Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #10501
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by radler View Post
I am starting to look at the fg xt

Does anyone know what differences there are in the suspension between the xr6 and the xt
XT has its own set up and it'll be softer then the XR. Mind you the FG XR setup is fantastic in ride and handling IMO. I haven't driven with 19's so not sure on that but you might wanna look at a G6E as that might be more your style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
I agree with you.
The last thing Ford should do at this stage is give into the average consumer and give them what they want.
So you want it to be a Toyota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Have you actually had any experience with an EPAS system?

The Territory has been using it for the past 3 years which in turn is adapted from the Mustang, it so far has been plenty reliable enough and provides great road feel and hasn't compromised the Territory's lauded handling and road manners.
They must have it on the sports setting cause the standard was pretty rubbish.
Old 22-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #10502
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Have you actually had any experience with an EPAS system?

The Territory has been using it for the past 3 years which in turn is adapted from the Mustang, it so far has been plenty reliable enough and provides great road feel and hasn't compromised the Territory's lauded handling and road manners.
So with the current car what are you willing to take off it that u think would equate to fitting E-steering to the FGX?
The system won't just fall on n hope it works would cost heaps.
Considering the 8 must have good suspension n brakes and is the best V8 that would go straight in it stays. Standard GT setup minimal dollar difference.
Can't see interior upgrades even with sync2 covering the cost as it was already developed just required fitting which would cover a fair percentage.
So completely unchanged FG interior for Esteer?
Only thing left is the exterior upgrades which I would think would have been a major cost of the FGX. A mildly face lifted FG2 for E-steer?

From what I can see with the budget one of 3 things would to be chopped or majorly reduced.
Interior upgrade inc sync2
Exterior upgrades
XR8 in model line up.

While my thoughts are just educated guesses I'd be assuming regardless of if its on the mustang/territory this system would not fall on would take modding from either model and would need very lengthy expensive testing to the steering system.

Which brings me back to the start, what's the benefit?
.5lt/100km?? Self parking car?
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #10503
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX S/C V8 View Post
Which brings me back to the start, what's the benefit?
.5lt/100km?? Self parking car?
Not all EPAS systems are self park capable, but it is a cheap way to get better fuel economy out of a car.
Old 22-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #10504
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
Not all EPAS systems are self park capable, but it is a cheap way to get better fuel economy out of a car.
So your saying it would be cheap to develop on the FGX?

VF saved a claimed .2lt/100kms. Considering when tested against the falcon rival their claimed overall figures were well away from real fuel burn with the falcon equivalent actually taking the win for fuel economy.

I mean seriously .2 per 100 saving claimed by Holden. To lose steering feel n develop it on a model extinct in two years. A model that has 4 6 and 8cyl variants to chose from for economy options and was built on a slim budget.
An what to save roughy 30c every 100kms.

Buy a VF if u need too.
Your living in a fantasy if u believe that should have been an update for FGX.
Old 22-10-2014, 03:13 PM   #10505
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vxc
to me that VF interior shot looks like a nasty Korean car
News flash - The leaps and bounds in which the Koreans have progressed in the last 10 years means that this at the very least is a compliment to Holden. Korean cars are no longer "nasty" at all.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2014, 03:17 PM   #10506
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post

So you want it to be a Toyota?
Some people would want the Toyota though sales say the majority appear to be happy buying something that is not a Falcon.

Personally I’m satisfied pottering around in my XY with just the basics, a rear-view mirror, inbuilt petrol fumes, a wind down winda and a squeaky chassis which is made all the easier by the fact I don’t drive on long trips any more and I'm old enough I now don't feel the need to move with the times.

My wife is a different animal all together, she wants all the mod cons and safety devices we can afford and when I purchase a new car, it is done with her input in mind.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #10507
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Gee so much commotion about steering. The VF's electric steering is actually pretty nice. It's super light when manoeuvring the car (ie, parking) and firms up once you're at speed. The FG's steering is noticeably heavier in all situations (which I like) but doesn't feel as sharp as the VF, almost as if the VF has a faster rack. You get more feedback through the FG wheel, but not all of it is good, you tend to get a loose rattly feeling over the rough stuff. For enthusiastic driving I still prefer the feel of FG setup, but prefer the VF for sharpness. Overall I consider them fairly equal, the VF is nicer to live with in most situations but the FG has better weight and feel for those times when you really want it. Most reviews actually preferred the VF steering but if you enjoy driving the car (ie steering it, none of this point and shoot nonsense) then you'll be glad Ford kept the existing FG setup. IMO anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
News flash - The leaps and bounds in which the Koreans have progressed in the last 10 years means that this at the very least is a compliment to Holden. Korean cars are no longer "nasty" at all.
Agree, comparisons to Korean cars is no longer a negative thing, they're setting the benchmark these days!

Also on the interior topic, the usual front-on comparison photos that we tend to see really don't show much. It's only when you look at them from another angle, you see how nice the VF interior angles and flows. I love the FG interior, but some of the comments about it being better than the VF interior are a little out there. This particular angle really shows off the angles inside the cabins like a front-on shot cannot.

Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #10508
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone know if the XR8 comes with the R Spec launch control as well?

George
geobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #10509
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Huge difference, the VF is a level above interior wise. FGX in exterior looks by a mile though
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #10510
GSPSI
Calipso Green

FGX's interior is embarrassing compared to the VF.

pