Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #271
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: HSV GTS LSA lettuce tomato & special sauce on a sesame seed bun

I saw a Holden Cruise today with the same headlights... now when I look at the GTS all I see is that buzz box...
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 15-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #272
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah the LSA is intercooled. Water to air in the centre of the V
Old 15-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #273
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A couple of points...
That rear end looks like an average family mid size, to which some try hard has added flared wheel arches and a few badges. Very poor. Too tall and skinny.

On a second note- the LSA uses the 1.9L Eaton TVS where the GS/GT uses the 2.3L. Anyone want to comment on that?
Old 15-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #274
Bossxr8
Peter Car

My god, could they have made the rear end look any worse. That ****y little wing is good for a laugh. Front ends no looker either.

I think they have fitted such a powerful engine to the GTS so that people following have to look at the damn thing's rear, maybe its some sort of inside joke.

In every category FPV compete in they still have the biggest stick, they do not have a competitor for the GTS, its in a different price range that FPV does not have a model for. Thing is with FPV deliberately downrating their actual engine power they have left themselves open to now looking like they are underpowered. Get out the 375 badges and admit it was a mistake now.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #275
Motorbreath310

What.....what have they done?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/231011/h...y-model-guide/
Old 15-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #276
f6 boss

Quote:
the LSA uses the 1.9L Eaton TVS where the GS/GT uses the 2.3L. Anyone want to comment on that?
wrong, the GS and GT use the 1.9L...

2013 shelby gt500 uses 2.3L
C6 Zr1 uses 2.3L
WP upgrade new supercharge for the E1-E3 hsv is 2.3L for the LS3
Old 15-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #277
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks are irrelevant to the typical HSV buyer, they will sell like hotcakes regardless, if HSV released a car that looked like the AU Series 1 it would still sell and recieve advantageous reviews. 90% of HSV's market are the die hards, everyone must know at least one person that has bought a brand new HSV, ask them if they looked at any other cars on the market or if they even wen't for a test drive in a FPV.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
This user likes this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #278
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

In every category FPV compete in they still have the biggest stick, they do not have a competitor for the GTS, its in a different price range that FPV does not have a model for. Thing is with FPV deliberately downrating their actual engine power they have left themselves open to now looking like they are underpowered. Get out the 375 badges and admit it was a mistake now.
You are correct ...... many will be comparing this to a GT. The Clubsport is the pricing equivalent ..... not the GTS. This is (cheaper) Euro price bracket, the GT is near on $20,000 cheaper. The main stream HSV models are still N/A with the same power as the VE.

Also, this the new HSV, playing catch up and leap frogging FPV as they should. Then its FPV's turn and with an average of 370kw's sitting at the flywheel already ..... no way will an FPV need to be $100,000 plus. Give it 12 months and see what happens. FPV has a trump card for sure ....

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #279
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
I bet you those pre sales were from those that only saw the Photoshops and not the real thing.

I see where they were trying to go with this...
2011 Audi A4 2.7 TDI - gone
2012 Audi A5 3.0 Quattro Coupe - gone
2007 FPV GT - gone
1996 EFII Fairmont Ghia - gone
Old 15-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #280
05_ENFORCER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.4 GT View Post

I would put something into every port in that rear end, unlike the ugly fat HSV *****

Old 15-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #281
Ibanezteve
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

If that's where they were trying to go, then it was an epic fail on their behalf!
3 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #282
05_ENFORCER

Quote:

The old motor vehicle designer (I can't think of anything new myself) but I can cut and paste excuse?

Old 15-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #283
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Meaner
I wish people who made those lame 'motivational' posters would check their spelling before they shared it with the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
I would say that some are missing the point of a bit of light hearted humour ........

....... something that was not lost by the head designers at HSV, obviously
I think Mr_Meaner was having a go at your grammar mate. Just a little tongue in cheek in that if you're having a go at Holden for Failing, you should be failing yourself!

Old 16-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #284
FPV_Steve
Livin Life in the F6 Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath310 View Post
The only thing I like about the GTS is the apparent 6-piston brake calipers all round as standard. Although, with a $100k pricetag, you would be expecting something like this!!

Old 16-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #285
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

So much electro fluff I remain astounded that bloody kiwi remembered it all. Aside from his accent, old murthy actually did a good job of taking us through the gts features.

It is undeniably fully loaded. A bloated faecal log, wrapped up in, well, a faecal log.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 16-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #286
gtfpv
GT

I'n all serious . I like it .
some of the things i would like to say . the base 317 clubbie is a fair deal and a good looker . the clubsport R , with it's 325 kw err , i think most people will have the 340 option , looks ok and competes with the GT/GTP . but the GT WILL OUTGUN THEM , which leaves looks and tech to compare . so i think the clubsport r'spec will be comfortable for a holden die hard fan knowing his car is mor modern and techo than an FPV , even though the fpv will spank it .
THE GTS nice car , better than an fpv , pricier too , specs galore . one must ponder though , this much power is just not usable at all , i'ts over powered . it would be like having JENNIFER HAWKENS WITH THE LIGHTS OUT AND UNDER THE BLANKETS .
all the technology and user adjustments have me a little worried , imagine buying a 7 year old one , and wondering if the suspension adjustments on the knob are actually working as they should , or imagine how many things may need fixing , and are they fixable .
ALL IN ALL THOUGH . they have done it , and it is there . it's ashame moist of the time it will be under blankets with the lights off - ( driving at 80kph )
Old 16-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #287
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
I think this beats it!!

Old 16-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #288
Motorbreath310

It's starting to grow on me, but I look at that **** and wonder why there isn't an AWD turbo Mazda 6 that looks like that. It's okay as a car, but as an HSV it'll take some getting used to. Hard to imagine a V8 sound coming from it.

