Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:18 PM   #61
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
No sorry they are out of Mature at the moment, they do have a nice range of Cheddar and Edam though......

Phone 1800 KING ISLAND TURBO CHEESE (I know it is a long number but it is overseas..)

P.S. you can buy a six pack or two four packs joined at an angle.
DO the blister's hurt much ???
Old 05-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #62
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
DO the blister's hurt much ???
No workplace health and saftey rules do not allow the turbo churns to be used until they have cooled down. This does not take long as King island is quite cold even in summer.
If you are looking at these cheeses remember although the 6 packs seen to be eaten quicker, the dual joined 4 packs sound better when you open them up.
Be carefull though, some of the dual 4 pack containers have been pressurised and might not be as tasty as you expect.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 PM   #63
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot xr6
Back on the original topic, adding a 'track pack' or 'r spec' option I think is an important part of any range as it adds another avenue of choice for a potential customer and can be an effective tool for winning sales.

And that’s a nice idea.

The issue with road cars gaining track options is again centred on compromise. A pure track suspension tune is nearly useless for road applications. As most manufacturers build road cars there still needs to be a balance. In a fair percentage of cases the track settings are so good they eventually phase out what was once considered the base design or they inturn become defaults for cars like the Force series.

In amongst the inconsistency with MRC reviews, that and the claims by HSV via "Wheels" that blocks had been left in, has been the realisation that the GTS 20 inch rim and suspension setting isn't the best for road application.

The previous attempt from HSV which involved a manual Ohlin’s package was expensive and had a relatively low take up. It can be effective in winning sales if it’s developed accordingly and in the case of the V8 FPVs they have certainly had plenty of time to make significant alterations.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 PM   #64
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
And that’s a nice idea.

The issue with road cars gaining track options is again centred on compromise. A pure track suspension tune is nearly useless for road applications. As most manufacturers build road cars there still needs to be a balance. In a fair percentage of cases the track settings are so good they eventually phase out what was once considered the base design or they inturn become defaults for cars like the Force series.

In amongst the inconsistency with MRC reviews, that and the claims by HSV via "Wheels" that blocks had been left in, has been the realisation that the GTS 20 inch rim and suspension setting isn't the best for road application.

The previous attempt from HSV which involved a manual Ohlin’s package was expensive and had a relatively low take up. It can be effective in winning sales if it’s developed accordingly and in the case of the V8 FPVs they have certainly had plenty of time to make significant alterations.
This is very true. Other problems will be less ground clearance which will damage bodykits which some may not expect or like and the tendency for less gradual understeer which will bite the odd less experienced driver.

As I stated earlier I hope the "R Spec" has a number of "endurance" features such as diff oil cooler, larger or extra fuel tank, GTP-esque seating, lighter rims (unsprung weight) etc.

But it will be what it will be (assuming it is actually delivered) and I am sure whatever it is we will buy it.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:53 PM   #65
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 298pursuit
bout time

Yes, try responding now!
Old 06-01-2007, 01:08 AM   #66
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
And that’s a nice idea.

Yes.. and ultimately that which makes a car good on the track is at odds with what makes it a great road car.... the 2 settings are quite diverse and opposed with each other, those calling for a "track setting" as a base setting for the GT could ultimately determine its downfall as a mass produced performance vehicle, the notion of offering an OPTIONAL track setting kit makes far more sence than offering it as a dedicated model. HSV's sales of their R spec cars is testimount to the fact that it really is a very limited albiet vocal audiance.
That said however if the R kit makes it a better road AND track proposition at the same time then it shows FPV have been sitting on their hands for too long...

Old 06-01-2007, 01:29 AM   #67
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Yes, try responding now!
touche! theres a big "dont argue" if ever i saw one!

Back on topic - I think the track pack is a good idea. It gives people the option of a harder suspension etc. Its a way of increasing volume for minimum outlay. shouldve done it earlier though and it should be a permanant option as well.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:12 AM   #68
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are these the monotube shocks that the BF was supposed to get?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:07 AM   #69
bonspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you boys should leave 298 alone i thought the idea is that everyone can comment no matter how stupid
Old 06-01-2007, 03:20 AM   #70
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Yes.. and ultimately that which makes a car good on the track is at odds with what makes it a great road car.... the 2 settings are quite diverse and opposed with each other, those calling for a "track setting" as a base setting for the GT could ultimately determine its downfall as a mass produced performance vehicle, the notion of offering an OPTIONAL track setting kit makes far more sence than offering it as a dedicated model. HSV's sales of their R spec cars is testimount to the fact that it really is a very limited albiet vocal audiance.
That said however if the R kit makes it a better road AND track proposition at the same time then it shows FPV have been sitting on their hands for too long...
True, remember the Motor review of GTS vs GT, the Falcon (4-5 years older!) was rated the better grand tourer, MRC seemed to be a track weapon....
I would prefer to see the base GT model improved, as you mentioned, both on road and track, that won't happen with Orion just around the corner.

