Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-02-2009, 03:11 AM   #1
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Default Finally, my Zetec arrived!

Finally, after two weeks of waiting, i have got my Fiesta today!!

mmm.. what can i say about it other than im loving it.

Well, firstly, im not a strong manual driver, since ive had an auto for so long, so i struggled a bit at the start. :( But after driving for 2 hours straight around my area, i pretty much got the hang of it. (hopefully) lol

So, this is what ive noticed so far:

-gear shifting is very smooth
-very responsive
-there isnt any ash tray, even though i dont smoke, but i thought that was wierd. Unless i havent found it.
-there isnt anywhere to put loose change! Even though its a small matter, it really annoys me because i love leaving change in the car.
-there is one central lock system for your car than havent individual locks on each door which means even though u lock your doors, you may still by accident open the door from the inside.

thats really all atm, its like 2am right now. When i get more use to the car and manual ill post more.

Ill take some pics tomorrow! cya!

-b.

Oh, i also found that my rear light on my spoiler had a crack when you look under it. They are going to replace it when they get parts in but just thought u guys should just check it as well since it was hard for me to spot it out.

bdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 07:10 AM   #2
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What no ash tray we need them, it's the best place to put your loose change.
Plenty of pics it's good to see of colours.
Enjoy mate.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Congrats

There is a loose change compartment to the right of the steering wheel - at knee height.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

aww seems as thoe you dont love it. you would love the model before it thoe if you wanna trade it with mine lmao! are they push button start or they still got the key?
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No push button start in Australia, you can get an optional smoker kit if your a smoker . But I really liked that since I'm anti smoker, I love it, it's payback for everytime I've ever been smoked on
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
There is a loose change compartment to the right of the steering wheel - at knee height.
Ahhhh... sweeet.. so there is! :P thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kariharnett
aww seems as thoe you dont love it. you would love the model before it thoe if you wanna trade it with mine lmao!
Hahah, nah.. its not that i dont love it, just that i have to get use to manual again before i can fullly love it. (which im gettin pretty use to alrdy :P)
The driving is magnificent, it was just those little things in the interior just buged me, but its no biggy :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
No push button start in Australia, you can get an optional smoker kit if your a smoker . But I really liked that since I'm anti smoker, I love it, it's payback for everytime I've ever been smoked on
Yeah, i realised that.. anything thing that comes optional is the sunglasses holder. Thing that bugged me though is that they never said anything about these options. If i knew, i woulda got everything. I didnt even get a ciggerette lighter lol. >< (the cig lighter can save lives man!)

Anyways... I took some quick photos today, its a bit of a gloomy day, so my car looked a bit purplish :( ..oh well :P

Hope u liked it!...

ill take heaps more photos on days to come especially when i get my tinted windows soon..

ciao!

-b.
Old 20-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #7
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Would look great with some nice 17's or 18's on, not too bad a colour at all!!!

Congrats
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
Would look great with some nice 17's or 18's on, not too bad a colour at all!!!

Congrats

yup, me thinking of gettin the 17" rims at cost price once i got the money from the dealer. If not, jsut some other cool 17" rims
Old 20-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #9
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

The more I look at these, the more I think the Zetec rear spoiler is a must, especially on the 5 door. Having said that this is looking great, the Sea Grey works really well with the new lines on the car. Happy motoring!
Old 20-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
escapin

looks nice how hard have u been driving it?
or rather what the average litres/100km

nice wheels maybe a little lower would look smick
escapin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #11
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
The more I look at these, the more I think the Zetec rear spoiler is a must, especially on the 5 door. Having said that this is looking great, the Sea Grey works really well with the new lines on the car. Happy motoring!
Yeah... i never liked the fiesta without that rear spoiler. Without it, it looks way more like a van.. another must is the front lip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapin
looks nice how hard have u been driving it?
or rather what the average litres/100km

nice wheels maybe a little lower would look smick
Well... atm its averaging at about 10/100kms which is a bit much, but its going lower the more i drive it. (started off as 19/100kms)..

ive only driven liek 100kms, so yeah.. lol

also.. it might be my noobish way of driving manual.. but im certain itll get better in the near future

will keep you up to date
Old 20-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #12
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks great mate. nice colour.
Old 20-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #13
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sea Grey is a top color. Looks good on your new Fiesta. Nice choice.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #14
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

It works well with all the chrome accents. It would be my choice of colour but I leave the colour to the missus to keep her happy!!! lol

We need to make a rule, no pics to tease the people that have cars on order! :
Old 21-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #15
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
We need to make a rule, no pics to tease the people that have cars on order! :
Yep I agree no more pics. they look so good.:sm_drool: .
BB
Old 22-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #16
oldsoftboss

Hi all, thinking of getting one of these for the wife. I drive a new FG for work, just wondering if the digital readout in the middle of the gauges is able to be customised like the falcon? If so, what options do you have?

