Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-11-2022, 11:16 AM   #31
vbomber

Default Re: VFACTS OCT 2022- Ford second overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
What happened to Mazda?
they are normally second behind Toyota with about 8,000 or 9,000 sales
Could it be shipping/ delivery schedule of have they hit a wall?
Think supply issues but from what I remember they moved from cheap high volume to more expensive lower volume sales
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-11-2022, 12:05 PM   #32
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbomber View Post
Think supply issues but from what I remember they moved from cheap high volume to more expensive lower volume sales
The old.."we can reposition ourselves as more premium by increasing our prices".... except while they are very good cars when you increase price and don't offer much more then the old model/old price you run into this vacuum of space, you're more expensive then your traditional opposition and don't have the brand image and history with buyers in the new price segment you've moved into...so you need to do more than your new opposition like Lexus did when it first started. Maybe the higher sales revenue will counter the drop in volume sales, maybe the switch to rwd platforms will help..maybe... but a dealership needs servicing traffic to make it's money as well.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2022, 07:25 PM   #33
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
The old.."we can reposition ourselves as more premium by increasing our prices".... except while they are very good cars when you increase price and don't offer much more then the old model/old price you run into this vacuum of space, you're more expensive then your traditional opposition and don't have the brand image and history with buyers in the new price segment you've moved into...so you need to do more than your new opposition like Lexus did when it first started. Maybe the higher sales revenue will counter the drop in volume sales, maybe the switch to rwd platforms will help..maybe... but a dealership needs servicing traffic to make it's money as well.
And how's that strategy working for Honda..............
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2022, 08:13 PM   #34
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
And how's that strategy working for Honda..............
Maybe return buyers all went with Tesla last month (joke)
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2022, 08:34 PM   #35
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mazda never used to do fleet deals with rental companies, Hertz have heaps now.

They are nicely built, better than the Korean stuff. And drive nice, but like all the current cars I'm not liking all the safety tech stuff.
Why should I have to re-customize the car every time I turn it on?
I don't want lane keeping 99% of the time, I don't want auto stop, I don't want head up display, I don't want warnings when I'm speeding.

Can you imagine everytime you restated your phone it reset to factory defaults?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2022, 11:48 AM   #36
Bossxr8
Peter Car

To add to the good news, the customer satisfaction ratings are now the highest ever recorded. Made big strides in this area over the last couple of years.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2022, 12:26 PM   #37
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Mazda never used to do fleet deals with rental companies, Hertz have heaps now.

They are nicely built, better than the Korean stuff. And drive nice, but like all the current cars I'm not liking all the safety tech stuff.
Why should I have to re-customize the car every time I turn it on?
I don't want lane keeping 99% of the time, I don't want auto stop, I don't want head up display, I don't want warnings when I'm speeding.

Can you imagine everytime you restated your phone it reset to factory defaults?
The old man is the same, he doesn't want a car with AEB, or lane keeping assistance - so when reviewers pan a car like the new WRX in manual for not having AEB then thats something that goes on his list to look at because he doesn't want this ****.

Should be a way you can disable this **** in options without it restarting every time you turn the car on - confirmation screen or something.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2022, 12:34 PM   #38
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
To add to the good news, the customer satisfaction ratings are now the highest ever recorded. Made big strides in this area over the last couple of years.
To be fair, the service advisors pretty much force you to give positive feedback on their surveys.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2022, 12:46 PM   #39
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
To be fair, the service advisors pretty much force you to give positive feedback on their surveys.
You'd have to be pretty spineless to care what they tell you. If they did a crap job, i'd let them know no matter how much they begged for a good review. If they actually did it right, then you get your good review. Not hard to work that one out.
Old 07-11-2022, 02:10 PM   #40
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
You'd have to be pretty spineless to care what they tell you. If they did a crap job, i'd let them know no matter how much they begged for a good review. If they actually did it right, then you get your good review. Not hard to work that one out.
I don't think I've ever actually filled out the service one but always get the courtesy call to see how the service was and to give them 9s or 10s. I'm sure the results would get skewed because of this call. They say anything below a 9 is considered a failure from Ford's point of view.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2022, 02:14 PM   #41
ozrunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Given the previous usual rant by one in particular and some others regarding the last V-facts results, I'm confused why discussion on Tesla's 19th position is now not forthcoming by the same
ozrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2022, 02:26 PM   #42
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
The highs and lows of supply, the soccer mums etc are very happy paying premium it seems.
I expect bit more back to normal ala Tesla once more stock arrives - touche ozrunner but back off with the bait
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2022, 02:34 PM   #43
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how is holden going

still selling tonnes of zb's ?
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2022, 02:36 PM   #44
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
how is holden going

still selling tonnes of zb's ?
Just Holden on. To the casket.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:04 PM   #45
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrunner View Post
Given the previous usual rant by one in particular and some others regarding the last V-facts results, I'm confused why discussion on Tesla's 19th position is now not forthcoming by the same
As Tesla deliver to Australia pretty much in total ship loads, they will always have peaks that put them in top 3-5 per month when these ships arrive and the bulk is handed over to customers as quickly as possible. Unless someone can confirm definitely, I don't think any other brand does that so generally car freighters might have a big mix of brands arriving at regular intervals.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:46 PM   #46
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Oh, no issues at all here. The problem was the ships got to town too late. I didn't want to keep bashing the Tesla line when the topic was about the success of Ford on, you know, a FORD FORUM.