Last edited by Falc'man; 06-01-2007 at 03:34 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:26 AM   #71
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Are these the monotube shocks that the BF was supposed to get?
No, I believe the monotubes would be across the whole Falcon range, not just FPV. Hope you're right though, they're meant to be quite good.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:28 AM   #72
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 298pursuit
bout time
Ezekiel 25:17:
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is LAMINGE when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonspeed
you boys should leave 298 alone i thought the idea is that everyone can comment no matter how stupid
Computer, commence autodestruct sequence authorisation bonspeed alpha one gamma.
beep beep beep....working......

* with the appropriate appologies to Tarrantino & Roddenburry
Old 06-01-2007, 03:35 AM   #73
bonspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

your weird man
Old 06-01-2007, 03:35 AM   #74
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Are you his twin?
Old 06-01-2007, 03:45 AM   #75
bonspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no im his lover a lover of his pursuit that is
Old 06-01-2007, 07:44 AM   #76
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
I have never heard of anyone cooking their diff, but i did notice the cover plate on the BF diff has flutes for cooling where the ba diff doesn't.
Don Turner (Vice pesendet of the XR club of qld) has cooked his 3 or 4 times while at QR..... He has a Diff cooler now... Problem solved....

Problem is caused be the exhaust be very close to the diff center... the added heat from the exhaust (along with hi-po track work) is what causes the diff oil to boil

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 06-01-2007, 07:58 AM   #77
Falchoon

A "Track Pack" or "R-spec" or whatever marketing want to call it sounds good, but....doesn't it void your warranty hurtling around a race track? I'm sure I've read a fineprint clause stating this somewhere in the paperwork for my XR.

Also, does this "Track Pack" include a fix for the boiling diff syndrome as mentioned above? If not it's usefulness is pretty limited.

I love how Ford do stuff like this instead of fixing stuff that shouldn't be faulty in the first place (BA diff clunk, stalling XR8s, overheating F6 engine oil anyone). _
Old 06-01-2007, 08:15 AM   #78
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falchoon
A "Track Pack" or "R-spec" or whatever marketing want to call it sounds good, but....doesn't it void your warranty hurtling around a race track? I'm sure I've read a fineprint clause stating this somewhere in the paperwork for my XR.

Also, does this "Track Pack" include a fix for the boiling diff syndrome as mentioned above? If not it's usefulness is pretty limited.

I love how Ford do stuff like this instead of fixing stuff that shouldn't be faulty in the first place (BA diff clunk, stalling XR8s, overheating F6 engine oil anyone). _
All the very qustions that should be getting ask'd. :
If this thing is gonna be called TRACK PAC It better be warrented for exactly that. [but wont]

Remember the 02/03 GT getting spy'd on at the drag strips & then warrenty's getting canceled by Ford, & people running around covering there number plates.... What a feiasco!

You got a drive day thrown in with your new FPV car, then if you went & did a off street drag later & got sprung, goodby warrenty!!!
Seems all thats been forgotten now. :yeees:

That HSV thing? I dont know what its called, I think its a [track pac] Clubsport. I wonder if Holden are voiding warrentys if you go out for a club day & someone from Holden spots ya?? :evil_laug

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
Old 06-01-2007, 09:06 AM   #79
DougM

"Motorsport" usage DEFINATELY voids the warranty!!!! When my car was due for a diff replacement I took it to Eastern Creek for a few runs....They noticed some rubber in my wheel wells from the warm up pad.....They questioned it....I told them that as the car was booked in for the diff swap I did a burnout just to see what it would do....And I also told them to check their service records as the diff noise was a complaint I made on it's first service.!! They let it go but did warn me that if Ford's inspectors saw it they would not let it through under warranty.

As for the track options, well that's a good thing even if it is low volume...How often have you seen the mags test the low volume track special HSV's against the regular FPV's....Even tyres alone make a noticable difference to the HSV's lap times. Gives the other side bragging rights every time!!! Also look at the prodcution car racing. The HSV's are noticably faster than the FPV's....
Old 06-01-2007, 09:57 AM   #80
nb_351
building the xe...

Quote:
No sorry they are out of Mature at the moment, they do have a nice range of Cheddar and Edam though......

Phone 1800 KING ISLAND TURBO CHEESE (I know it is a long number but it is overseas..)

