Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-01-2008, 12:08 AM   #31
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceofSpades
i love speed but wtf... and how did they persue him? the chopper would have had fun trying to keep with that..
Just had a flash of Gone in 60 seconds... "120, 140, 160....He's gone"

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #32
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know that BLOKE!

I went to school with him (primary school, not in the same grade) he was one of my brothers mates.

I'm not surprised to be honest, he was all into the BMX thing early, he was the first in the group of my brothers mates to get dirtbikes (his parents were loaded) and looks like it just escalated from there.

What a spinout. :

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 12:21 AM   #33
Shaggzy
"BMX_datto"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoods
I know that BLOKE!

I went to school with him (primary school, not in the same grade) he was one of my brothers mates.

I'm not surprised to be honest, he was all into the BMX thing early, he was the first in the group of my brothers mates to get dirtbikes (his parents were loaded) and looks like it just escalated from there.

What a spinout. :

Im in the whole "BMX" thing and i have been in a car at over 250km/h so does that mean im goin to turn out like this moron???
Shaggzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 12:54 AM   #34
ExAreSix
STi Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
He's gone big time.
I will still contend that 255km/h is a strech,I am a little sceptical,I mean its not the first time a little extra sauce has been added to spice up a story by either media or police..
My 99 WRX, with 121k kays on it, does 200 easy. And that was with only 7psi. (They run 13psi stock.)
This car was reported to be an STI also. I have no doubt 255 is achievable in that car.
ExAreSix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 01:15 AM   #35
MRHELE

So if that's the highest recorded speed only in Victoria, what's the highest recorded speed overall in Australia!?
MRHELE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 02:32 AM   #36
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRHELE
So if that's the highest recorded speed only in Victoria, what's the highest recorded speed overall in Australia!?
And here we go.

God the media are stupid, create an unofficial competition. I know, lets give him a quirky nickname too.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 03:45 AM   #37
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
A P-PLATER who clocked Victoria's highest recorded road speed of 255km/h during a marathon police chase has appeared in court.

Justin Andrew Pickering, 20, evaded police in Victoria and NSW during five pursuits over 500km on August 2 last year.

The court heard he drove at 140km/h on the Hume Highway at Euroa in his new Subaru WRX STI.

Pickering pleaded guilty at Broadmeadows Magistrates' Court to charges including reckless conduct endangering life, driving without P-plates, and exceeding the speed limit.

Police said he had driven at up to 255km/h, which was the fastest speed recorded by a car in Victoria.

Pickering's driving licence was disqualified in Western Australia and Queensland -- but he held a Victorian licence.

The chase ended when Pickering drove into a dead-end street in Craigieburn.

Pickering will appear in court again in March.
Stuck in 3rd ?
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 08:42 AM   #38
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

255 is all it took to set the record? Jeez I would have thought it would have been a lot higher than that...

I read he had spare race tyres and jerry cans of fuel in the car and halfway through the chase he was so far ahead, he pulled over and fuelled up then continued. It was obviously premeditated? (and hence very harsh penalty)
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #39
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

when i got pulled over once i was chatting to the officer and he told me he has seen 240kph on his radar from a wrx (his highest for a car), but he said fastest speed was 310 by a guy on a bike (he didn't catch that one,, duuuuh)
Old 21-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #40
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMX_datto
Im in the whole "BMX" thing and i have been in a car at over 250km/h so does that mean im goin to turn out like this moron???
What's your mental age?