Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #241
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FPV GTF Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
So what does that hell does your F6 have to do with GT-F pricing? Did you read the thread title?

The thread posed the question will the GT-F be a future collectible with big dollars.

My response being, no, as is just isn't as desireable to alot of people in todays market. Diving down the road it doesn't evoke any huge reaction or desire to own it execept maybe for a few enthusiasts.

All the guys at my work know I own a XY GT and XA GT, I sometime drive one in, everyone loves them. I usually spend a few hours showing the cars to people, some young some old, men, women, they have a very broad appeal.

I drive in my BF GT and no one bats an eye lid, I may as well have rolled up in a Camry.

I mention the S/C GT or R-Spec, GT-F....everyone just looks at me blankly. No-one cares.

It's an observation, like it or not, it is pertinent to the topic. The GT-F has no broad appeal and that will hurt any long term value.
Stefan, you might find the reactions will be different if you drive in to work in 40 years time when your XA is 80 yo and your BF is 40 years old!

By then, the BF/FG will be as rare and unique on Aussie roads as your XY/XA is today.

If you went back in time 40 years and took your XY/XA to work I bet you your workmates wouldn't bat an eyelid then either as they would be too similar to the thousands of other cars and taxis on the road at that time.
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #242
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
So what does that hell does your F6 have to do with GT-F pricing? Did you read the thread title?

The thread posed the question will the GT-F be a future collectible with big dollars.

My response being, no, as is just isn't as desireable to alot of people in todays market. Diving down the road it doesn't evoke any huge reaction or desire to own it execept maybe for a few enthusiasts.

All the guys at my work know I own a XY GT and XA GT, I sometime drive one in, everyone loves them. I usually spend a few hours showing the cars to people, some young some old, men, women, they have a very broad appeal.

I drive in my BF GT and no one bats an eye lid, I may as well have rolled up in a Camry.

I mention the S/C GT or R-Spec, GT-F....everyone just looks at me blankly. No-one cares.

It's an observation, like it or not, it is pertinent to the topic. The GT-F has no broad appeal and that will hurt any long term value.
Mattttttttttttttteee you sound like you need a jar of jealousy remover....
Mine is lowly Pursuit and I still get comments and thumbs up all the time.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #243
AD07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Mattttttttttttttteee you sound like you need a jar of jealousy remover....
Mine is lowly Pursuit and I still get comments and thumbs up all the time.
No.....as I read it, he is just stating the facts.
AD07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #244
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unhappy Re: FPV GTF Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-GTF View Post
Stefan, you might find the reactions will be different if you drive in to work in 40 years time when your XA is 80 yo and your BF is 40 years old!

By then, the BF/FG will be as rare and unique on Aussie roads as your XY/XA is today.

If you went back in time 40 years and took your XY/XA to work I bet you your workmates wouldn't bat an eyelid then either as they would be too similar to the thousands of other cars and taxis on the road at that time.
Yep fair call mate on a few levels

I might still have to work when I'm 80...

But yes a BF may be very cool in 2050.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #245
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:

Good that blanket statements dont find themselves in your posts. So you and your circle of people dont care for modern GT's, that must automatically warrant your last statement.

I tell you right now that most people I know couldnt care less for a XY GT. A rust bucket or relic are terms of endearment showered towards them. Mention a GTF or Miami, and they are all ears! The love the new motors and cars. Actually, mention the letters G & T, and they are all aware of the BA GT onwards. Nothing before that really. The only GT's count for nothing (to them).

Can I make a statement that the XY/XA has no broad appeal besides to a generation that are all heading into retirement and soon to be fertilizer?
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2014, 05:32 PM   #246
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Stefan, why the aggression?

I find it a bit hypocritical you having a go at me for referencing the F6, when you were the one to bring up C63, M3, M5 and RS cars, none of which are Aussie cars.
"What the hell do they have to do with GTF pricing. Did you read the thread title?" could be repeated back to yourself

The F6 is at least an FPV and an FG, and your post was first directed at GTF but also was a slant against modern FPVs, falcons and "taxis". An F6 is a lot closer in relationship to the GTF when compared with the Euro models you referenced.

I am one of your supposed "nostalgic cashed up enthusiasts that paid up big" (your post was filled with many derogatory references and comments such as this) as i also own a GTF, so I feel i am also in a position to provide my opinion. We have differing opinions, that's ok, its a forum, there is no need for agro.

If my GTF has squared up against one of the Euro models that you're so impressed with, I would have used that as a more direct example. However as i have raced my stock F6 (12.7) alongside a presumably stock C63 (12.9) at the drags, it was a genuine and real example of modern FPVs being at least equivalent in performance to the cars you mentioned. And prior to GTF & RSPEC, the F6 was the fastest FPV so i thought it was quite relevant.

