Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #10261
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

In my opinion FGX is a nice car in its own right as is FG. Don't know why everyone has to insist their subjective view of each vehicle is the only possible correct view. Lots of very different and valid opinions on the vehicles, the great thing is each opinion is only correct to that person!
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #10262
AUS GRUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
So now that the FGX specs are out, maybe I am missing something, but what new tech did it actually have?

The Commodore VF was released with these new features:
New front
New rear
New interior (and a bloody good one for an Aussie car at that, touches like the climate temp setting readout within the knob)
MyLink (Sync equiv.)
Blind spot assist
Lane departure warning
Proximity key
Keyless stop start button
Park assist
Head up display
Rear/forward traffic alert
Remote start
Adaptive cruise control
Paddle shift
Electronic Power steering.
Electronic Park brake

Falcon has
New front
New rear
Sync
Rain sensing wipers

That's it.

I rage inside that a car I loved for so long as a kid has become so bloody irrelevant, a mere husk of anything that ever came before it. The Commodore smashes it to bits, demoralises it. Falcon's dead to me, and they haven't even sold the first FGX.
I get that the vf has alot more on offer gadgets wise (majority of them pointless) but holden also had about 5 times more of an budget that this new falcon got...and given that, ford has done a pretty good job IMO
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #10263
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

One more comment ignoring post #10273 will result in warnings, again.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 11:23 PM   #10264
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I said in the Bathurst thread I think it looks really nice. Not so sure about the stripes though.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 11:25 PM   #10265
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss engine View Post
Omg give it a rest, have u heard of a debate.
It's called flogging a dead horse and started before you joined!
Old 11-10-2014, 11:25 PM   #10266
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didn't think there were any stripe packs? Or are you talking the hideous marketing stripes on the car at the mountain.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #10267
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
I didn't think there were any stripe packs? Or are you talking the hideous marketing stripes on the car at the mountain.

Yeah that's what I mean. To be honest I didn't even know about it until today when Frosty drove it (As I don't come here much anymore) so I don't really know anything about it at all.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #10268
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Sure about that? The top selling manufacture in Australia is not known for its gizmos and doodahs
For sure consumers look for many differing things in a product with price point being one of the biggest but if you look at the sale of passenger vehicles as a whole and not at isolated models you’ll find customers inevitably go for vehicles that offer the most features for their money.

The success of cheaper Asian manufacturers can testify to that and the improved sales of the Euro’s support a change of focus for those willing to pay a bit more.

Apart from their fantastic performance drivelines, Falcon for a long time has not offered great price versus appointments compared to other vehicles and sales reflect that.

Not everyone is interested in the performance cars. Gizmos, like them or not do seem to sell.

The new Falcons have improved greatly but the race was lost long ago.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #10269
Dissgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
So now that the FGX specs are out, maybe I am missing something, but what new tech did it actually have?

The Commodore VF was released with these new features:
New front
New rear
New interior (and a bloody good one for an Aussie car at that, touches like the climate temp setting readout within the knob)
MyLink (Sync equiv.)
Blind spot assist
Lane departure warning
Proximity key
Keyless stop start button
Park assist
Head up display
Rear/forward traffic alert
Remote start
Adaptive cruise control
Paddle shift
Electronic Power steering.
Electronic Park brake

Falcon has
New front
New rear
Sync
Rain sensing wipers

That's it.

Call me a cynic, but good looks (because it really looks very nice from some angles) and a V8 engine just don't cut it for me. With an 8 year old interior and absolutely no redeeming or significant new features other than the XR8's that have been built with FPV leftovers, the FGX is what it is: A poor neglected child of a parent company who wants it dead as soon as possible. It is so far behind any other car of it's ilk on the market that it is embarrassing. Hyundais and Kias are better equipped.

FGX is not ultimate.

It's not a triumphant last hurrah.

I really struggle to understand what is so great about this. I bled blue for years. I know this sounds horrible to some die hards, but I couldn't in good conscience ever consider a car like this in this day and age. The FGX spec list looks like something from the 90's.

I rage inside that a car I loved for so long as a kid has become so bloody irrelevant, a mere husk of anything that ever came before it. The Commodore smashes it to bits, demoralises it. Falcon's dead to me, and they haven't even sold the first FGX.

I honestly expected they would have SOMETHING new inside. But nothing.. I understand why, but then why bother? No one will buy this car. The XR8's will go to the die hards and those who think with their hearts (and all the power to them) but to anyone else, this car is irrelevant, and will not sell.

