Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What is the verdict? .... Yes or No. Pick 1 of each.
EXTERIOR - YES 172 46.11%
EXTERIOR - NO 189 50.67%
INTERIOR - YES 273 73.19%
INTERIOR - NO 93 24.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 373. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #601
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VF Holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
what i'm saying is you'll be changing a premium performance fpv which should be compared to the next clubsport , so what your saying is . i'm down grading
performance fpv, yes. premium? debatable. as he's already said, power isnt everything, and if you're not fussed about power, what does the FPV actually offer? if an SS comes better equipped than an FPV, well, thats a bit embrassing for FPV isnt it? thats a 'downgrade' i'd be happy to make, quite frankly.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #602
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Here is another pic, from a marketing email I received this afternoon....
(edit: just saw that Brazen has already posted this pic)

https://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/data/2937/vfssv.jpg[/IMG]
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #603
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
performance fpv, yes. premium? debatable. as he's already said, power isnt everything, and if you're not fussed about power, what does the FPV actually offer? if an SS comes better equipped than an FPV, well, thats a bit embrassing for FPV isnt it? thats a 'downgrade' i'd be happy to make, quite frankly.
Yes... The car itself appeals to me more then a big supercharged motor. For not much more I could buy an FG2 5.0 GT but at the end of the day its the same car as what I have now, with a bit more power. If I was that way inclined I would just keep what I have and pocket 30 kay.

I don't use the power I have now but I still like having a V8, even if it costs me a premium to own. Maybe I'll wait till 2014 and see what Ford do.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #604
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
probably right, i guess if your not fussed about having a muscle car a prius would do the job .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #605
AD07

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
well trading over from a an FG GT , TO VF SSV , i think you'll be a little dissapointed . the GT is more premium to an SSV . however i'll look forward to your views .
What.......are you saying this just because the GT has a better engine & is faster ?
Id say the interior & features are waaaaay more premium than a GT.
Its not always about how quick your car is, thats what aftermarket options cater for.
AD07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #606
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Really looking to Fords return serve, this VF is a massive step forward, that interior is a mile infront of VEII/FGII but im still not sold on the rear end treatment, in saying that there is a very low % chance of me ever buying a new Commodore.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #607
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Get a bit of reality happening ...... comparing a new VF vs the now older FG? Bit embarrassing for FPV in what way? That a new released car has more techo bits than a 5 year old model? What's embarrassing is the fact the HSV will still have the slower car .... and yes that is still important for many .... or do the goal posts change suddenly when HSV cant keep up and now its only all about equipment? Wish the HSV boys would make up their minds. Gets all confusing.

Embarrasing

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #608
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
What.......are you saying this just because the GT has a better engine & is faster ?
Id say the interior & features are waaaaay more premium than a GT.
Its not always about how quick your car is, thats what aftermarket options cater for.

no thats not what i'm saying .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #609
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
IT's not rocket science . FPV offers the same as HSV , a more expensive V8 car thats one above an SSV or/ XR8 . not comparable . even if the newer model ss/xr8 have more features , compare apples and updates with apples , not plums .

A point of this is when the bf 6 spd zf xr8 came out , some marketing was trying to say its better and faster than the 4 spd fpv ba gt .
who cares it was never a gt . and was never comparable and the ba gt still has the WOW factor over the newer more refined BF XR8 .anyone who upgraded to the BF 6SPD XR8 from thier BA GT 2003 MODEL I WOULD DEEM AN IDIOT .

I GAURANTEE if DASH keeps his GT and also buys a VF SSV 5 years from now the FG GT will be the most looked at and sort after. simply because his SSV will have BETTER MODEL OUT THERE , CALLED A HSV .

Last edited by gtfpv; 15-02-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 15-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #610
Hulsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Get a bit of reality happening ...... comparing a new VF vs the now older FG? Bit embarrassing for FPV in what way? That a new released car has more techo bits than a 5 year old model? What's embarrassing is the fact the HSV will still have the slower car .... and yes that is still important for many .... or do the goal posts change suddenly when HSV cant keep up and now its only all about equipment? Wish the HSV boys would make up their minds. Gets all confusing.

Embarrasing
Its only short term that VF will be slower....
Hulsty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #611
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

From some of the posts here you would think that we have some folk that work at Clayton and must know the future power plant of the new HSV.
But i have a scoop on the looks
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #612
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
From some of the posts here you would think that we have some folk that work at Clayton and must know the future power plant of the new HSV.
...... Whats scary is are so damn close!!!! If you had of put a Chev badge on it you would have nailed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsty
Its only short term that VF will be slower....
But its not about the power??????

Good to see that after all this time Holden has put the effort in ..... shame that Ford will trump it next year. Don't forget, its only a 12 month wait and then Holden will have another 3 odd years to catch up again

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #613
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Good to see that after all this time Holden has put the effort in ..... shame that Ford will trump it next year. Don't forget, its only a 12 month wait and then Holden will have another 3 odd years to catch up again
But but according to some Ford havent got a clue what they are doing, had no clue about the VF and are stopping making them next week and the FU Falcon will just have a new stripe kit and badges...

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #614
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
I saw that thing on the LS1 forums the other day and lost my mind
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #615
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Get a bit of reality happening ...... comparing a new VF vs the now older FG? Bit embarrassing for FPV in what way? That a new released car has more techo bits than a 5 year old model?
FGII isn't 5 years old.... remind me again what upgrades the FGII FPV got?