Cherrs,
Dave
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #17
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoftboss
Hi all, thinking of getting one of these for the wife. I drive a new FG for work, just wondering if the digital readout in the middle of the gauges is able to be customised like the falcon? If so, what options do you have?

Cherrs,
Dave
You can cycle between the standard items (fuel use, km's to empty, average speed, trip distance etc)

Can't see any options to change the info (other than cycle between the standard items or clear them) but knowing this is possible with other multifunction displays via an ECU cable connect, I am guessing it could be possible.

Via the other display you can do various settings though - like activate 3 flashes for the turn indicator, enable DSP for the driver vs the entire cabin, turn on chimes etc

Last edited by Candyman2; 22-02-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 02:10 AM   #18
Zetec Dave

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here who's also waiting for my Zetec to arrive. Ordered a silver one. Anxiously waiting now...just bugs the hell outta me when the dealer can't give a more accurate delivery time frame.

Congrats on your new car bdesigns!!!!! I'm sure you'll love it. Great car loaded with features at a competitive price :

Happy Motoring :eclipsee_
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 04:33 AM   #19
bdesigns
Joy Ride

hhahah.. thanks guys...

man.. this car is gettin more and more fun to drive.. i love how agile it is and cant stop weaving through cars and stuff.. Also, i know i should be babying this car for the first 1000-3000kms but i couldnt help it. I redlined it and jumped to liek 140kms/h God, it has so much power for a small car like that. I can feel the torque.

Anyways, quick question, since im still a noobish manual driver, sometimes i get a slight smell from the car. Not really a burning smell, but a similar smell. Im wondering if its coz im driving like a noob and burnin the clutch, or is it just a smell new cars give out? (ive only done 300kms)

Also, has anyone seen anymore of these Zetecs on the road? i live in the SE side of Melbourne and i still have yet to see one on the road.

-b.
Old 23-02-2009, 04:51 AM   #20
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdesigns
hhahah.. thanks guys...

man.. this car is gettin more and more fun to drive.. i love how agile it is and cant stop weaving through cars and stuff.. Also, i know i should be babying this car for the first 1000-3000kms but i couldnt help it. I redlined it and jumped to liek 140kms/h God, it has so much power for a small car like that. I can feel the torque.

Anyways, quick question, since im still a noobish manual driver, sometimes i get a slight smell from the car. Not really a burning smell, but a similar smell. Im wondering if its coz im driving like a noob and burnin the clutch, or is it just a smell new cars give out? (ive only done 300kms)

Also, has anyone seen anymore of these Zetecs on the road? i live in the SE side of Melbourne and i still have yet to see one on the road.

-b.
Hey bdesigns, just thought i'd respond to your question since i'm awake and not many others are (probaby....)

I find alot of new cars (test drives, fleet cars) i've driven will smell a bit in first few days/weeks of driving. It is just lubrication etc. burning off (even production stickers on exhausts) It is true that poor use of the clutch can cause them to cook themselves and emit very bad smells (trust me, one you smell burnt clutch you don't forget it easilly....) but this is usually in much more torquey vehicles and often after hill starts etc. where the driver has held the car on the clutch.

Riding the clutch like this can cause issues in the long run, but i'd doubt that is what it is. For 'running in' the general consensus is to not baby it, give it some curry, load it up on hills etc,, and vary the revs. I probably woulnd't regularly readline an engine till you have a thousand clicks on it, but once or twice won't hurt

Great to see you guys getting new Fiestas, i'm a visiting falcon owner and am very happy Ford builds great little cars too (so i'm biased and love my big tank.....LOL!). To make you feel even better about your purchase, check out my post in the pub about new fiesta internet advertising. http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11250738 You can compare you car to all those 'lesser' competitors.

Keeping having fun with your Fiesta....it looks great BTW!!!

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 06:30 AM   #21
Zetec Dave

Quote:
hhahah.. thanks guys...

-b.

Hoy Hoy again bdesigns, I live in SE Melbourne too. Hmm wondering which part you're in. LOL. Might actually see you around some day. You might even overtake me too. LOL. I've noticed that you bought yours from Jefferson Ford. That's also where I ordered mine from but still waitin for it. Coming up to 2 weeks wait now *SIGH*. Anyways, back to your question about sighting Zetecs, I've seen several of the base models of the new Fiesta on Princess highway near chadstone and caulfield but no other Zetecs as yet except for those at the dealers ( I suppose that doesn't count rite?)

I had a similar experience with the smell too immediately after a test drive of the manual one. Didn't happen with the auto one though.

I wonder if anyone else is still awake? I have to be as I'm working a night shift _2:
Old 23-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #22
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Ahh thanks for the peace of mind guys.. now i dont have to be so paranoid.. lol..