This is probably the last time I'll ever comment on a new Falcon, it's my opinion warts and all, and It's just so sad that it has come to this.
Well I have to say I would have loved to see adaptive cruise control. Lane departure and rear/front traffic alert is for people who can't drive and is contributing to **** poor driving standards on our roads. Keyless entry is convenient but I guess I'm just not that lazy that putting a key in the ignition bothers me that much. Rain sensing wipers are a bit of a luxury though, always bugged me going to all that effort to turn the wipers on when it rained.

I like driving my cars, that's why mine is white, 6sp manual and arriving in February.

And I'm not having a go at anyone else or the person who wrote the above, it was just that this quote covered most of the specs of modern cars these days.
Dissgrace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2014, 01:12 AM   #10270
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=LoudPipes;5233620][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]
......Gizmos, like them or not do seem to sell.
That's exactly right.
6 years ago (and again 3 years ago) we had a car policy where we could choose between a gas G6 or a diesel Mondeo titanium.
I chose the LPi G6, and was one of very few. Dozens chose the Mondeo - the 3 things they cited were the leather, sunroof and adaptive cruise. None of that interested me enough to buy a front-drive euro import, but I'm a minority.

I'm liking the FG-X. After doing 3 years in a VE V6, and 3 years in an FG LPi 4L, I'm confident in saying I'm in a position to compare them pretty well. Both have certain things that are better than the other, but for the limited resources Ford had with the FG program, they did a damn good job.

I'm seeing the same again with the FG-X being compared to the VF. Value for money, Ford's investment has created much better bang for buck.

If only they'd added adaptive cruise to FG2 - there's 2 people I know, owners on numerous Falcons over the years, who bought mondeos over Falcons purely for that feature. It's too late to save Ford Australia, but a bit of foresight & listening to the market could have helped.

The lack of changes from FG to FG-X may well be a contentious issue, but the basic structure of the car (driveline, suspension, etc) is well proven, and still up to today's standards in that market segment anyway. I'd have a hard time saying no to an FG-X G6E over a VF Calais (6 vs 6), and the XR8 is a clear standout. If I didn't do 40,000km a year I'd certainly consider an XR8, but I'll have to stick with LPi....

I think Ford Australia have done a remarkable job considering the restraints they had to work within ($$, global design etc).
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2014, 10:19 PM   #10271
BrendanSM
Starter Motor

Great result at Bathurst today!!!
First look at next years FGX V8 supercar (I don't think this has been posted here yet)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FPR_PMC%20FGX%20Car%205_6%202015%20-%20V4b_Front.jpg (67.4 KB, 219 views)
BrendanSM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2014, 10:51 PM   #10272
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanSM View Post
First look at next years FGX V8 supercar (I don't think this has been posted here yet)
Look’s good but it’s wrong, It’s got number 1 not number 5,
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #10273
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Car 6 has number 1 ;)
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #10274
Cymrucaveman

Looks like HSV have upped the KW and prices of the 2015 range of R8/Clubsports.......

The XR8 looks like even more of a steal now......54k RRP for 335kw (or more) XR8 vs 64k RRP for a 325KW Clubbie/ 76k RRP for a 340kw R8 - (all autos)

What a bargain! If powers your thing you can't go wrong. If its the plush toys in the cabin (and i must admit, i do like them) then you need to have a good look at what thats worth to you in $$$ terms. IMHO.

2015 HSV GEN-F pricing (excludes on-road costs)
ClubSport manual $61,990 ($1000 increase)
ClubSport auto $64,490 ($1300 increase)
ClubSport R8 manual $73,290 ($2000 increase)
ClubSport R8 auto $75,790 ($2300 increase)
ClubSport R8 Tourer auto $76,490 ($2000 increase)
Cymrucaveman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #10275
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

......plus HSV kW figures are 'optimistic'

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #10276
chookaradley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The problem is 90% of all discussion has been about the XR8, and that's ok because it's the hero car. The facts are however it will be built in limited numbers, and there's been pretty limited discussion about any other models in the range.

Just on the interior, I accept that Ford didn't have the funds to overhaul the interior, but it's amazing what a couple of different colours here and trinket pieces there could've done for the interior.. Pity really. Hope it sells like hot cakes!
chookaradley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #10277
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To the President of Ford Australia Mr Bob Graziano, and the people from Ford who read this forum. Two things happened yesterday that will stick in my mind forever.

1. @ 5 minutes from the end of the Bathurst telecast there is a scene in slowmo showing a young boy, 6-8 years old, waving a Ford flag with a huge smile on his face, and like a big girl I cried.

2. While I was crying my 4 year old came up to me and asked "why are you crying daddy" and I told him what that image meant to me. He looked at me and said "I love Fords if you do daddy" and gave me a cuddle.