Wonder what the premium will be for base Clubby and Maloo? I see it as a clever scheme to win over SSV buyers with the badge. Not much else going for them over SSV in my eyes.

Overrall though, good on Holden and HSV for their efforts. 95k for a large sedan with 430 (gm) kilowatts, and all that tech. And for even daring to change their styling direction to better suit current buyers tastes. Perhaps people stopped buying large sedans because they looked like large sedans. Good on them for all their marketing efforts too. The puzzle game, the virtual builder on their website, all the youtube videos. Surely it doesn't cost that much to do?

Makes me pretty peeved off at Ford, really. Why don't they do this? Holden and HSV seemingly allow their buyers, and aspirational dreamers to always have some kind of exposure or interaction with their products. What did Ford give us? Oh yeah, we got to watch Will Davison drive to Bathurst....*yawn*

Ford could come out with a better product (like they did with FG) and repeat the sales nightmare all over again because they refused to advertise it. It's as if their marketing department is full of hipsters that believe advertising is too "mainstream" and they'd rather rely on the opinions of forum experts to sell cars.
Old 16-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #289
Danny
GT4.

The new Daft Punk album release this week was heaps better
3 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #290
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

In terms of exterior styling FPV have a more understated tone, while HSV is glaringly overstated, especially when you park next to an E3 it becomes very obvious. Some like this... but I prefer not to stick out like huge dogs balls... just the little refined ones

I will concede the VF GTS interior floats my boat. Has stuff I miss like suede dash highlights etc which would have been nice in the FPV range, but the $30k+ price difference probably answers my own question.

If a $100, 000 GTS can only shave 0.5 seconds off what an F6 does 0 - 100km/h in with those power figures I don't quite know what to think of this "hero lsa motor".
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 16-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #291
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Everyone is assuming that it is hugely quicker than a GT R-Spec.
I suggest waiting until there are actual runs on tracks.

There is more than one precedent for a big badge being eaten by a little badge. Talking the talk is not walking the walk.

As far as the whole "FPV are screwed" mentality. Historically most who tend towards such hyperbole buy just as many new HSVs as that have bought new FPVs, a number by which you cannot divide. The GT-Rspec did not outsell Camry or Mazda 3 despite it being he fastest Australian production model ever.
I suspect neither HSV nor FPV are all that concerned.

I believe there are some extremely good points to this car.

Firstly, FPV can now badge up to over 400kw without drawing the usual crabs.
Secondly, HSV will now take the focus of the car haters, school kids, bar stool racers and bogans away from Ford.
Thirdly, it raises the bar. How can that be a bad thing?

It is interesting to note the difference between HSV and FPV as far as product range.

FPV are conservative and linear with gradual improvements and long running technology. Even The GT-Rspec is just a slight upgrade over a GT using almost all the same components.

HSV lash out in all directions with short lived expensive hero cars featuring unique components only to sell a small number and then discontinue them relying on the bread and butter models to make up the bulk.
Look at the GTS-R, GTS C4B, GTS Coupe, Coupe 4 and W427. All very expensive, all way ahead of the pack and all rare as rocking horse poop as hardly anyone actually bought one.

I look forward to seeing new F series HSVs on the roads and at the track.....
3 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #292
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6 boss View Post
wrong, the GS and GT use the 1.9L...

2013 shelby gt500 uses 2.3L
C6 Zr1 uses 2.3L
WP upgrade new supercharge for the E1-E3 hsv is 2.3L for the LS3
Oops! right you are! Not sure how I mixed that one up :\

I guess the point remains valid though- since both use a 1.9L supercharger and that is the means by which the engines sucks in air, they both have very similar power potential...
Old 16-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #293
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab View Post
I love the new look HSV's.
FPV are screwed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
3 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #294
Rodge
Banned

I wonder how W427 owners are now feeling about the "investment value" of their car, remember how hard HSV pushed the investment / collectability side of things in their marketing ?
Old 16-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #295
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

They will still be a highly collectable car. The power output isn't what made them special. How many of them were made?
Old 16-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #296
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
I wonder how W427 owners are now feeling about the "investment value" of their car, remember how hard HSV pushed the investment / collectability side of things in their marketing ?
Talk about a car being relegated to who-really-cares-land, W427 is obviously a great package but too expensive for most buyers.......

For me the real battle begins with entry spec Clubsport attracting more lapsed HSV buyers back into new vehicles,
This is something I feel that FPV should be managing better with GS and maybe short run XR8 Limited specials....

Just to clarify, GT has limited Cobra specials, so why not pair GS with limited FPV XR8 runs too?
It's marketing fluff but I think it helps keep the products fresher by cycling names..

Last edited by jpd80; 16-05-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 16-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #297
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It will be interesting to see how Ford/FPV respond to this.

I don't think they'll do much, if anything, as FGII doesn't have long to go until it's replaced.

I don't think Ford's marketing is as good as the product.
Old 16-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #298
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I liek fawds so this car is automatically uglee lawl

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #299
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
I think Mr_Meaner was having a go at your grammar mate. Just a little tongue in cheek in that if you're having a go at Holden for Failing, you should be failing yourself!

Actually didn't quote that post nor was directly referring to that post. As far as grammar goes, yep, should be strung up and whipped using a wet fish with the correct grammar being written on a blackboard 1000 times to the tunes of the Simpsons ..... But let's not get side tracked from the topic and that is the Holden designers have an accute sense of humour. More so than some others appear to have.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #300
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Pics of whipping with wet fish ???

http://youtu.be/sjIYJ02h6qc
Closed Thread