Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-12-2021, 11:53 AM   #481
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1 View Post
the Raptor is getting an engine it deserves.

And not in your list
That was deliberate after you said no 3L (EB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
Good to see you're still around John, a familiar face (ID). I haven't been online here since our aus product ceased manufacture, perhaps even well before that!

Thought id drop in and see whats happening
Good to hear from you my friend, Falcon & Terry seems so long ago now…
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2021, 12:59 PM   #482
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Surely it gets a Coyote with a tune in the vicinity of 300kw?

The application is already available in F150 and leaves scope for future power increases.
Surely they wouldn't alter the front assembly just to fit a V6 diesel.

This is not a troll post, i genuinely consider it a possibility given the supposed attempt in fitting a V8 to the current Ranger.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2021, 02:07 PM   #483
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Surely it gets a Coyote with a tune in the vicinity of 300kw?

The application is already available in F150 and leaves scope for future power increases.
Surely they wouldn't alter the front assembly just to fit a V6 diesel.

This is not a troll post, i genuinely consider it a possibility given the supposed attempt in fitting a V8 to the current Ranger.
It will be interesting once revealed.
I'd hazard that the V6 diesel got in because there is enough global sales to justify it and meet VW's wish so cost vs ROI is in the bag.

I wonder if US Ford marketing wants the F-150 Raptor to be overshadowed by a Ranger Raptor so a non-v8 will be used.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2021, 02:25 PM   #484
Rob 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2.7 V6 Ecoboost petrol?
Old 12-12-2021, 02:39 PM   #485
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
It will be interesting once revealed.
I'd hazard that the V6 diesel got in because there is enough global sales to justify it and meet VW's wish so cost vs ROI is in the bag.

I wonder if US Ford marketing wants the F-150 Raptor to be overshadowed by a Ranger Raptor so a non-v8 will be used.
No doubt but in doing so you'd have to assume opening up the engine compartment to fit the V6 makes a V8 option a real possibility.
Would it need to be a global offering or could it be market specific for those that dont get the F truck, i mean the US got the petrol option we didnt get so there is precedence.
Old 12-12-2021, 03:35 PM   #486
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 351 View Post
2.7 V6 Ecoboost petrol?

Yes. I think 2.7 V6 ecoboost is the most likely. 3.5 V6 ecoboost a possibility.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2021, 05:26 PM   #487
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Vw had input in their version. And on their renderings you can also see differences to the ranger

They also had engineers there for 2 years so I’m sure they would have pushed ford on some items
They had next to no engineering involvement. The next gen was already well along the design engineering road before vw were even shown it. All they did was send some designers out to broady to take the core ford provided them, and add their styling changes to what ford already had locked in for ranger. And then ford engineered and tested it all. This has been said numerous times.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-12-2021, 05:32 PM   #488
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No doubt but in doing so you'd have to assume opening up the engine compartment to fit the V6 makes a V8 option a real possibility.
Would it need to be a global offering or could it be market specific for those that dont get the F truck, i mean the US got the petrol option we didn't get so there is precedence.
I think Ranger is only built in South Africa (Amarok as well for the new model) Thailand and the USA. Obviously we get ours from Thailand so if they were going to build a V8 it would most likely be done in Thailand as I just cannot see a V8 Ranger being sold in the US market because of F-150. Now maybe a V8 could be put in here after they are shipped from Thailand with whatever engine they choose and sent back.

You're right though, if the engine bay was made larger to fit the V6 diesel than fitting a petrol V8 has been made easier and they all use the same A10 transmission.

I'd still wager on one of the Ecoboost V6 petrols and wonder also which ICE would be used in a hybrid.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2021, 05:52 PM   #489
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Now maybe a V8 could be put in here after they are shipped from Thailand with whatever engine they choose and sent back.

You're right though, if the engine bay was made larger to fit the V6 diesel than fitting a petrol V8 has been made easier and they all use the same A10 transmission.
This was my thinking too, even if it isnt a factory option it would open the door for a conversion company to slot in a FP crate 8.

Thinking even further, it wouldnt need to be specific to Raptor if it were through a conversion, anything from XLT could be considered i guess.

Last edited by BENT_8; 12-12-2021 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-12-2021, 06:09 PM   #490
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
Yes. I think 2.7 V6 ecoboost is the most likely. 3.5 V6 ecoboost a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 351
2.7 V6 Ecoboost petrol?
The 2.7 V6 Ecoboost already exists in the T6 platform ecosystem. It featuring in the Bronco makes sense that it would transition to the Ranger at some point.

My other guess for the Raptor would be the 3.5 Ecoboost. There are rumors that the F-150 is getting a V8 again at some stage, potentially opening up an opportunity for the 3.5.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2021, 06:58 PM   #491
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
They had next to no engineering involvement. The next gen was already well along the design engineering road before vw were even shown it. All they did was send some designers out to broady to take the core ford provided them, and add their styling changes to what ford already had locked in for ranger. And then ford engineered and tested it all. This has been said numerous times.

I’m not caring about engineering. Ford have put in what they need to match the amarok. Awd, rear discs. Suspension mounted outboard of rails. V6.

I’m talking more of fall to hand things. Window switch location, bottle pocket. Dash shape not jamming into knee. Heights of panels so when cruising your limbs are in comfortable positions. If ford had input for not all these little things with no input from vw they will get it wrong again.

Will have to wait and see.
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2021, 10:12 PM   #492
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
I think Ranger is only built in South Africa (Amarok as well for the new model) Thailand and the USA. Obviously we get ours from Thailand so if they were going to build a V8 it would most likely be done in Thailand as I just cannot see a V8 Ranger being sold in the US market because of F-150. Now maybe a V8 could be put in here after they are shipped from Thailand with whatever engine they choose and sent back.