P.S. you can buy a six pack or two four packs joined at an angle.
Quote:
No you are wrong, it is all a conspiracy. The modular V8 and I6 are fully imported to a secret base at the bottom of Bass Strait. There is no development.
When the EA was released the DIVCT engine was sitting in boxes but Ford did not let us have them because Ford is actually owned by streetcommodores.com.au. They got the plans off ebay and have been making them in the same facility where the backward caps are built. They only let out slightly less knobbled ones every year to make us buy more. King island is actually the pile of turbos removed of every new falcon sold from 1988 to 2002. The is why the cheese is so good, they have lots of really small churns.
The BOSS v8 was not developed here either. It is actually a holographic simulator attached to clevos that was first found on the spaceship that one of our members landed on.
The reason why the BOSS has not changed in power is that after CAPA accidently sold FPV a flasher they refused to tell them how to use it so they are stuck with a generic tune.
The teams od research and development engineers that spend hundreds of thousands of man hours ensuring the products comply with about a zillion domestic and international standards are actually tafe students on work experience because we all know the REAL experts are the ones whacking one part they bought from supacheap onto another part they bought from fullysikfords'r'us and whinge and ***** when it breaks or is not light speed fully sik fast.

The $13k is just to make the balance sheet look good to Streetcommodore Anderson Touche Ross KPMG, the auditors.

You can buy BOSS engines direct from the secret base for $199 split over 4 easy payments of $80 but only if you buy now.

Phone 1800 IAM ARICER, their phones are standing by.

But wait there is more.

If you buy now you get another BOSS absolutely free.

I know this true because Happy Jack once had a beer with a guy who went out with a hairdresser that drinks at the same coffeshop as my cat.
is there a post of the year section? cause that takes it for sure...
i am still of the belief, along with many other people that there should be a "sprint" available... gt motor or more in standard shell, with the big brakes and designated lightweight rims...
Old 06-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #81
nb_351
building the xe...

i realise theres 2 posts there, but it has to beone of them...
Old 06-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #82
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Why, you are the same user after all.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #83
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I dont want to start a poo fight in this thread, but the T3 was not exactly a power house either.

And guys its not a new model, its an add on pack AFAIK.
Thats a valid point but the T cars were and still are one of the best touring/performance cars around because of their awesome chassis balance and im sure that you would agree its not all about the power figure, and remember "kilowatts sell cars, torque makes them go" not starting an arguement btw :
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 06-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #84
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056
Thats a valid point but the T cars were and still are one of the best touring/performance cars around because of their awesome chassis balance and im sure that you would agree its not all about the power figure, and remember "kilowatts sell cars, torque makes them go" not starting an arguement btw :
You took the bait there, hook line & sinker.

That post was to get the usual [but old] T3 V GT thing going. So I'll take the bait too..

We all know the T3 was & still is>>> The best high performance sedan Australia has ever produced. Street Machine 2002
Remember the GTHO? Well your getting close. Motor 2002
The greatest Falcon ever::Wheels 2002 :

Now come on lets GO!!! Flame suit on....he he he :togo:Joke

Old 06-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #85
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Easy, easy...
Old 06-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #86
1600GT

Ford honouring 'motorsport' warranties.... HA!!!

they dont honour their NORMAL warranties now, so why would they cover u for even more......... :
Old 06-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #87
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
The greatest Falcon ever::Wheels 2002 :

Now come on lets GO!!! Flame suit on....he he he :togo:
Yet the 2002 Wheels car of the year was a BA...

There is nothing wrong with the T3 infact it was one of Ford's best attempts to match the vehicle to some of their owners.

The most important difference between the T3 and every other car ever built is the optical index of the windscreen. It was optimised for use with only one eye although I have also heard that the drivers seat has an indent at shoulder level to make room for a large chip.

Srory, jsut bieng a bit sbutle...
Old 06-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #88
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

[QUOTE=flappist]Yet the 2002 Wheels car of the year was a BA...

So was the P76 & the 84 Camera So its in some great company... :

Old 06-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #89
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

There is nothing wrong with the T3 infact it was one of Ford's best attempts to match the vehicle to some of their owners.

The most important difference between the T3 and every other car ever built is the optical index of the windscreen. It was optimised for use with only one eye although I have also heard that the drivers seat has an indent at shoulder level to make room for a large chip.

Srory, jsut bieng a bit sbutle...
:hihi:

Old 06-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #90
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=sbutler]
Quote:

So was the P76 & the 84 Camera So its in some great company... :
Exactly, no credibility whatsoever, but you seem to think that their comments are gospel, or is it only the ones that support your personal jihad?
Closed Thread