Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-01-2015, 09:25 AM   #841
notty1978
NOTTY

Default Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

It will sell and we are open to offers. But I think they are waiting on the back lash when all the cars are gone and there will be a lot of customers that will have no car. But its not up to me and if it was I would have sold it along time ago.

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Ask full RRP and drop the premium which will bring it to under 60 and I'm sure it will sell

George
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2015, 03:12 PM   #842
notty1978
NOTTY

That's great price

if anyone out there can flick me there quote that would be great. just to show the boss and in hope to bring the cost of our car down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
This is how I see it too.

I paid $59,500 for my auto XR8 including 6 year warranty. Deposit paid in Sept 2014 and delivery December 2014. Seeing some of the prices being asked ranging from 60K plus at the moment, did I get a good deal?
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2015, 09:38 PM   #843
Dissgrace

Gotta say I'm sick of being d**ked around by Ford Australia. Ordered and deposit paid back in Oct (albeit for a 2015 build). Projected delivery was 30/1. No car (fair enough, I was doubtful of the delivery date and understandable delays being a new model) but still no date and absolutely no idea of when a car is coming. I don't blame the dealer but if Ford Oz want to go out like this I'm not sure I want to be part of it.

Went and got an HSV brochure today. I'm going to give it til end of Feb for Ford to get it together but then I'm going to sit down and think about whether I want to part with my hard earned to a company that treats customers like this. It has occurred to me that if it takes them this long to project when they will build it, if something breaks how long will it take to fix it?
Dissgrace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2015, 10:13 PM   #844
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Does your dealer know this? Put the pressure on them.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2015, 10:17 PM   #845
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

The good news is there are plenty of great cars out there including the HSV. What is a Clubbie going for?
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2015, 10:25 PM   #846
FPV-800

I also ordered and paid deposit in mid October on a manual XR8, and starting to get ****ed off with Ford about getting a build date, my dealer keeps telling me the same story, Ford still haven't told them allocation dates,they have 8 orders, I'm sure people who ordered the GTF,s were told when they would receive them!!!
FPV-800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #847
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has any 2015 ones been delivered yet?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 12:16 AM   #848
CQB-241
Car tragic

If you have a good dealer, a solid contract and a SIDO for an allocated FGX XR8 you are going to get one.

I ordered 4/10/14 (Saturday after price announced 3/10/14). Phoned dealer day of announcement and was told they have 1 manual and 2 autos. Went in and placed an order and was shown documents to prove there were 3 cars, 1 each for November, December (both autos) and March (manual). I chose Silhouette for my manual and dealer himself chose Winter White and Victory Gold for the autos as colours apparently needed to be submitted on acceptance of allocation (and ASAP). Got a contract and 2 weeks later a SIDO when the online system was up.

Dealer emails or calls every couple of weeks. He says will be mid-late March based on what Ford and the on-line system says. I am actually OK with late March production for a mid-April delivery so quite happy.

I have no concerns, but would feel differently if I had a deposit down or contract on a non-allocated car or didn't get this level of communication. My dealer says he will only take deposits/orders on 8 XR8s as he isn't sure he will get more than that. Having seen that the Winter White car arrived in Nov and the Victory Gold in Dec I have faith mine will be built in March and arrive by April.
CQB-241 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2015, 12:34 AM   #849
Dissgrace

My XR is contracted for 58k/da and at that price I think it's an awesome car. Clubsport is 65-70k drive away which stacks up pretty well against the price dealers who have XR8s in stock have quoted.

I've spoken to my dealer and they know how I feel. I trust they're doing their bit but at the end of the day when the company that build the car won't tell them anything there isn't much they can tell me.

Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be on here spuiking about the imminent arrival of my XR. Otherwise I guess I'll be setting up a profile on the HSV Forum.
This user likes this post:
Old 29-01-2015, 12:43 AM   #850
CQB-241
Car tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissgrace View Post
My XR is contracted for 58k/da and at that price I think it's an awesome car. Clubsport is 65-70k drive away which stacks up pretty well against the price dealers who have XR8s in stock have quoted.

I've spoken to my dealer and they know how I feel. I trust they're doing their bit but at the end of the day when the company that build the car won't tell them anything there isn't much they can tell me.

Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be on here spuiking about the imminent arrival of my XR. Otherwise I guess I'll be setting up a profile on the HSV Forum.
Where have you ordered from (if not wanting to say which dealer, what state)?
Do you have a SIDO (dealer order number from Ford)? If not can your dealer give you one? If so you have a real scheduled car....then depends on what you really want. Remember HSVs will he available when these are all gone.....
Old 29-01-2015, 02:50 AM   #851
Dissgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQB-241 View Post
Where have you ordered from (if not wanting to say which dealer, what state)?
Do you have a SIDO (dealer order number from Ford)? If not can your dealer give you one? If so you have a real scheduled car....then depends on what you really want. Remember HSVs will he available when these are all gone.....
Sydney NSW. No SIDO which obviously adds to my concern. I wanted the XR, but sold my FG XR8 on the understanding my car was at least going to be the first quarter. Using a borrowed car at the moment but can't do that indefinitely.

