Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #31
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
With an auto you don't have a direct connection from the engine to the wheels as the drive goes through the torque converter. So if you want full control of the power to the road, than it has to be a manual.

The Mondeo auto in Tiptronic mode is pretty good though. But it's still not quite the same as a manual.
Don't really know the Mondeo.

My 6 Speed has torque converter lockup in every gear.

And for quite a while there has been no difference betw Auto and Manual in Economy, nor for most humans in through the gears acceleration.

I think the real difference these days is preference, and whether you want a lower, but more frequent maintenance cost, or a higher less frequent maintenance costr
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #32
partsguy
Fan of torque steer

2.3 petrol, six speed auto, zetec trim level only. No diesel.
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2009, 01:20 AM   #33
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy
2.3 petrol, six speed auto, zetec trim level only. No diesel.
Stupid decision,no way known a 2.3 petrol will pull a wagon loaded up especially if it's also towing a boat or trailer JMHO!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #34
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if they do only bring in the petrol, that would have to be one of the most crazy decisions.... The diesel would absolutely sell like hotcakes... and finally give the passat/maz6 someting to compete against! maybe they are waiting to bring it out with the 2.2 diesel auto with powershift...? maybe they will release some more details closer to the time... (remain optimistic?)
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #35
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Dumb decision on Ford's behalf.

I would have looked at the diesel wagon next time around, but not the petrol model.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #36
scribbly

Maybe I'll look at the diesel Territory next time around. I always liked that car it was just the low economy I hated.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2009, 01:53 AM   #37
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

STOP PRESS

http://www.bradgarlick.com.au/articl...agon_revealed/

apstar

ps. not sure this is a good idea: keyless entry and keyless start,

Last edited by apstar; 08-03-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:46 AM   #38
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
STOP PRESS

http://www.bradgarlick.com.au/articl...agon_revealed/

apstar

ps. not sure this is a good idea: keyless entry and keyless start,

Think thats a link from last year, bill osbourne is still pres in that article... but lets remain optimistic.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #39
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Stupid decision,no way known a 2.3 petrol will pull a wagon loaded up especially if it's also towing a boat or trailer JMHO!

apstar
I reckon it will be a diesel Territory for me too. I read in the Age that it will be V6 diesel. New interior too, I'd bet. Looks like the go for me. I need a bit more room, the hatch is getting too full.

No wagon, no Dusty.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #40
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
I reckon it will be a diesel Territory for me too. I read in the Age that it will be V6 diesel. New interior too, I'd bet. Looks like the go for me. I need a bit more room, the hatch is getting too full.

No wagon, no Dusty.
Are you really getting that much more space in the wagon compared with the hatch or the bigger sedan boot ?

apstar
Old 12-03-2009, 02:26 AM   #41
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Are you really getting that much more space in the wagon compared with the hatch or the bigger sedan boot ?

apstar
The load area of the wagon and hatch is pretty much the same. But you can load much taller items at the back of the boot, and access is so much easier. I sometimes carry a lot of tools and parts in my wagon, and have only had to fold down the back seat once.

The 4-door has a huge boot; in fact it's so long that it's hard to reach items at the front.

And like the new Mazda 6, the Mondeo wagon is easily the best looking body style. Plus, you can see out the back window!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #42
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:

apstar
The hatch has plenty of room, but I want to build it up, and the sloping rear window stops this happening.

Depending on what happens in the next couple of years (if another child comes along mainly), I would need the extra room to cart stuff around. I find now with the pram in the hatch, a large overnight bag with clothes for us and the little one, plus the other stuff you have to cart around (nappy bag, bottles etc..), being able to pile things up would be an advantage. Of course I'd be looking at getting a cargo barrier to make this a safe possibility.

I don't like putting too much on the rear seat, and the parcel shelf is not a safe place to store too much either.

Hopefully the wagon doesn't have the same issue with water running into the boot, that I just got sorted.
Previous:
Old 24-03-2009, 11:49 PM   #43
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Revisited the Ford site today - July release confirmed.
Prepare yourselves for Zetec spec wagon with Bluetooth.
Don't recall seeing Diesel mentioned.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #44
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Visited my local Ford dealer last Friday. Nice chap, the salesman.

After checking out some cars, conversation went like....
Possible buyer : 'Ooooh, nice colours in brochure. Can I get all of them in XR5?' (Dorothy Dix qstn)
Response: 'It's in the Brochure so you must be able to get them all'.

'Current' brochure included Blue Ambition - withdrawn over twelve months ago (as per earlier post).

Question : 'When is the wagon coming?'
Response : ' Don't know'

Depth of knowledge on their products makes me wonder how many sales they get.
I seem to know more than them, and I don't sell cars for a living.

(In contrast, the nice woman who sold me my Subaru 6 yrs ago was very knowledgable and only too helpful to see what colours were available Australia-wide. This guy couldn't be bothered to entice me in with my preferred colour.)
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #45
Katoomba

Just got the Ford magazine which says the Zetec wagon will be available in July (has that been mentioned already?).

LATER: Yes, I see it has.