I'd still wager on one of the Ecoboost V6 petrols and wonder also which ICE would be used in a hybrid.
Ranger is a tough crowd, give them V6 EB and the critics wanting V8 will still bag it
even though a crap ton of actual Raptor buyers would be grinning from ear to ear…..
Sometimes Ford just pick the engine that works for them and hopefully enough buyers…
Old 12-12-2021, 10:57 PM   #493
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Ranger is a tough crowd, give them V6 EB and the critics wanting V8 will still bag it
even though a crap ton of actual Raptor buyers would be grinning from ear to ear…..
Sometimes Ford just pick the engine that works for them and hopefully enough buyers…
If thats directed at me you've missed the mark, im not bagging the V6 if thats what it is.
There is speculation about what it may be and i simply said the altered front assembly may provide room for an 8, if its a 6 im sure it'll be fine, if its an 8 it'll get a soundtrack to match its aura.
If it doesnt but makes it easier for aftermarket conversion then everybody wins.
Old 13-12-2021, 12:10 AM   #494
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it gets a V8 I'll paint my Sprint pink.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2021, 12:55 AM   #495
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

That V6 diesel will be DOHC no doubt.

I reckon someone will have a Godzilla in that engine bay within 12 months.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2021, 01:13 AM   #496
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If thats directed at me you've missed the mark, im not bagging the V6 if thats what it is.
There is speculation about what it may be and i simply said the altered front assembly may provide room for an 8, if its a 6 im sure it'll be fine, if its an 8 it'll get a soundtrack to match its aura.
If it doesnt but makes it easier for aftermarket conversion then everybody wins.
No, that wasn’t directed at you Bent, more a case of no pleasing some
but yes, agree with most of what you said……..
Old 13-12-2021, 03:36 PM   #497
Gumboot

Does anyone know if the new 3 litre V6 Diesel going into the 2022 Ranger needs Adblue? OR does it just run a DPF only?
Cheers
Gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2021, 03:41 PM   #498
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumboot View Post
Does anyone know if the new 3 litre V6 Diesel going into the 2022 Ranger needs Adblue? OR does it just run a DPF only?
Cheers
Believe no Adblue at this point, just DPF.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2021, 04:32 PM   #499
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what about Everest?, the current one uses Add Blue
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2021, 04:44 PM   #500
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
Not sure but believe yes it will be as per current vehicle because Everest is classed as a passenger vehicle but Ranger is not. It all comes down to the class of vehicle, the market it is being sold in and the highest emission requirements it needs to meet. They wont add a system to a car if it does not need it!
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2021, 09:25 PM   #501
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Do we think there will be any weight reduction with the new model? The current one is getting quite porky at almost 2.3T for a Wildtrak and near 2.4T for the Raptor.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2021, 09:46 PM   #502
vbomber

Quote:
There are some phots of a prototype everest and you can the adblue tank unfortunately
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2021, 02:52 PM   #503
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith

Also built in Argentina, Vietnam and possibly China (I think). Forget the V8. Ecoboost has it covered, and when you look at the sales figures for F series the V6 Ecoboost outsells the V8 easily. The market has moved on, even in the good old USA. The only advantage the V8 would have would be exhaust note. It might be cool for a limited build run, but there really is no need now with what's coming. V6 Ecoboost is already available with hybrid in F series too, future proofing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
The 2.7 V6 Ecoboost already exists in the T6 platform ecosystem. It featuring in the Bronco makes sense that it would transition to the Ranger at some point.

My other guess for the Raptor would be the 3.5 Ecoboost. There are rumors that the F-150 is getting a V8 again at some stage, potentially opening up an opportunity for the 3.5.
The V8 F-150 Raptor R has already been confirmed months ago. It goes into production next year with the 5.2 supercharged V8 from the GT500.

How good would a Ranger Raptor R be with the same engine. Pipe dream though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium
I’m not caring about engineering. Ford have put in what they need to match the amarok. Awd, rear discs. Suspension mounted outboard of rails. V6.

I’m talking more of fall to hand things. Window switch location, bottle pocket. Dash shape not jamming into knee. Heights of panels so when cruising your limbs are in comfortable positions. If ford had input for not all these little things with no input from vw they will get it wrong again.

Will have to wait and see.
VW can't really change those things. The interior can only be styled a little different, not full scale changes. Don't expect much.
Old 14-12-2021, 03:05 PM   #504
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was reading the new Amarok wont be available till 2023?
Old 14-12-2021, 03:22 PM   #505
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
I was reading the new Amarok wont be available till 2023?
Yep, that's what VW have said. Considering they came on board late, it's no surprise.
Old 14-12-2021, 03:30 PM   #506
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep, that's what VW have said. Considering they came on board late, it's no surprise.
I wonder if they will do a Walkinshaw version like the current Amarok, wouldn't that be Ironic
Old 14-12-2021, 04:25 PM   #507
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
I wonder if they will do a Walkinshaw version like the current Amarok, wouldn't that be Ironic
It would be. Might happen though, considering there is no Holden left.
Old 14-12-2021, 10:11 PM   #508
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It would be. Might happen though, considering there is no Holden left.
Heck, Amorok might even break 1,000 sales a month….
Old 15-12-2021, 12:42 PM   #509
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Heck, Amorok might even break 1,000 sales a month….
It's currently VW's biggest seller atm.
Old 15-12-2021, 02:52 PM   #510
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

and even though its old gen the W580 is a nice bit of kit for a dual cab, pity its by them.
Nice cabin high end models, Black Highlines and the like.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post