I live in Wheelershill, near Glenwaverley area, but im usually around chaddy area as well plus i got to caulfield monash so yeah, i rekon ill definitely drive past you one day.

Ahh coool.. you got yours from Jefferson as well? which one? the one in the city on Normanby rd? Did you speak to Robert? I must say, there was really really good to me, gave me a hella good price compared to the one in burwood.

I bought my car on the 3rd on Feb, and got it 15 days later so pretty fast and lucky delivery imo since when i went to pick up my car, Robert was telling me i was very lucky to get it now and for a good price.

And nope, base models dont count since they have heaps of stock and the look alot more like the Mazda 2 than the Zetec does
Old 23-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #23
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Ahh thanks for the peace of mind guys.. now i dont have to be so paranoid.. lol..

I live in Wheelershill, near Glenwaverley area, but im usually around chaddy area as well plus i got to caulfield monash so yeah, i rekon ill definitely drive past you one day.

Ahh coool.. you got yours from Jefferson as well? which one? the one in the city on Normanby rd? Did you speak to Robert? I must say, there was really really good to me, gave me a hella good price compared to the one in burwood.

I bought my car on the 3rd on Feb, and got it 15 days later so pretty fast and lucky delivery imo since when i went to pick up my car, Robert was telling me i was very lucky to get it now and for a good price.

And nope, base models dont count since they have heaps of stock and the look alot more like the Mazda 2 than the Zetec does
Wow we're fairly close then cause I live in Springvale and pretty much drive up princess highway to work or uni. Hmm there's prob a good chance of bumping into you. I'll give you a beep if I do overtake you :

I ordered mine from Jefferson Ford Mentone from a guy called Shemelan. They're a nice bunch of people down there. Got a alright price considering the car's a brand spanking new model. I've been told mine should arrive around april/may (the buggers keep extending it each time I ask them). They also told me No one in Australia has any Zetec stock left _ but I just drove by Burwood this morning and saw they had a black one and a silver one. Even called and confirmed that they were new and not demos. Both in manual. So I gave the sales guy at Jefferson Ford mentone a call and asked if they could do a swap or something so I get mine sooner. *Fingers crossed*
Old 23-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #24
photn
AFF Post NAZI

excuse me,

i think i need to excuse myself for a while.... need new pants......

Man that is one sweet ride..... i love how the new fiestas look, but that of course is suspected considering its new....but none the less it is mighty fine...

i wonder how long until team ST/RS what ever team it is (i forget) bring out the ST (XR4) version.. my my it will be a treat..... i can see dual pipes with that tail rear....
maybee even turbo..

man this brings me back to the day of when i got my fez... ahhhh so sexxy back then..RIP BLACK PANTHER>........

gud luck with the car... hope you enjoy.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #25
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
Wow we're fairly close then cause I live in Springvale and pretty much drive up princess highway to work or uni. Hmm there's prob a good chance of bumping into you. I'll give you a beep if I do overtake you :

I ordered mine from Jefferson Ford Mentone from a guy called Shemelan. They're a nice bunch of people down there. Got a alright price considering the car's a brand spanking new model. I've been told mine should arrive around april/may (the buggers keep extending it each time I ask them). They also told me No one in Australia has any Zetec stock left _ but I just drove by Burwood this morning and saw they had a black one and a silver one. Even called and confirmed that they were new and not demos. Both in manual. So I gave the sales guy at Jefferson Ford mentone a call and asked if they could do a swap or something so I get mine sooner. *Fingers crossed*

Oh wow, that is really close.. lol.. i go down to springy all the time lol.

Umm, the Silver Zetec has been at burwood for some time now (that was teh first dealer i went to). I think they got that late Jan or sumthing. Its been sat in many times and i think it might have been used for a drive around as well. (the guy asked me if i wanted to test drive it but i said no coz its too much of a hassle for em).

They also have a SEAGREY one in doncaster. So maybe you can call em sometime as well
Old 23-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #26
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Oh wow, that is really close.. lol.. i go down to springy all the time lol.

Umm, the Silver Zetec has been at burwood for some time now (that was teh first dealer i went to). I think they got that late Jan or sumthing. Its been sat in many times and i think it might have been used for a drive around as well. (the guy asked me if i wanted to test drive it but i said no coz its too much of a hassle for em).

They also have a SEAGREY one in doncaster. So maybe you can call em sometime as well
Oh...no wonder they still have it sitting there. Its an unwanted duckling. : Hmmm maybe I better get into contact with Doncaster about the sea grey one then. I do like the colour. Hope its new though and not a test drive/demo car. Thanks for the advice. much appreciate it. Sea grey colour will definately give the cars at home a freshening variation cause so far they're all silver. At one stage we had 2 x Honda Jazz's.
Old 23-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #27
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Saw one just like this twice today to and from work. The first Zetec I've seen on the road here.