Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #31
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default Re: squeezing power out of the AU I6

Get an xr6 hp cam get it installed then see a good tuner.Youll get good gains .In manual form you will pull 14.9 or better.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #32
blake_XR6

on the au that I used to have (was on xr6 tho) I had a cold air intake, ef intake piping (think it was ef it was the dual runner one) extractors high flow cat and catback and it pulled harder. you should look at getting the tickford engine and extractors and cat, reuse ur high flow filter and cat back. then buy a electronic shift kit untill you get a manual conversion. for the money you spent you'll be happy and you may also be able to get a lower k's engine which is always a plus.
blake_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #33
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Possibly look at changing the diff ratio, putting in xr diff center..3.45 or 3.89 etc will significantly increase take off speed. You will how ever also increase your fuel consumption and will have to change your speedo drive as it will throw out the speedo and not give a true reading.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:31 AM   #34
fairmont65
Starter Motor

JUST A QUICK CORRECTION ON CAMS FROM CROW.
AT THE MOMENT ALL THEY CAN DO ARE REGRINDS I SPOKE TO THEM AND THE GUY IN THE STATES WHO DID THE BILLETS DOESNT DO THEM ANYMORE.
THEY HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR A NEW SUPPLIER BUT CAN ONLY GIVE A DEFINITE MAYBE FOR A BILLET CAM NEXT YEAR.
CROW CAMS FOR THE AU ARE ALL REGRINDS AT THE MOMENT.
OH AND DONT BOTHER TRYING ANYWHERE ELSE FOR A BILLET , NO-ONE HAS ANY ALL REGRINDS.
I AM GOING TO GET AN XR 6 CAM AND FUEL REG TO BRING MY INTECH UP TO XR 6 HP SPEC.
IT ALREADY HAS BA SNORKEL,PACEMAKER 4499 s 2 1/2 INCH ZORST AND K& N PANEL FILTER.
WITH ONLY 95,000 KLM ON THE CLOCK IT PULLS QUITE HARD.
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DAY WHEN A GT335 S/C IS IN THE $20,000 - $ 25,000 PRICE RANGE FOR A LOW KLM NAN AND POP CAR.
fairmont65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post