A few things also added to the delay. China said they'd drop their EV incentives for 2023 so production was again focused on the local market away from us. Now that China have said they will continue incentives into the new year, we will get more shipments.

They can only make so many cars and demand outweighs supply by a huge margin at the moment still for them.

They should still deliver about 20,000-25,000 cars before the year is out even with the delays.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2022, 03:50 PM   #47
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Tesla also gives an ETA on their website about vehicle delivery, last time I looked at their site they were quoting Feb/March 2023 delivery if you ordered now.

Where as the others basically throw their hands up in the air and say 'i dunno'.

At least Tesla is giving you a rough ETA before you commit.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2022, 03:55 PM   #48
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
As Tesla deliver to Australia pretty much in total ship loads, they will always have peaks that put them in top 3-5 per month when these ships arrive and the bulk is handed over to customers as quickly as possible. Unless someone can confirm definitely, I don't think any other brand does that so generally car freighters might have a big mix of brands arriving at regular intervals.
Thats interesting. I do remember the VW ship going down after catching fire a few months ago with only VW cars on board but that might just be that they had enough cars to fill the entire boat.

You are right that Teslas boats only set sail once they're full. 4 Ships set sail in October so there will be a big November to look out for. Sadly, with the above mentioned change in focus and throw in COVID delays (joys of the new strain now), they couldn't get enough built in time for the boats to set sail in time for the month. Tesla is very much a YTD story. I wouldn't get too caught up on the month by month. They've already delivered more cars this year (15,000 odd) than their entire 2021 of 12,000 odd units... which was more than their 2020... and so on.

Last edited by kypez; 07-11-2022 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:56 PM   #49
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One issue that would make me really hesitant to buy an ordered vehicle right now is the thought of it being decontented while you wait....had that happen once with an Escape that underwent 2 model year updates before the final vehicle was built and on the water 11 months later...happened also to my sister and her RR Sport earlier this year.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:02 PM   #50
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Thats interesting. I do remember the VW ship going down after catching fire a few months ago with only VW cars on board but that might just be that they had enough cars to fill the entire boat.

You are right that Teslas boats only set said once they're full. 4 Ships set sail in October so there will be a big November to look out for. Sadly, with the above mentioned change in focus and throw in COVID delays (joys of the new strain now), they couldn't get enough built in time for the boats to set sail in time for the month. Tesla is very much a YTD story. I wouldn't get too caught up on the month by month. They've already delivered more cars this year (15,000 odd) than their entire 2021 of 12,000 odd units... which was more than their 2020... and so on.
You're right it was carrying ...
Quote:
"3965 new vehicles including Volkswagen models, approximately 189 Bentleys, 1100 Porsches, and “a number of Lamborghinis”, a Volkswagen Group spokesperson said"
2 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2022, 04:08 PM   #51
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
One issue that would make me really hesitant to buy an ordered vehicle right now is the thought of it being decontented while you wait....had that happen once with an Escape that underwent 2 model year updates before the final vehicle was built and on the water 11 months later...happened also to my sister and her RR Sport earlier this year.
This happened with Tesla and they're notorious for changing the specs but 9/10 times, in a good way. They removed a secondary chip in the steering and the 14 speaker system is now a 13 speaker system. Having heard both, i can't tell the difference but it's still a feature change mid stream.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:11 PM   #52
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
You're right it was carrying ...
That was one expensive boat going down! All VAG cars as well. Ouch! Imagine being one of the customers who have been already waiting for a car given the delays of COVID.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:41 PM   #53
ozrunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
........ I didn't want to keep bashing the Tesla line when the topic was about the success of Ford on, you know, a FORD FORUM....
Ummm right. But can you give us the link on the TESLA FORUM where you mainly discuss Fords.

Quote:
..... Tesla is very much a YTD story. I wouldn't get too caught up on the month by month.....
Really. You made a point of flogging Septembers BS figures.

“I thought it was understood given we are talking September V Facts that my comment was about the month of September. If you prefer, 3rd highest selling car in Australia for September. Happy now? “

“Simple. Ranger and Hilux have second and first Sown up so there is not much news here. We are discussing why a particular car is now the 3rd highest selling car in Australia a month after its launch. All these things discussed are why they're number 3. Stick around, you might learn something new.”

Your propensity to switch to suit an argument is a well known trait so any Novembers comments should be interesting as you obviously didn't consider Octobers 19th worthy of any.
ozrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2022, 04:56 PM   #54
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
What happened to Mazda?
they are normally second behind Toyota with about 8,000 or 9,000 sales
Could it be shipping/ delivery schedule of have they hit a wall?