Quote:
What's embarrassing is the fact the HSV will still have the slower car .... and yes that is still important for many
Clearly the amount of people for whom the priority is performance also correlates nicely with unwillingness to open their wallets. HSV continues to trump FPV in the sales department with a slower car with more gadgets.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #616
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Camey front. Mazda 6 back...

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #617
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
But but according to some Ford havent got a clue what they are doing, had no clue about the VF and are stopping making them next week and the FU Falcon will just have a new stripe kit and badges...
yes . I HOPE FORD TAKE NOTE OF THE VF ON MONDAY WHEN they stop playing suduko , there jaws will drop game over , i can see some of them choking on thier coffee , and then they will start hunting through the net looking for some briggs and straton parts to try and come up with a new falscon .
Old 15-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #618
gtfpv
GT

Quote:

Clearly the amount of people for whom the priority is performance also correlates nicely with unwillingness to open their wallets. HSV continues to trump FPV in the sales department with a slower car with more gadgets.
A TOUCH SCREEN , but the gts went from 317 to 325 fwkw.
Old 15-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #619
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

This was taken what people said on Facebook!
Ford Territory Bonnet
Daewoo Epica front end
Merc Benz driving light
Mazda6, Kia optima, Toyoata Aurion Back end

Seriously the exterior of the car is very Korean inspired. Where is the Australian styling in this VF???

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #620
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Have I missed something in all this Holden group hugging? No ones mentioned the new hi tech donk? It HAS got a whole new range of donks, has'nt it? An all new V6, A brand spankin new triple cam, 6 valve per cylinder 9.8 litre V8? How ANYONE can compare a vehicle, with arguably the best hi tech supercharged V8 engine ever built in the world...To a vehicle that ok,has a pretty neat new interior and new front and rear clip, but still has basically a souped up 1960's OHV pushrod small block Chev drivin the wheels. It IS the same V8 as VE, VZ etc isn't it? It IS the same sludgebox 6 speed auto isn't it? Same ****** suspension? Guys, guys.. It's STILL "just" a Commodore!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #621
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post

had to quote this so people can read it twice.

its hard to believe that in a country with only 3 manufacturers, people actually believe that one of them can release a car and 'surprise' the other 2 with content.

to me, there are no surprises in this thread as far as allegence goes. reading some of the comments reminds me of a teen reading his first playboy....
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #622
babyf6
Young Ford Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
but still has basically a souped up 1960's OHV pushrod small block Chev drivin the wheels. It IS the same V8 as VE, VZ etc isn't it? It IS the same sludgebox 6 speed auto isn't it? Same ****** suspension? Guys, guys.. It's STILL "just" a Commodore!

i totally forgot bout that, but then again, all they do is just bore it out a bit more
Old 15-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #623
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there's a lot more to an engine than how the valves open bro. OHV in a v8 configuration has a lot going for it in simplicity and efficiency.

Any engine designer would have to think long and hard when moving away from that setup for a road car, imho its not worth the extra parts and complexity. The better ports you can have with ohc's are next to pointless at the revs a big v8 road car will see in its lifetime. You know what they say about simple things...

Point is there's nothing wrong or old fashioned about ohv its just neat and simple and it works.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #624
BHDOGS
Banned

I hear a rumor calais or berlina is getting the chop and there leaning towards calais as they sell **** all of em. Not to be confused with the Calais V
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #625
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Berlina will get the chop... Omega will be VE2 spec Berlina anyways.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2013, 01:35 AM   #626
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Now was that a pun or just coincidence

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #627
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:

Splitting straws a bit ...... the VE was 7 years or so old, updates aside this is a new model while the FG continues on for another 12 months. I don't understand want the argument is about!

HSV has always sold more than FPV/Tickford. There are more Holden fans than Ford fans ..... simple. Doesn't matter which is better, its always been the same. Even when the 185 was proudly displayed on the back of a HSV they sold more. Why? I really have no idea!~

............... and yes, I opened my wallet and bought a GT335 and absolutely thank FPV for making such a great car to enjoy every single day and I considered many cars ....... and guess what! I bought the better car! HSV will trump FPV in the pretty buttons stakes but not in the power stake and despite what you believe, that is still important to many including me.

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
7 users like this post:
Old 16-02-2013, 02:29 AM   #628
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So you used to buy Holden's in the early 2000's?
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #629
Orangejuicepony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Have I missed something in all this Holden group hugging? No ones mentioned the new hi tech donk? It HAS got a whole new range of donks, has'nt it? An all new V6, A brand spankin new triple cam, 6 valve per cylinder 9.8 litre V8? How ANYONE can compare a vehicle, with arguably the best hi tech supercharged V8 engine ever built in the world...To a vehicle that ok,has a pretty neat new interior and new front and rear clip, but still has basically a souped up 1960's OHV pushrod small block Chev drivin the wheels. It IS the same V8 as VE, VZ etc isn't it? It IS the same sludgebox 6 speed auto isn't it? Same ****** suspension? Guys, guys.. It's STILL "just" a Commodore!
And the Falcon is still just a Falcon... and the rest of the country has moved on from it (and the VE, Aurion, Camry). Storm in a teacup...
Orangejuicepony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #630
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
So you used to buy Holden's in the early 2000's?
Asking me? No I'd didn't. Bought 6 Au's in various forms, had an Audi as well along with an SUV. Always enjoyed the way the old Wheezer 5.0 drove and the AU's were faultless to drive. Didn't buy a 5.4 V8 as they didn't suit at the time so I pretty much bipassed the B series as well as the total LS1 oiler and kept the AU's .... If that answers the dig at the AU era?

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4 users like this post: