Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Perth Falcons

Old 08-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
DANGERXY
XW GT '70, BFII GT-P 302

Default Good Perth ford dealers (services)

Gday guys looking for a good ford dealer in perth to do all of my servicing for my new car, are any heaps better than others, its a GTP so am i better going to a FPV dealer?

anyone recomendations

cheers

DANGERXY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
myxr6
Banned

Try asking on here.
http://www.fpvtickfordclubwa.com.au/forums/index.php
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 08:15 AM   #3
Elmo
Perth Falcons Admin

Well I've used McInerney Ford and all they seem to do is spill oil all over your engine, then turn about an say oh that must have been the apprentice as they didn't bother to try and clean it up and they are a FPV dealership and I've also used Range Ford, out of these two I'd use Range Ford, their staff at the service desk are alot friendlier and they seem to be more efficient, I've got not complaints about the quality of workmanship so far either, only thing though they're not a FPV Dealer.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
RAPIDBILL
Shaken not Stirred

I have used McInerney's now on several occasions and had no issues at all, friendly service and I have been more than happy with the work.
RAPIDBILL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 11:46 AM   #5
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Centre Ford. Never had an issue with them.
(well, like anything, I've had small issues, but they are alway sorted out the way I wanted)
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2008, 08:52 PM   #6
blueprinted_xr
FPV F6E FG XR8 UTE EL XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
Centre Ford. Never had an issue with them.
(well, like anything, I've had small issues, but they are alway sorted out the way I wanted)

DO NOT USE PARK FORD! they "Forgot" to replace apower steering pipe hose with caused my old car to catch fire and become written off
blueprinted_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #7
NEEDspeed

Used Midway for a couple of times, I liked their clean, open and very professional service area and their knowledgable staff were efficient.
Its all you could ask for in a dealer service I guess. My car came back washed, vacuumed and feeling good.

Blueprint 2003 XR6. Forged internals 10.8cr engine.
NEEDspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #8
FUSIONXM

Wouldnt go past McInerny Ford great service, very friendly, and most importantly they know what they're doing, also the new car sales are not pushy
and the service department will go the extra mile
FUSIONXM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2008, 02:28 AM   #9
congo t3
T3 TE50 Congo Green

i get my TE50 T3 serviced by a mini mechanic here in Perth. Hang on. Before you think i am mad, he is a passonate car lover and owns Fords himself, with windsors in them. He also races cars and knows what he is doing. I wont take my cars to a Ford Dealer again.
congo t3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2008, 02:29 AM   #10
congo t3
T3 TE50 Congo Green

Thats my position and oi am sure that Ford Dealerships are different from one to the other but that is my opinion.
congo t3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #11
seduced_xr
BF XR6

im still using park ford. the old man is a creature of habit.. i cant get him out of it.. im loving the complimentary scratches where they slam my bonnet with the keys in hand
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 06:17 AM   #12
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by seduced_xr
im still using park ford. the old man is a creature of habit.. i cant get him out of it.. im loving the complimentary scratches where they slam my bonnet with the keys in hand
HA HA, I rang them chasing parts for my EL GT "Whats an EL GT?" I hung up straightaway :
ELGT4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #13
geraldbb
Ex Ford Engineer

I have had good service from McInerney Ford, always.

Titan Ford, average. They booked my vehicle in for various repairs, and then returned it half done stating they were incapable of several of my requests. Appreciated their honesty at least.

Centre Ford in Northbridge, appalling lack of ford knowledge, they will simply change parts, at your expense, until they happen to find the problem. I wouldn't dream of using them for anything but parts, ever. I have written letters to Ford FCSD (Customer Service Division), they are simply that bad.

Best regards,

Gerald.
geraldbb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2008, 02:25 PM   #14
DANGERXY
XW GT '70, BFII GT-P 302

is the McInerny Ford service centre the one at the dealer, or the one in belmont on aberneathy rd?
DANGERXY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #15
geraldbb
Ex Ford Engineer

At the dealer, Walter Rd Morley.
geraldbb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #16
fastbaja5b
Starter Motor

I wouldn';t go back to Range Ford if you paid me, bought 2 cars there in the last 18 mths, an AU3 Fairmont for $12k and a BA 2 Fairmont for $21k, went to look at downsizing the AU after having it 6 months and done a whole 2000km, they offered $3000 trade in on it?

!
Old 28-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #17
TSERIES
THE WORLD IS FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldbb
I have had good service from McInerney Ford, always.

Titan Ford, average. They booked my vehicle in for various repairs, and then returned it half done stating they were incapable of several of my requests. Appreciated their honesty at least.

Centre Ford in Northbridge, appalling lack of ford knowledge, they will simply change parts, at your expense, until they happen to find the problem. I wouldn't dream of using them for anything but parts, ever. I have written letters to Ford FCSD (Customer Service Division), they are simply that bad.

Best regards,

Gerald.
agree with your comments on centre ford they are a bunch of have no idea of what there doing and it costs the customer i have also written numerous complaints to FCSD in regards to there shoddy service and lack of product knowleadge .

i use lynford motors now the workshop manager is on the ball and def knows what he is doing BUT like all ford dealerships you get the complementry bumper grazing and greasy hand prints .

i try to steer away from ford dealerships unless absoultley neccessary

cheers
Old 28-11-2008, 06:59 PM   #18
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbaja5b
I wouldn';t go back to Range Ford if you paid me, bought 2 cars there in the last 18 mths, an AU3 Fairmont for $12k and a BA 2 Fairmont for $21k, went to look at downsizing the AU after having it 6 months and done a whole 2000km, they offered $3000 trade in on it?

!
And that's the service departments fault? After all, that is what the thread is about.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 06:56 AM   #19
FPV0137

my uncle takes his 01 mustang to the one in northbridge
never has it come back with oil all over it or scratches ect
he only takes it for servicing tho
i can almost garantee you if he got his stang back in the condition you guys keep saying your getting, blood will be spilt:P
FPV0137 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #20
gassedxf
Starter Motor

hey people i have tacken my ba to titan ford since i bought it and had nothing but service and excuses it went in for hi fuel consumption and running out of fuel with 100+ks on dte they Reset the instrument cluster 4 times and said they had fixed it and 2 weeks later it ran out with 200k dte it waset untill i went ballistic at people (something i dont like doing) that anything changed , i got the car back with blue paint all over the front bumper i went in and was told it must of been there to wich i replied "like " when i drove out the back i saw the blue drum they had run into so i went back and showed the service manager who then changed his tune . My car has been back for gearbox concerns fuel consumption , wind noise so many times in the warrenty period that i think they did more ks than me and never replaced a drop of fuel that they used and the gearbox is still stuffed and the peice of drinks fuel in general i wouldnot on the joint if it was on fire
gassedxf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #21
TRUBLU4DS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Over the years i have used Lane Ford, Titan Ford, Centre Ford &
McInerny's for servicing / warranty repairs. I would rate them in
the above order after my service adviser from Titans,Steve Lord
became Service Manager at Lane Ford. I leave bugger all fuel in
my car when i put it in to the dealer & tell them not to test drive
it without me!

Also with an FPV it's cheaper to go & buy your 6litres of Castrol,
Mobil (or whatever your favourite oil is ) from Auto1,Supercheap,
Repco or Coventry's. Your Ford dealer will charge you $130+ for
oil worth $80 in one of the above auto shops.

In the end everybody has a horror story about dealer service just
make sure you state that they dont replace ANYTHING without your approval.

I also recommend that you tell them not to wash your car after the
service, this job usually gets handed to an apprentice!

Last edited by TRUBLU4DS; 24-02-2009 at 05:10 PM.
TRUBLU4DS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #22
BAxlsUTE

Mmm I'm weary of Range Ford - they tried to fob me off on an intermittent electrical problem by saying that a BEM fuse was "missing" and gave the impression that if there are no error codes there are no problems.
BAxlsUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #23
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Centre Ford are useless, I had my car 'serviced' by them twice and I will never go back to them again. They didnt replace the spark plugs or the fuel filter at the 100K service like you are supposed to, and at the service before that when I got the rear brake lines done under the recall, whoever did the work didnt do the brake line nuts up properly and one of them was loose and I lost pedal feel
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #24
antwil88
Starter Motor

took my BA XLS v8 ute in for service at range ford for "warranty" repairs just after picking it up. was not informed there was no STAT warranty on this vehicle, also safety checks were not performed. have taken it back since for heater shaft fix (still cost me $100), handbrake adjust (wont do because its too much of a hassle) fixing left window because its very slow (still not fixed) seat belts not retracting (apparently fixed several times. still doesnt).
antwil88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #25
Joshvee
A New Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUBLU4DS
Over the years i have used Lane Ford, Titan Ford, Centre Ford &
McInerny's for servicing / warranty repairs. I would rate them in
the above order after my service adviser from Titans,Steve Lord
became Service Manager at Lane Ford. I leave bugger all fuel in
my car when i put it in to the dealer & tell them not to test drive
it without me!

