Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Default Advice needed - Coolant flush

Hi everyone,

I'm no mechanical expert when it comes to cars so where better than this forum to ask for some advice.

I got my car serviced at a well known dealer today and specified a coolant flush. When picking my car up, I was told that sometimes there can be 'air pockets' and for me to check my coolant level and if it has dropped, to top up with distilled water. Does this sound right? Wouldn't part of the coolant flush procedure involve bleeding out any air pockets? Sure enough, I just went out to check my reservoir and there's hardly any coolant in there. To tell you the truth, the reservoir doesn't look any different to before today's coolant flush.

Should I top it up with distilled water?

1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post