That's what its about! they are your next buyers. you don't get that watching tennis or AFL, so when your making up your minds on weather or not to sponsor the race teams go and have a look at that little boy, because he was me 45 years ago. I buy Fords and always will.
Old 13-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #10278
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymrucaveman View Post
Looks like HSV have upped the KW and prices of the 2015 range of R8/Clubsports.......

The XR8 looks like even more of a steal now......54k RRP for 335kw (or more) XR8 vs 64k RRP for a 325KW Clubbie/ 76k RRP for a 340kw R8 - (all autos)

What a bargain! If powers your thing you can't go wrong. If its the plush toys in the cabin (and i must admit, i do like them) then you need to have a good look at what thats worth to you in $$$ terms. IMHO.

2015 HSV GEN-F pricing (excludes on-road costs)
ClubSport manual $61,990 ($1000 increase)
ClubSport auto $64,490 ($1300 increase)
ClubSport R8 manual $73,290 ($2000 increase)
ClubSport R8 auto $75,790 ($2300 increase)
ClubSport R8 Tourer auto $76,490 ($2000 increase)
If only people bought cars for the peak power figures alone. Fact is they don't and sales figures show that.

Lot more to a car than just the engine thats under the bonnet.

Neither of them are perfect.
Old 13-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #10279
hootar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiers View Post
To the President of Ford Australia Mr Bob Graziano, and the people from Ford who read this forum. Two things happened yesterday that will stick in my mind forever.

1. @ 5 minutes from the end of the Bathurst telecast there is a scene in slowmo showing a young boy, 6-8 years old, waving a Ford flag with a huge smile on his face, and like a big girl I cried.

2. While I was crying my 4 year old came up to me and asked "why are you crying daddy" and I told him what that image meant to me. He looked at me and said "I love Fords if you do daddy" and gave me a cuddle.

That's what its about! they are your next buyers. you don't get that watching tennis or AFL, so when your making up your minds on weather or not to sponsor the race teams go and have a look at that little boy, because he was me 45 years ago. I buy Fords and always will.
To true mate. Fords are the only one. All my Family barrack for Fords. Poor buggars had no chance. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Ford at our house

This is something I don't think Ford Australia can get their heads around. A few of us are trying to organize a FPV day to mark the end of an Era. Sadly Ford just don't want anything to do with it. I don't think they understand. Yesterday's and today's FPV and XR 6 & 8 buyers are tomorrows Mustang Buyers and their kids will be the buyers of what ever follows that. We have a generation of young fans lost to the dark side. Please Bob and Ford give them a reason to come back
hootar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #10280
WPR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiers View Post

100% correct, I thought exactly the same thing when I saw that - Ford this is what it means to be involved in motorsport!
WPR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2014, 03:08 PM   #10281
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookaradley View Post
The problem is 90% of all discussion has been about the XR8, and that's ok because it's the hero car. The facts are however it will be built in limited numbers, and there's been pretty limited discussion about any other models in the range.

Just on the interior, I accept that Ford didn't have the funds to overhaul the interior, but it's amazing what a couple of different colours here and trinket pieces there could've done for the interior.. Pity really. Hope it sells like hot cakes!
I thought that until I realised that the rest of the range is fairly unchanged, apart from sharp pricing and some additional goodies.

It is the return of the XR8 that is big news, and when it is that much cheaper than the RSPEC, it will be popular.
Old 13-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #10282
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #10283
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

smoke!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #10284
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Big tick for that colour...now that looks bloody good.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #10285
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Lock it in, Eddie! That's the colour I'll be going for, confirmed.
Old 13-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #10286
LASTXR

XR8 in smoke looks good.
My pick will be kinetic or white.
I like kinetic but I think white will
suite the car better
Still need to see 1 in white before I
make up my mind
LASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2014, 08:28 PM   #10287
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

XR6 EcoLpi on the Eastern Fwy in Melbourne tonight
4 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2014, 10:24 PM   #10288
Kayos
Lag = hang onto something

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanSM View Post
Thanks for the pick, being a huge long time v8 fpr fan I need to express that the new white circle sponsership on the front is terrible and I want to ear bash the idiot that agreed to it.... can't be the same that signed pepsi max!

Some previous rides: Ef mont, RX7tt series VI, BM coupes, TE50, BA ghia, BA XR6t

Current rides: G6E blk/Cshmr, Chrysler by Chrysler no.1, Chrysler by Chrysler no.2
Kayos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #10289
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone know where to find or have a link to the XR8 hot lap from the wknd?? Plz
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #10290
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1 View Post
I have said it once and ill say it again

THAT HAS MUSTANG WRITTEN ALL OVER IT

I like that color though

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post