Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-02-2006, 12:54 AM   #121
G&D PERFORMANCE
G&D Performance Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
Can you "flycut" into the stock pistons??
I have a manual and I love a lumpy idle - and my car barely see's below 2500rpm so really the bigger the cam the better.. lol :P

Another reason I want the compression kept the same is because im looking at bolting on a Vortech S trim blower later on down the track.. one of the main reasons I want a 'full' rebuild..

Will be almost time for another phone call I think.. Will have a budget to work with by April..
Depending on the stock pistons strength you can carefully flycut them a little.A built engine should have A/market pistons anyway.
I'd like to see a camshaft from Hell in it with the manual combo & make some real power.Only problem is that big cams & low compression = low cylinder pressure & a lack of engine efficiency especially at low engine speeds,you really need a combination using more compression with a larger cam.
G&D PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 01:02 AM   #122
stiddy
Banned

ok yep I follow..
a cam from hell sounds liek fun.. maybe i should just focus on one for now, the s/c is still a way off, was just thinking lower comp to make it easier in the future, but if its gonna make it a pig n/a, will just have it built properly n/a and re - address the compression issue when its time to go the forced induction route, its still a way off yet, but its on the books.. the rebuild will and I want it to happen in April/May..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #123
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Quote:
ok yep I follow..
a cam from hell sounds liek fun.. maybe i should just focus on one for now, the s/c is still a way off, was just thinking lower comp to make it easier in the future, but if its gonna make it a pig n/a, will just have it built properly n/a and re - address the compression issue when its time to go the forced induction route, its still a way off yet, but its on the books.. the rebuild will and I want it to happen in April/May..

I tell you what Stiddy, You wont be sorry if you let the G&D boys build your engine. They know their stuff.

It all comes done to how much money you have to spend.

Top quality parts will always cost money.....
As most people know there are always ways to cut corner's and save a buck. Been there done that.
And in the end I would have been better off spending the extra at the time...

Cheers...Kev

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 06:14 PM   #124
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I've got an manual, and now that we have another car in the family that car do highway miles, I'm up for a cam from hell!
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 06:24 PM   #125
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
I've got an manual, and now that we have another car in the family that car do highway miles, I'm up for a cam from hell!

Bring it on...

Dont forget to let me know when. Im just around the corner and brew a mean coffee...Or pour a drink of choice.

Kev

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :
Old 24-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #126
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_xr8_ute
I tell you what Stiddy, You wont be sorry if you let the G&D boys build your engine. They know their stuff.

It all comes done to how much money you have to spend.

Top quality parts will always cost money.....
As most people know there are always ways to cut corner's and save a buck. Been there done that.
And in the end I would have been better off spending the extra at the time...

Cheers...Kev
Thanks for that Kev, have spoken with Glenn from GnD over the past 3 days now..
just working out prices and whats actually can be done to the motor to around my budget...
Glenns got some big ideas.. more than I could of possibly thought about to be honest.. I think by the time hes finished it he wont let me have it back hahaha..

thanks...
Matt
Old 24-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #127
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
random says: whats been done to your car buddy?
DeathXR says: GnD cam from hell!
random says: so they do exist!?!?! *faints from disbelief*

makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside dosent it? LOL
Old 25-02-2006, 10:07 AM   #128
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Quote:
Thanks for that Kev, have spoken with Glenn from GnD over the past 3 days now..
just working out prices and whats actually can be done to the motor to around my budget...
Glenns got some big ideas.. more than I could of possibly thought about to be honest.. I think by the time hes finished it he wont let me have it back hahaha..

thanks...
Matt
They all have some serious issues down at G&D. :Up_to_som They are basicly one sick bunch of people when it comes to performance cars. :eclipsee_ If you have money and you want power LOOK OUT....

The thing you dont get to see is the GRIN Glenn gets on his face when you start talking more power.The more he tells you about what he can do the bigger the GRIN gets.
I can just imagine the grin now and how excited he would be talking to you about going sick on a I6.

They love there cars thats for sure.... :SaiyanSmi

Cheers .......... KEV

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?

Disclaimer :

Old 25-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #129
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_xr8_ute
They all have some serious issues down at G&D. :Up_to_som They are basicly one sick bunch of people when it comes to performance cars. :eclipsee_ If you have money and you want power LOOK OUT....

The thing you dont get to see is the GRIN Glenn gets on his face when you start talking more power.The more he tells you about what he can do the bigger the GRIN gets.
I can just imagine the grin now and how excited he would be talking to you about going sick on a I6.

They love there cars thats for sure.... :SaiyanSmi

Cheers .......... KEV

That would explain Glenn's expression at Heathcote.. Looked like someone had botox'ed his face into a mega Joker grin :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 12:49 PM   #130
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
That would explain Glenn's expression at Heathcote.. Looked like someone had botox'ed his face into a mega Joker grin :
One thing about Glenn he always is smiling, never stops, even when he is p#ssed off he is still smilling....the smiling assassin on the race track _2:

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #131
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
One thing about Glenn he always is smiling, never stops, even when he is p#ssed off he is still smilling....the smiling assassin on the race track _2:
I reckon the day he fired that rotten TT ute of his up he fractured his lower jaw bone : : one "SICK PUPPY" for sure :Reverend: :Reverend:

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 11:35 PM   #132
G&D PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyB
Thanks for the reply, given that I will not be getting the car until the end of the financial year (fathers old company car) there may have been some more development work done on the VCT engine. If not, then given I am quite close to G&D geographically I will be happy for them to do some R&D when the time comes. I am hoping for around 150rwkw from an AU1 5 Speed XR6 VCT, so hopefully this is possible without a cam change (are there even change over cams?), or head work.
G&D VCT cams are ready to go.
Old 28-02-2006, 03:17 AM   #133
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&D PERFORMANCE
spot on Kev,the box is $595 plus $66 fitting.Of course we'll work Sat for the Ford brigade.

cheers
: Get one of those boxes ready Glenn i'll be in for in about 6 weeks
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 09:15 AM   #134
G&D PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RspecAU
: Get one of those boxes ready Glenn i'll be in for in about 6 weeks
Consider it done mate
Old 28-02-2006, 09:19 PM   #135
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

For anyone interested In getting a flash tune, G&D are running a special offer for the Month of March....More info under the sponsors section.

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?