I don't mind waiting provided they put a date on it, but the way Ford is doing this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth, souring the whole deal. I'll leave it to end of Feb which is 5 months from ordering just to get a proposed delivery which is more than fair. Yep it's the last falcon, yep by all accounts it's a great car, but there are equally good cars and at least those manufacturers care, at least a little, about customer service.
Old 29-01-2015, 03:14 AM   #852
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I ordered my 2015 plated XR8 on the 9th September, the segmentation date listed on my dealers/ford data base is 27th January (can anyone confirm if this is proposed build date) as it currently stands the cars status is (manufacturing(3)) however it has no gate release or compound entry date as yet so it makes us believe it's not built yet. The data base has been undated though since the new year to include the SIDO and vin number. The wait continues.

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 03:40 AM   #853
CQB-241
Car tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissgrace View Post
Sydney NSW. No SIDO which obviously adds to my concern. I wanted the XR, but sold my FG XR8 on the understanding my car was at least going to be the first quarter. Using a borrowed car at the moment but can't do that indefinitely.

I don't mind waiting provided they put a date on it, but the way Ford is doing this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth, souring the whole deal. I'll leave it to end of Feb which is 5 months from ordering just to get a proposed delivery which is more than fair. Yep it's the last falcon, yep by all accounts it's a great car, but there are equally good cars and at least those manufacturers care, at least a little, about customer service.
Fingers crossed for you. Ask for a SIDO. If there is an allocated car in the pipeline they will be able to give you that even if the VIN hasn't been generated yet...at least my dealer could.
Old 29-01-2015, 10:49 AM   #854
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a heads up, if you don't have order number or actual build date yet your vehicle COULD be subject to a price rise.

Falcon, 2014, Sedan, XR8 5.0PSC, 6M Manual 18435 ZM MLP#$52,490 - $53,490
Falcon, 2014, Sedan, XR8 5.0PSC, 6A Automatic 18435 ZA MLP#$54,690 - $55,690

# The Manufacturer List Price (MLP) includes GST but excludes registration, stamp duty, insurance and dealer delivery fee. The MLP
is recommended only and as always, the sale price of any vehicle or option is entirely at the discretion of the selling Dealer.

But i'll let you guys work out with your dealers if it's going to be passed down or they will absorb it as discount....

"Price protection will be provided on 26 XR8’s which were contracted in Vista as before 1st January, 2015 and that were allocated and scheduled to be built in March 2015."

I have a list of the 26 order numbers/dealer codes.

(Contracted in Vista does NOT mean the contract you signed at the dealership).
67 SS Nova Coupe. Iron AES 398 LS. T56. 2x 72mm T-netics BB. TCI Pro Touring F&R Clip. Streetfighter Project. 1200hp
73 Z28 RS Camaro. 6.0 LS. Coilovers. 18x9 / 18x10.

Last edited by Anchor; 29-01-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2015, 10:53 AM   #855
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQB-241 View Post
Fingers crossed for you. Ask for a SIDO. If there is an allocated car in the pipeline they will be able to give you that even if the VIN hasn't been generated yet...at least my dealer could.
An easier number to get for XR8's that haven't been built is a dealer order number - (Alphabet Letter)#### eg; C0123
67 SS Nova Coupe. Iron AES 398 LS. T56. 2x 72mm T-netics BB. TCI Pro Touring F&R Clip. Streetfighter Project. 1200hp
2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #856
Cymrucaveman

Thanks Anchor, that's great information mate.

Quick couple of Questions. Can a Deal number start with a Z, and be 5 digit? Starting to get the feeling my dealer has given me a dummy number to keep me quiet.

Secondly, those prices are list price right? Pre GST I'm already paying dead on 55k, inc metallic paint.

cheers.
Cymrucaveman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 11:20 AM   #857
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymrucaveman View Post
Thanks Anchor, that's great information mate.

Quick couple of Questions. Can a Deal number start with a Z, and be 5 digit? Starting to get the feeling my dealer has given me a dummy number to keep me quiet.

Secondly, those prices are list price right? Pre GST I'm already paying dead on 55k, inc metallic paint.

cheers.
That could be an internal stock number of sorts.. Usually the Letter is the build month. Usually... But hey we are talking FoMoCo here

List price is "basically" RRP. Dealers can change it though to be higher. Most don't. Includes GST, but no on road costs.
Old 29-01-2015, 11:30 AM   #858
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Ordered mine in September, was told delivery anywhere from 01/12 through 31/01, depending on Ford. Delivery now scheduled for 21/02, but I have a VIN and a confirmation it is being built.

Just be patient guys, you will get what you ordered, and it would be worth the wait. Jumping to a HSV will leave some people disappointed they couldn't wait...
2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2015, 11:53 AM   #859
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Just a heads up, if you don't have order number or actual build date yet your vehicle COULD be subject to a price rise.

