Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
Modmyxr8
Iregular Member

Default Exhaust Issue

I was wanting to get a new exhaust for my series3 xr8 & I was after a twin 2 & a half. I've already got Pacemaker 4 in to 1s & two hi-flow magnaflow cats. I was under the impression from info on this Forum that If I was to do this I would need a custom tune. I rang my local Ford dealership & they said that it wasn't necessary the E.C.U would adjust, Is this true? I was just worried if I didn't it might lean out or worse? Who is right?

Modmyxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just take the terminals off the battery for say and hour and then re connect em, it will reset the ecu

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I have twin 2.5" system on my XR8 (220) and no tune. It works well (bit doughy under 2000rpm, but then comes on song in a big way); will squeal the tyres on a 4 to 2 downshift at 60 (auto) - bit unexpected first time it happened, so now I just downshift manually with no throttle, then nail it, and it just rockets off.

But you can either do an ECU reset and force the learning process, or it will do it anyway over the course of a few days driving. Might idle funny after the ECU reset, but that's just because it's learning and has to build the fuel maps and trims as it goes.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
Modmyxr8
Iregular Member

Any manuals out there that have done the same as JC? Appreciate the advice dont wanna hurt my ride.
Modmyxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post