Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 22-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
mundus
Starter Motor

Default Insurance...

Just wondering what insurance companies you guys are with. Any recommendation??

mundus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
Shiner
Starter Motor

Allianz for me - were with them prior to buying the Mondeo but they came out by far the best on price for us and have had no issues with their service before.

Wifey want's to know how many times someone is going to ask her if she knows she has pulled up at the diesel pump?
Shiner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
Zippy7

AAMI here - have been with them for quite a few years now. In my case, their prices are better than NRMA, GIO, and Allianz. Mind you, Allianz is supposed to have choice of repairer (whereas I do not get that choice).
Old 25-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
warren77

I have gone with Western QBE - 4 year new for old replacement cover.
Price wise they are in the ball park.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

I'm with Allianz they are very expensive for a XR5T, AAMI is the cheapest quote I've gotten. If I wasn't to freaking lazy I'd have swapped over by now.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #6
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All of this has been covered here!
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11224960

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #7
Treny
Starter Motor

Default Treny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundus
Just wondering what insurance companies you guys are with. Any recommendation??
New Member to this forum I have just purchased a demo TDCI and pick it up tomorrow as for Insurance try Budget Online cost me $388 for full comprehensive cover.
Treny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #8
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treny
New Member to this forum I have just purchased a demo TDCI and pick it up tomorrow as for Insurance try Budget Online cost me $388 for full comprehensive cover.
I am with RAC over here in WA. I did the online quote with the above and the annual premium is nearly half of what I am currently paying for full comprehensive. used:
Old 11-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
Simon_Koala
Starter Motor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
I am with RAC over here in WA. I did the online quote with the above and the annual premium is nearly half of what I am currently paying for full comprehensive. used:
It sounds like maybe its time for a change of insurers .......
Old 11-05-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
warren77

Hi Guys

I have been told to be careful with some of the cheaper insurances - a friend works for a major insurance company (that is the disclaimer because of their apparent biases).

Some of the tier 2 companies will insure you and everything is great until you make a claim. When you come to renew your premium, they jack the price up significantly or will even refuse cover. If they refuse you cover, you now have to disclose that to anyone else you are seeking cover from.

Again, not sure how true it is.

I have grouped all of my insurances(cars, home, contents and valuables) into a single policy and collectively saved over $500 in total. I did this by rejecting their first offer on every policy.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #11
Simon_Koala
Starter Motor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
Hi Guys

..... I have grouped all of my insurances(cars, home, contents and valuables) into a single policy and collectively saved over $500 in total. I did this by rejecting their first offer on every policy.
Who was this with ? I may give them a call at my next insurance renewal .....
Old 11-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #12
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Koala
Who was this with ? I may give them a call at my next insurance renewal .....
Western QBE.

It did take some negotiating to get that saving. However, it helped when one of their reps called me aggressive and then hung up on me when I asked to speak to their team leader.

When I rang back in and spoke to the call center manager, they were extremely helpful. It was either give me a significant discount or loose over $4k worth of policies immediately.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #13
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im currently with gio and have been for quite some time and now going to change
they are faffin me around now that ive finally made a claim (had a car pinched while i was at work) and their makin me out as the crim
the car has been insured with them for about five years (and not the only policy i have with them as i have house hold and ive had previous cars insured with them and the last year had this car and my new explorer)
but now that its gone they now want the original purchase receipt - got it privately
the receipts for on going servicing - which ive done my self
and a copy from the police on my driving history - even thou ive never made a claim on my insurance for any of my cars

so i strongly beleive the are looking for a reason to reduce the pay out amount or even not pay
and the car was only insured for the lowest amount they would do , i didnt ask for a higher amount

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #14
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Re insurance companies treatment when your car is stolen...
My '89 Prelude was pinched last year from long-stay car park near work, after 9 yrs of ownership. Still looked great for a 19 yr old car, and went really well.
When registering the claim and during follow up calls I was certainly made to feel the guilty party (despite >25yrs insuring with the company). Tone of service changed rapidly when the 'lads of light fingers' ran the car up the back of a truck in broad daylight with lots of witnesses. Car written off (paint scratched). Lads are free....and I'm still out of pocket of ins Excess ($100's).
Unfortunately, there are some low-lifes that rort the system. Honest people are made to feel like **** as a result.
.....And then there was the two speeding tickets (from my desk and when 300km away) and drive-off petrol fill (so good they filled it up to keep going!!).
<censored> <censored> <censored>
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post