Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
v8boss

Default "How NOT to modify your cars"

Hi all, have been looking through a thread I came across about a shocking Mitsi engine rebuild in Spain.I Laughed so hard at it, the people at work thought I had lost it! There have been some blinders over the years, like the guy who welded extra fins onto his turbo to get more boost (that was a massive one on an MX6 forum I think). I was wondering if anyone came across the links to these modifying gurus, do you want to post the links here? Would be nice to have all the "how not to do it" links in one place so when you have a spare hour or fifteen, you can look through them all. here is one of my favourites.
http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-for...turbo-mod.html

Mods, if this is in the wrong place or been done before, feel free to move or delete.

Thanks

Old 30-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

hahah love it

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not so much a how not to mod your car but this guy must've been on the paint thiner when he did this..

GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
not so much a how not to mod your car but this guy must've been on the paint thiner when he did this..

He Just copied the KFC Commercial where the father and son put a cardboard body kit on the families Volvo. I haven't seen that commercial since channel 7 took over the V8s.

How not to modify a car is to start with a Toyota Echo, paint it Purple, put on a cracking (literally) body kit, with spinner rims (the kind that keep spinning once you have stopped), and call it Miss Echo. This one is around my area that is the laughing stock of all modified cars in the Shire.

This, is a repost.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
He Just copied the KFC Commercial where the father and son put a cardboard body kit on the families Volvo. I haven't seen that commercial since channel 7 took over the V8s.

How not to modify a car is to start with a Toyota Echo, paint it Purple, put on a cracking (literally) body kit, with spinner rims (the kind that keep spinning once you have stopped), and call it Miss Echo. There is one around my are that is the laughing stock of all modified cars in the Shire.

This, is a repost.
I've seen this car and the owner... ugly

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #6
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:

How not to modify a car is to start with a Toyota Echo, paint it Purple, put on a cracking (literally) body kit, with spinner rims (the kind that keep spinning once you have stopped), and call it Miss Echo. This one is around my area that is the laughing stock of all modified cars in the Shire.

This, is a repost.
LOL, you mean the sutho shire? I've just moved there at the start of the year, I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

I remember there was an awesome thread about a guy with an audi putting sand in his airbox to polish the inlet ports, although that might have been fake.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #7
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ghetto spec. One of these required:
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
LOL, you mean the sutho shire? I've just moved there at the start of the year, I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

I remember there was an awesome thread about a guy with an audi putting sand in his airbox to polish the inlet ports, although that might have been fake.
Yes on both accounts, however I'm certain that the Audi was fake.

This, on the other hand is real, and disturbing at the same time.
Old 30-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha.

50 - 100 000 rpm with tack welded flaps is just looking for problems. But imagine the Dose!

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #10
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the scary thing is someone this stupid drives on the same roads as us
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8boss
Hi all, have been looking through a thread I came across about a shocking Mitsi engine rebuild in Spain.I Laughed so hard at it, the people at work thought I had lost it! There have been some blinders over the years, like the guy who welded extra fins onto his turbo to get more boost (that was a massive one on an MX6 forum I think). I was wondering if anyone came across the links to these modifying gurus, do you want to post the links here? Would be nice to have all the "how not to do it" links in one place so when you have a spare hour or fifteen, you can look through them all. here is one of my favourites.
http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-for...turbo-mod.html

Mods, if this is in the wrong place or been done before, feel free to move or delete.

Thanks

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #11
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Here's the audi thread

http://www.audiforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80267

There was also a good one I saw a little while ago with a guy building a car, I think it was a toyota or something (jap car anyway), and I think it was in russia. He sounded like he knew what we was doing, until he showed a pic of his "lightweight" flywheel. He had drilled several holes in it, with what wouldn't have been much more than 10mm apart. And they were all uneven! I've tried doing a search but can't find it.

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

175.6 rwkw

Old 30-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #12
Ando_Leigh

Quote:

This, is a repost.
Aahaha i saw this car one day on my way out to nulla. Me and my mates havn't laughed so hard in a while.
Old 30-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #13
v8boss

Ahhhh, I knew the collective brains of the forum users would come up with some goodies. I see someone has said it is a repost. if so, link to the original post as well if you like. Im not proud!
Old 30-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #14
deathlucky
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
Here's the audi thread

http://www.audiforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80267

There was also a good one I saw a little while ago with a guy building a car, I think it was a toyota or something (jap car anyway), and I think it was in russia. He sounded like he knew what we was doing, until he showed a pic of his "lightweight" flywheel. He had drilled several holes in it, with what wouldn't have been much more than 10mm apart. And they were all uneven! I've tried doing a search but can't find it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that audi is a classic its got to be the funniest thing i have ever seen
17" BA XR8 Copies, Pedders Coilovers Front & Rear, 30mm Front 24mm Rear Whiteline Sway Bar, Strut Brace, Camber Kit, Slotted Front Rotors, 1636 Wadecam, Au Injectors, El Ecu, TurboSmart FPR-800 (275kpa), MSD Street Fire Ignition, MSD High Vibration Blaster Coil, Pacemaker 4499, High Flow Cat, 2.5" Sports Exhaust, Twin Pod Filters, El Thermo Fans, 2 Stage Shift Kit, Pioneer Sound System : 123.3RWKW
deathlucky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #15
Lynch'd

The best i've seen lately was covered in here: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11238785

What this guy does to a poor eclipse is just insane.

