Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Unhappy Bluetooth Issue 2010 WS Zetec

Hey fellow Fez owners, I'm having an issue with my Bluetooth connection not working (all of a sudden):

*The ICC (stereo/computer) is unable to sync with my phone

*The bluetooth symbol doesn't light up on the ICC screen, even though it's listed as 'on' in the ICC menu

*The ICC won't let me switch the bluetooth off (even though it doesn't appear to be on)

*The ICC won't let me debond my phone

*I've debonded 'Ford Audio' from my phone but it can't see anything to re-bond with

I've had sync issues before on both mine and the Mrs' Zetec that we fixed by de-bonding and re-bonding, switching the ignition off and on, or just leaving it alone for half an hour and coming back to a prefectly functioning system.

My current phone is a Samsung Galxy Nexus, previous was an Iphone3 the system has had hiccups with both, but it's never dropped off like this.

I'm going to try disconnecting the battery next, hopefully it re-sets itself.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any other tips or tricks I could use?

Cheers

LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 
Default Re: Bluetooth Issue 2010 WS Zetec

The version 4 of Android doesn't seem to work with it (the Nexus has this), I had the same issues so downgraded to 3. Try the update I recommended to someone on here, it might fix this for you. http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ight=bluetooth

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Ok, I suspect the issue is the stereo itself rather than the phobe so if disconnecting the battery doesnt work ill try the update.

Any idea if the stereo requires a PIN if the battery is disconnected? I cant find one listed on any of the manuals/paperwork
Old 27-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
vhcbm

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Yes you will need the code, if it isn't on the owner info sticker in your log book then a ford dealer will supply it free of charge. You just need your rego papers as proof.

Old 27-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Thanks vhcbm. I appreciate your help.

The info sticker in my Mrs' book is easy to read and has the radio code listed as six numbers.

The sticker in my book has all the info crammed in together. As far as I can tell the radio code is listed however its six numbers and one letter.

Does this sound right?
Old 27-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
vhcbm

Doesn't sound right to me as there is no letter keypad to insert it into the radio. Unfortunately the dealer never gave me mine so I can't compare.

Old 28-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Just fixed the problem by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

The stereo didnt ask for a PIN.

Upon reconnecting the battery the system started as normal, I rebonded the phone and it all works as normal.

So when in doubt, disconnect the battery and allow the ICC/Stereo to properly reboot.

Cheers.
Old 28-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
Caydus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhcbm
The version 4 of Android doesn't seem to work with it (the Nexus has this), I had the same issues so downgraded to 3. Try the update I recommended to someone on here, it might fix this for you. http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ight=bluetooth
I have the Galaxy Nexus too. The process changing from iPhone to GNex was fairly painless and easy when it comes to bonding with the car.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Same here Caydus