Mazda have hit a wall I reckon. They seem to have plenty of cars in stock?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2022, 05:26 PM   #55
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Mazda have hit a wall I reckon. They seem to have plenty of cars in stock?
I used to like their cars but around the last 6 years or so they stopped making cars that were nice to drive, have taken away all the steering feel and have boat anchor engines that haven't kept up with the competition.

We had a 2016 Mazda 6 wagon as a company car until it got written off, absolute 180 for Mazda, soulless turd of a car, they should give you a PS4 controller to drive that thing instead of a steering wheel, would have more feeling.

MD Mondeo was the superior car by far.

All this with huge price rises too.

Had a quick glance at their range, Mazda 6 for $50K you gotta be having a laugh - that's WRX money.
Old 07-11-2022, 06:29 PM   #56
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Ummm right. But can you give us the link on the TESLA FORUM where you mainly discuss Fords.
Actually got a holiday on the Tesla forum for all my Pro Ford comments. Sadly closed groups but I never let anyone bag Ford there. The reason my Teslas are Blue is because I'm still a Ford fan at heart. How many new Fords have you bought in the last Decade?

Quote:

Really. You made a point of flogging Septembers BS figures.

“I thought it was understood given we are talking September V Facts that my comment was about the month of September. If you prefer, 3rd highest selling car in Australia for September. Happy now? “

“Simple. Ranger and Hilux have second and first Sown up so there is not much news here. We are discussing why a particular car is now the 3rd highest selling car in Australia a month after its launch. All these things discussed are why they're number 3. Stick around, you might learn something new.”

Your propensity to switch to suit an argument is a well known trait so any Novembers comments should be interesting as you obviously didn't consider Octobers 19th worthy of any.
It doesn't change the fact that they sold that many cars in September. They did. Plain and simple. This month, they did not. Again, plain and simple. November, they will again. Great result! If they weren't selling due to lack of demand, your comments are fine. They're not selling due to supply issues, That is Great for them. Look at the market, the next highest selling EV for October was 400 odd cars. Chalk and cheese. It's a sad life you live when you can celebrate wins when they come your way and hide pessimism behind some thought of being realistic. 1600-2000 cars a month on average with no deliveries for 3-4 months is pretty great in this market if you're not a dual cab ute company and an EV no less.

We didn't say much when Ford were ramping Ranger and Everest and got schooled by Toyotas numbers a few months ago. We celebrate the Ranger doing well now and the Everest finally selling in some meaningful numbers. Perspective, more Teslas delivered than Everest.

Most said they'd be lucky to sell 1000 cars a year in Australia.

Tesla don't really consider our market a priority much like others. Only Ford and Toyota to some extent. We're a rounding error for most manufacturers. Tesla is still a start-up in the scheme of things.

I drove to Brissy and back over the weekend in my Tesla. 9 hours door to door including charging. One stop on the way there. Way home was 8:45 minutes door to door. You know, another thing that people say is not possible in an EV. All using Autopilot that is a death trap too.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by kypez; 07-11-2022 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 06:35 PM   #57
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That was one expensive boat going down! All VAG cars as well. Ouch! Imagine being one of the customers who have been already waiting for a car given the delays of COVID.
"I'm sorry sir, the ship upon which your long awaited new car was sailing, has sunk."

That would be about the moment the buyer snapped
Old 07-11-2022, 06:53 PM   #58
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
"I'm sorry sir, the ship upon which your long awaited new car was sailing, has sunk."

That would be about the moment the buyer snapped
Apparently most were replaced within 6 months including the 15 limited edition Aventador Ultimae onboard.
Old 07-11-2022, 06:54 PM   #59
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I used to like their cars but around the last 6 years or so they stopped making cars that were nice to drive, have taken away all the steering feel and have boat anchor engines that haven't kept up with the competition.

We had a 2016 Mazda 6 wagon as a company car until it got written off, absolute 180 for Mazda, soulless turd of a car, they should give you a PS4 controller to drive that thing instead of a steering wheel, would have more feeling.

MD Mondeo was the superior car by far.

All this with huge price rises too.

Had a quick glance at their range, Mazda 6 for $50K you gotta be having a laugh - that's WRX money.
They're copying Toyotas play book. People don't care for "drivers" cars anymore. They moved away from their "Zoom Zoom" focus. Seems there can only be 1 Toyota.

Old 07-11-2022, 07:31 PM   #60
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They're copying Toyotas play book. People don't care for "drivers" cars anymore. They moved away from their "Zoom Zoom" focus. Seems there can only be 1 Toyota.

Toyotas going the other way now though. They’re putting a lot of focus on their GR brand, and they’re regular models, while not beacons of enthusiast machines, are much better than what they’ve offered recently.

Mazda have nothing to look forward to.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: