico.

You can criticise Ford for not having self parking and electric hand brakes.
You can't criticise their engines. You will lose every time.
Dude I have had 2 Barra Falcons for over 5 years and they idle like a pig! You guys are comparing both cars but never actually owned both! I have!
If you sit at the lights for more than 30 seconds the engine feels like a tractor, yes i6 engines should run smoother but in this case they just don't! The Barra engine is outdated by 20 years! Japanese cars have had the same technology Decades ago! Good thing Ford brought out the Ecoboost and I can recall them saying the Ecoboost falcon is much better than the Big i6? Doesn't the Ecoboost have direct injection? And i would rather get a valve cleaning every now and then, at least my Diff and diff bushes don't need to be replaced every 6 months! The thing I hated in every post BA Falcon is when you are driving hard then release the throttle and a massive BANG the diff slaps something horrendous even from Brand new even off the showroom floor! The Falcon would have been a much better car if it was better built, Ford cared about quality and just the overall Refinement because the falcon has no refinement what so ever!
If there is such a big difference in Torque why does the falcon loose 0-100 compared to the VF? and explain to me why I have people in the Falcon you can feel the power difference, feels sluggish on WOT! In the VF cant even tell they are there! Oh and double check because the latest High end Euros are going V6 Twin Turbo , just like the GTR!

Previous:

Last edited by williamisenuf; 26-01-2018 at 02:35 PM.