Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
roycey92
Starter Motor

Default My AU

hey guys dont post much on here

any way i broke my diff in my au 3 falcon ute today so i just felt like doing a write up on it

this is my first and only car i bought it when i was 17 for 6K off my parents, it had 128 thou on the clock, i am 19 now. and i have to say that these cars are the most effing reliable things going... it has taken me every where (literally) and never missed a beat until today :P it has now got 210k on the clock and it went from about 128-190 before i decided to do an oil/filter/gearbox oil change (lazyness know jack about cars) and it still turns over every time without fail blowing no smoke!! i have to say that it was the damn best 6 grand i have spent on anything.. and to any 1 reading this considering buying one do it dont listen to the haters just because they don't look as good as other cars on the market they would have to be the most solid things out there.

roycey92 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: My AU

what failed in your diff?
totally agree with you mate, bought my AU with 50 k on the clock now 200k, other than general wear and tear maintenance and the odd tiny AU flaws, best limo i`ve ever owned, now and again i think to myself , this thing is coming up on 11 years old and it still starts with the flick of a key, still on it`s second set of spark plugs and leads, why is it so reliable?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
roycey92
Starter Motor

yea they are a top car umm 1 gear broke off..
Old 12-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycey92
yea they are a top car umm 1 gear broke off..
Were you doing one wheel burnouts at the time
Old 13-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

you broke an AU diff?
i'm not even mad, i'm impressed!

/ronburgundy
Old 14-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
you broke an AU diff?
i'm not even mad, i'm impressed!

/ronburgundy
gold

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #7
roycey92
Starter Motor

it still runs ! just has 1 stripped tooth? heard to break eh? i never did burnouts in it ...
Old 16-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #8
rowan194
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You did 62,000km without an oil change? o_O

I neglected mine a bit because I hate the hassle of scheduling services and losing my car, it's more difficult in the outer suburbs. It went for nearly 2 years and about 30,000km... but now I change it religiously myself.

Must be a good strong engine!
rowan194 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post