Ceramic coated 4490's, Magnaflow high flow cat, Twin 2.5" Mercury exhaust, BPR CAI , Territory tessa pipes. :evil3:

20% Underdrives waiting to be fitted

My Build Thread
Lynch'd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #16
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:

This, is a repost.
i used to play afl with that car owners cousin. it was a bigger peice of shite than my old meteor.

nearly ceashed the xr8 the first time i saw it from laughing so hard.

BTW love the rice citation. i could give out about 100 of them just in my suburb alone.
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #17
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

hahah oh my are people really that stupid ???

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 05:47 PM   #18
r3dfutura
r3dfutura

Quote:

that thing lives around the corner from me literally 30sec away, i drive past it nearly everyday, it is a joke to say the least
Police Mode
Upper+Lower Chrome Grilles
Tint
2.5" X-Force Catback System
5x7 Splits in the back, Sony XPLOD Sub, Cadence 4 Channel Amp
:

more
r3dfutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #19
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That Corona was done years ago, way before the KFC ad. It was a send up of ricers, it wasnt meant to be serious.
Pretty sure the KFC ad got the idea from that vehicle, not vise versa.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 12:41 AM   #20
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Tack welding fins on a turbo and sucking sand through an engine????? Surely these are BS and just someone having some fun. They can not be that stupid, surely?
Old 31-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #21
Thom

All i know is that one thing is for certain don't underestimate the unpredictability of stupidity
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #22
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Tack welding fins on a turbo and sucking sand through an engine????? Surely these are BS and just someone having some fun. They can not be that stupid, surely?
The audi one is fake, but the turbo one is real. I know, it's incredible how stupid some people can be. Apparently there is one out there about a guy with a honda (not sure which) who hooked the NOS nozzle into his rocker cover or someplace stupid! I can't find it but I'd love to read it.

Another good one I read ages ago was about a guy with a BMW. He topped his oil up before a trip and didn't put the cap back on. After driving for a bit, he went to check his oil and realised. So instead of just driving with no cap, he stuck his SOCK into the filler! The sock eventually worked its way down into the head, tore apart and got wrapped around everything. Again, not sure if its true but pretty funny anyway.

175.6 rwkw

Old 31-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #23
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I saw this yesterday or the day before on my way to work... what a pile.

Had no idea that there were so many shire people on this forum...
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #24
Paxton
Cobblers!

BMW Oil Sock: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=311931

I can't find anything on the Honda, however.
Old 31-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #25
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That Rice Citation is going to come in handy will be handing a few of those out
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #26
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

OMFGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://rogercordia.freeforums.org/

I can't believe it, HE'S ALIVE and flourishing!!!!
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #27
badefghia
Banned

Some peopel have no taste id rather catch a bus then drive a car that looks crap..
badefghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #28
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

AHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcordia
I have come up with a very strict legitimate serious plan and criteria when it comes to racing me at the strip or the street FOR MONEY, alot of people say that they could beat me so easily etc, well i have decided to write this to give them an idea of what i have planned for someone wanting to race me, so read on, its very basic but full on.

The details below are MY RULES

This is how its gonna be layed out >

1. From the very first point of contact, both drivers must agree that if they want to continue on, its either a yes or a no, and nothing else. Once they say yes, you are NOT able to withdraw from the race. Its Now or never.

2. Both drivers will do 2 races, these are rules >

Race 1: Friendly race.
In this race, both drivers will be able to go head to head with each other and do a full drag run race, this will allow drivers to see what they need to improve on, such as boost level, or suspenstion settings or anyuthing else. NO MONEY ON THE STAKES. This is like a game of marbles at school, you know , practice for the real thing etc.

3. Now that both drivers did a practice friendly drag pass, or street race, drivers must now say if they will continue on, BUT THIS IS DIFFRENT, read on.

If any of the two drivers say that they dont want to continue on, they will have to pay up.

Quick summary >

Driver 1: Accepts challenge
Driver 2: Accepts challenge
Race 1(friendly): Done
Driver 1:Accepts to race on
Driver 2: Refuses to race on
Driver 2 pays driver 1 the money that was agreed on.

In the other case > if both drivers accepts to race in race 2, well, whoever wins gets the nmoney etc.

How much money is up for both drivers to decide on.

Worthy amounts that will make me happy,aswell as the other driver >

$200
$250
$400
$500

If a driver accepts this challenge, does the friendly and the other race and doesnt pay up, well what can be done to get it, i would just have to decide on the day if the person is completly 100% complied and co operative.

Conclusion >

Say for example in the friendly race i whoop a car by like 3 car lenghts, well that driver will have to decide on two things >

Improve the car to do alot better OR
Withdraw from race 2

remember, there is no turning back once someone accepts the challenge.

Policy 1: In order to go head to head with the Cordiaking, you must >

Answer: Have proof to show that you did a drag pass at the drags, and no G tech pass, once the details have been mention, the challenge is a go. The cordiaking doesnt race anyone that has NOT done a drag pass.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #29
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Roger Cordia that is some funny funny stuff, just checked out his website... I know stupid move but damn its funny

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #30
rusty 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that is so damn funny my eyes are hurting from the tears,
its scary that he is fair dinkum
rusty 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post