Quote:
The GT-F has no broad appeal and that will hurt any long term value.
This is not fact, this is your opinion

I like your car (assuming it from your avatar), and well done for owning old and new GTs, but I have no time for this small minded internal New/Old GT carry on, (OLD GT AUTHENTIC, modern PLASTIC GT rubbish). I read it here and there in this forum and hear about it from time to time, and I'm amazed how petty some Ford fans can be.

There are enough Holden guys that hate on Falcons, then there are Euro/Jap car fans that hate on Aussie cars, then there is the general public and media hating on performance car enthusiasts.

Lets stick together.

I like the classic GTs, I love the modern ones.

There is 2 years left on the Falcon's life, so we really don't need inter Ford fan sniping and trolling. Let's enjoy them all
responsef6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2014, 07:21 PM   #247
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You nailed it response, far too much ford hate for a ford forum.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2014, 07:19 AM   #248
Lunch
Wait, what?

Just looked at gtf's on carsales, why the eff do people buy cars, have them for 75kms then sell them? Thats like driving to work and back 3 times, i guess if you're driving a $100k+ falcon to work you'd probably prefer the helicopter
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #249
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

485 bought them to enjoy them, and 15 wanted to profit from enthusiasts, and therefore haven driven them ( just delivery kms mostly) to maximise their resale value.

Don't agree with it myself, but there has always been trading in high demand commodities from people looking to make a buck, so nothing new
Old 13-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #250
GT014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
Just looked at gtf's on carsales, why the eff do people buy cars, have them for 75kms then sell them? Thats like driving to work and back 3 times, i guess if you're driving a $100k+ falcon to work you'd probably prefer the helicopter

As stated, they are in it for a quick buck. Best thing is it has backfired on them, been watching them for a wile, no one is paying their prices, and they keep dropping them. Greedy $&@!!!!
Old 13-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #251
Lunch
Wait, what?

Forgive my ignorance but ive not looked at the price of an fpv gtf or any car of that ilk cos theyre outside my price range until this am, im seeing $70k ish for brand new, how the hell does 1 of the car dealers on carsales expect to get $124k?
Old 13-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #252
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT014 View Post
As stated, they are in it for a quick buck. Best thing is it has backfired on them, been watching them for a wile, no one is paying their prices, and they keep dropping them. Greedy $&@!!!!
Yep. There's 14 of them for sale on Carsales this morning. Hardly a limited supply, just dreamers who thought they could cash in on the hype.

I've a 2013 GT but a new XR8 would have more appeal to me than the GT or GT-F.

I'd love a F6, a real icon too as it has an Oz built engine
Old 13-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #253
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's not all bad having high priced GTFs in car sales.

I was supposed to sell my f6 because I bought my gtf. Showed my wife all the gtf prices on carsales, told her how good an investment it was, then told her the f6 is the next big thing to appreciate over the coming years.

Got to keep my F6 as well as my daily. Score!

Values growing is partially true. When I started advertising my f6 4 months ago there were a few F6 sedans (in WA) that were in the high 20s and at least 8 under 35k.
Now the lowest priced f6 sedan in WA is 39k, and listings are drying up big time as people are buying them up, deciding to keep them or removing them from the market (like me).

I had a buyer lined up for my f6 and at the last minute the wife agreed to keep it. I apologised to the buyer and he told me he'd tried to buy 3 fpvs (f6 and gt) in the last 2 months and each time the buyer withdrew the car from sale

So back on topic, gtf, f6 and fpvs overall will gradually grow in value as every year ticks on. People don't know what they've got until its gone
Old 13-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #254
Lunch
Wait, what?

Best apply that logic to my missus, might score myself a gt falc
Old 13-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #255
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IMO the f6 will be the king in desirability. Not many stock low km f6s around so they are rare and arguably a much better car than any late model GT.

Definitely the one to keep.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #256
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If the Australian economy is moving towards a downward trend as recent media reports would have us believe then the price of second hand high price cars and goods will fall.

When there is uncertainty and less money to spend, the cheaper variations hold their value better as they become the favoured target.

There are of course always exceptions to the rule but exceptions won’t impact on the overall decline.

Prices will possibly increase again when times prosper, though history does show the price of collectables does take a long time to mature and even though their price often becomes greater than their original cost at the time of release, for most this increased price isn’t significant when compared to the price of current new products.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #257
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think Stefan is probably correct because we both obviously lived through the 60s/70s and appreciate the cars of the era, However I was not lucky enough to keep the cars I bought then and still have that car of today, but I will keep my BF as long as possible.
Both old and newer GTs will have a place in the hearts of future motorists , it's just that those who really appreciate the older vehicles are a dying breed and todays youth prefer anything that's on XBox.
F6s maybe the next future big thing ,but me personally , i prefer XT GT because it was first , XW( any GT)and XA GTcoupe ( always loved them both )and BF GT (because i own one ). I am am an old fart and have passion for anything with 8 cylinders , i like backing off and having the compression slow me down, but before i get burnt this is just my opinion and if I could own Stefans XA and my BF I woukd be a very happy man indeed.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #258
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Well I can assure you all no one has accidentally tried to wave me down for fare...
3 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #259
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

It's funny how the taxi tag has been thrown around as only a late model Falcon thing (and somehow attached to FPVs too). In the 70s, what cars were used as police cars, cabs etc? That's right - falcons, chargers, monaros etc so your classic GT is as much in the cab mold as any of the newer stuff.