# The Manufacturer List Price (MLP) includes GST but excludes registration, stamp duty, insurance and dealer delivery fee. The MLP
is recommended only and as always, the sale price of any vehicle or option is entirely at the discretion of the selling Dealer.

But i'll let you guys work out with your dealers if it's going to be passed down or they will absorb it as discount....

"Price protection will be provided on 26 XR8’s which were contracted in Vista as before 1st January, 2015 and that were allocated and scheduled to be built in March 2015."

Yes I was messaging my salesman last night and he confirmed that there is going to be a price rise. Luckily I'm exempt though so I didn't even worry about what it was going to be!

Cheers Ryan
Old 29-01-2015, 12:09 PM   #860
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3
For starters you have the horse before the cart..................the Cleveland head was developed before the Boss 302, not the other way round i wasnt talking about the boring cast iron 69 and later production line stuff.

Cheers Mick

So if im reading that right, not counting the cars sold last year, only another 26 XR8s had customer deposits placed on them last year. So much for all the whoha about demand

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 12:29 PM   #861
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post
So if im reading that right, not counting the cars sold last year, only another 26 XR8s had customer deposits placed on them last year. So much for all the whoha about demand

Cheers Mick
Yep sounds like it. They won't build more XR8's than the 1200 predicted. Out off all the ford dealers I have spoken too here in SA they have pre sold/taken deposits for more mustangs than FGX's total including XR8's.

Cheers Ryan
Old 29-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #862
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post
Yep sounds like it. They won't build more XR8's than the 1200 predicted. Out off all the ford dealers I have spoken too here in SA they have pre sold/taken deposits for more mustangs than FGX's total including XR8's.

Cheers Ryan

Yeah so much for the huge demand...........good luck to dealers trying to gouge prices.

Cheers Mick
Old 29-01-2015, 02:33 PM   #863
FGX008

I am thinking aloud here and my thoughts are not based on any facts or other information source. It's interesting that the common message that is being quoted by Ford dealers in all states to all forum members is the 1,200 build number XR8. I was also given this information when I ordered my car.

I for one would be interested to hear from any of our kiwi forum members from across the ditch who have ordered and/or are about to order a car from their own Ford Dealers on what car numbers that will be made available to them.

I am suspecting (unconfirmed) that whatever numbers are set aside for the NZ customers, could be coming out of the total 1,200 build number that is being quoted for the XR8. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong on my assumption, but if I am right that means there will less cars to buy here.

Cheers , Brent
Old 29-01-2015, 02:56 PM   #864
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentpan View Post
I am thinking aloud here and my thoughts are not based on any facts or other information source. It's interesting that the common message that is being quoted by Ford dealers in all states to all forum members is the 1,200 build number XR8. I was also given this information when I ordered my car.

I for one would be interested to hear from any of our kiwi forum members from across the ditch who have ordered and/or are about to order a car from their own Ford Dealers on what car numbers that will be made available to them.

I am suspecting (unconfirmed) that whatever numbers are set aside for the NZ customers, could be coming out of the total 1,200 build number that is being quoted for the XR8. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong on my assumption, but if I am right that means there will less cars to buy here.

Cheers , Brent
I would also presume that the Kiwi XR8's are coming out the 1200 total also.

Cheers Ryan
2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2015, 02:57 PM   #865
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post
Yeah so much for the huge demand...........good luck to dealers trying to gouge prices.

Cheers Mick
I think the in huge demand statement gets thrown around allot due to one Facebook page in particular.

Cheers Ryan
2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #866
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol. No you read that wrong HO 3...

Try reading again. They're just the 26 allocated and contracted vehicles THROUGH FORDS VISTA SYSTEM that will be price protected...

Doesn't take into account dealer orders, deposits, signed contracts and whatever. We haven't been allocated anything past then, so we can't contract on Vista.

As for building more. I heard differently. Who knows. Ford IS trying to get more built.
Old 29-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #867
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Lol. No you read that wrong HO 3...

Try reading again. They're just the 26 allocated and contracted vehicles THROUGH FORDS VISTA SYSTEM that will be price protected...

Doesn't take into account dealer orders, deposits, signed contracts and whatever. We haven't been allocated anything past then, so we can't contract on Vista.

As for building more. I heard differently. Who knows. Ford IS trying to get more built.
Nope you have lost me.........are you trying to say only first allocation cars price protected?

Cheers Mick

Last edited by HO 3; 29-01-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 29-01-2015, 09:01 PM   #868
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Latest info from my dealer is that Ford are allocating out SIDO numbers and dates for XR8s in February.

If the contract is solid, deposit paid and on a set price then you should be exempt from the price rise...

Seems to be that they're doing the first run of XR8's in February..

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #869
CQB-241
Car tragic

My dealer confirmed today mine is contracted on Vista with dealer order number, NSC order number, SIDO number and contract number with protected price.

No production date yet but not stressed as know I have a car at a set price.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2015, 09:42 PM   #870
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My dealer confirmed the price rise but cannot give me a SIDO until February. He assured me my contract is solid an they will honour the contract.
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: