Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 24-04-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Road Trip - 6,000+ k' in 16 Days

Have just returned from our family (2 Adults, 2 teenagers) tour Sydney - Mt Isa - Townsville - Sydney. Only down day for the car was our tour of Fraser Island.
XR5 Performed faultlessly (no sign of the starting issues returning - touch wood) with the exception of a (double) cracked windscreen (glad I ticked that box on the insurance!).
No sign of stone chips, so maybe to aero directs stones to the windscreen, rather than the paint. Stayed off the dirt, except for road work. Will have the car detailed as a thank you / anniversary present, just to be sure.
Probably averaged just below 8ltr/100km cruising, just a great car for this type of trip, roomy, easy to load, power when need.

2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm doing Canberra to Gold Coast return in September. Really looking forward to getting the car out on a decent trip to see how well it goes. Sounds like yours performed extremely well.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRU842
Have just returned from our family (2 Adults, 2 teenagers) tour Sydney - Mt Isa - Townsville - Sydney....
XR5 Performed faultlessly (no sign of the starting issues returning - touch wood) with the exception of a (double) cracked windscreen (glad I ticked that box on the insurance!).
What was the cost of windscreen replacement?
Interested because a recent trip to NSW Sth Coast put two star chips in windscreen. It will probably require replacement but I'll see if I can get away with the resin filling. That's because the chips are not in the drivers field of view.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I thin it is about $5 a month for windscreen cover with NRMA at least.
I have it on both my vehicles ... well worth it ... I have already replaced a screen on one vehicle. It's well worth ticking that box on your ionsurance.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #5
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool

No real idea on the cost as it was covered with NRMA insurance. After a false start getting Nationwide to do the job (no return call), NRMA switched the job to O'Brien's & it was done today.

Time to get onto that detailing I owe her!

The sooner you get on to repairing the star chips the better the final result.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post