Classic GTs are where we get the heritage from, but for me, a late model GT is the way to go - more performance, more safety, more security, more reliability, easier to modify and new (ish)! Would I take an old GT - sure, but I'd prefer it with new running gear and mod cons etc , which is probably a bit sacrilegious, so best to keep them away from me, I reckon.

Kypez - you're a funny bloke (of the humour kind of funny!)
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #260
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Well I can assure you all no one has accidentally tried to wave me down for fare...
I would wave you down

drop a skid ****
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #261
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
In the 70s I bet a GT or GTHO stood out amongst the base model falcons or Kingswoods.
Quote:

I drive in my BF GT and no one bats an eye lid,
Having been a product of the 60's and 70's I can tell you that back then it was like..............

"Oh look, there's one of the new GT Falcon's"

Compared to....

"Wow! Did you see that '57 Chev/Customline."

Back then they were a car to win Bathurst for Ford fans, but '57 Chevies or Cusso's got all the attention.
Old 13-12-2014, 06:17 PM   #262
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dudes need to chill a little in this thread

have two brothers with GT Fs, haven't caught up with them yet, its all good though

no internertz hysteria

no bs
Old 13-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #263
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
It's funny how the taxi tag has been thrown around as only a late model Falcon thing (and somehow attached to FPVs too). In the 70s, what cars were used as police cars, cabs etc? That's right - falcons, chargers, monaros etc so your classic GT is as much in the cab mold as any of the newer stuff.

Classic GTs are where we get the heritage from, but for me, a late model GT is the way to go - more performance, more safety, more security, more reliability, easier to modify and new (ish)! Would I take an old GT - sure, but I'd prefer it with new running gear and mod cons etc , which is probably a bit sacrilegious, so best to keep them away from me, I reckon.

Kypez - you're a funny bloke (of the humour kind of funny!)
No word of a lie, when I had my first service on my BF GT I wanted a few fit an finish items rectified, the service manager came out looked at the issues and said " mate, you realize this thing rolled down the same production line as s taxi"

I said "no worries just give me a 30k refund and I'll be on my way and live with the faults"

Was at brad garlick ford
Old 13-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #264
CQB-241
Car tragic

Quote:
No word of a lie, when I had my first service on my BF GT I wanted a few fit an finish items rectified, the service manager came out looked at the issues and said " mate, you realize this thing rolled down the same production line as s taxi"
I said "no worries just give me a 30k refund and I'll be on my way and live with the faults"
Most customers have 1 mouth and at least 10 friends. Never understood people in service industries who don't understand that you treat customers nicely and keep them feeling good about their purchases after the sale is done.
CQB-241 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #265
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Was at brad garlick ford
what fit and finish items are you sooking about

my first service was boiling diff oil

and

cracked a windscreen dropping skids out of warranty

where do I let my tears flow???
Old 13-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #266
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some mark on the rear window....still there..no refund, not fixed.....

character mark.....how do you crack a windscreen doing skids?
Old 13-12-2014, 10:28 PM   #267
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Some mark on the rear window....still there..no refund, not fixed.....

character mark.....how do you crack a windscreen doing skids?
limiter dumps

#thuglyfbro
Old 13-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #268
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQB-241 View Post
Most customers have 1 mouth and at least 10 friends. Never understood people in service industries who don't understand that you treat customers nicely and keep them feeling good about their purchases after the sale is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan

Was at brad garlick ford
Not sure who the Manager was you spoke to but I've been going to Brad Garlick's for 12 years now without issue. They have been really good to me and have corrected every fault (not that I've had a lot) and bent over backwards to help me.

Whats the old saying... you get what you give?!
Old 14-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #269
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Not sure who the Manager was you spoke to but I've been going to Brad Garlick's for 12 years now without issue. They have been really good to me and have corrected every fault (not that I've had a lot) and bent over backwards to help me.

Whats the old saying... you get what you give?!
You're probably easily please, who knows? BGs have consistently bad reviews and pretty much suck balls in customer service.
Old 14-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #270
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
You're probably easily please, who knows? BGs have consistently bad reviews and pretty much suck balls in customer service.
You do like blanket statements, don't you...