Also with an FPV it's cheaper to go & buy your 6litres of Castrol,
Mobil (or whatever your favourite oil is ) from Auto1,Supercheap,
Repco or Coventry's. Your Ford dealer will charge you $130+ for
oil worth $80 in one of the above auto shops.

In the end everybody has a horror story about dealer service just
make sure you state that they dont replace ANYTHING without your approval.

I also recommend that you tell them not to wash your car after the
service, this job usually gets handed to an apprentice!
I agree with Lane Ford down here in Mandurah. Also, they are the biggest FPV dealer in the state so hopefully that means they know their stuff.
Old 21-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #26
Specialst
Question Everything...

Default Lane Ford by far

A bit late, i know, but i've just (last couple of months) purchased a FG XR6 Turbo from Lane Ford in Mandurah and i've got nothing but praise for these guys. As stated previously by someone, Steve Lord really does care and offer really professional service..... I even got some (mild upgrades) through Steve and he has assured me that my warranties will not be affected....as long as i bring it back to him. I work away and during my first lot of mods, he kept in constant email contact with me to assure that everything was going ahead according to plan and Gavin James (the used car salesman) was also involved in emailing me and contacting me with regards to the above...way beyong the 'post-customer service' shebang you get from others.
Specialst is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 02:52 AM   #27
petergrigg

I had the pleasure of dealing with Steve Lord myself at Titan Ford. As mentioned he went to Lane Ford. Well I've just found out he's left Lane Ford and is working at a mine in the north west. Why in hell don't the dealerships pay a good man a bit extra to keep him in the industry. Damn the mining boom.
petergrigg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #28
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialst
A bit late, i know, but i've just (last couple of months) purchased a FG XR6 Turbo from Lane Ford in Mandurah and i've got nothing but praise for these guys. As stated previously by someone, Steve Lord really does care and offer really professional service..... I even got some (mild upgrades) through Steve and he has assured me that my warranties will not be affected....as long as i bring it back to him. I work away and during my first lot of mods, he kept in constant email contact with me to assure that everything was going ahead according to plan and Gavin James (the used car salesman) was also involved in emailing me and contacting me with regards to the above...way beyong the 'post-customer service' shebang you get from others.

sounds great mate and being a sponsor of perth falcons hope they look after the members just that little bit more.

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 12:33 AM   #29
XA5800
I'd rather be blown

after takin g my bf cobra to many perth dealers, I have been so discussed with there customer service & product knowledge I decided after 30 years as a motor mechanic to puchase ultra tune in fremantle, we can do all book servicing & any warranty work is sent back to the dealer, any problem the dealership, the dealership then has to deal with me , just ask anyone that is a member of the falcon gt club of wa about my knowledge & experience. cheers Brett , hopefully see you at the all ford day cruise

Previous rides:
BFGT COBRA number 33, BAGT, BMW 535 E39
80 SERIES LANDCRUISER X2
XAGT 4 DOOR , XC COBRA, XYGT, XA GT COUPE , XYGT , HD Holden sedan,
V6GT CAPRI converted to V8, MAZDA RX2.
XA5800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:21 AM   #30
downundersteve

XA5800 - when you goign to open up in the Northern Suburbs

I could rant all day about mechanics in general but I won't.
I will say 7 years in Perth and I have yet to find a decent mechanic, I know everyone makes mistakes but why is it always on my car !!!!! lol

anyhow back to the post mckennay ford in belmont tried to tell me it would take an hour to replace a part that it took me 10mins to do including putting my tools away.
If they said they had a minimum 1hr charge fair enough but the bloke actually said it usually takes more than an hour but they would only charge for the 1 hour, like he was doing me a favour.
downundersteve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: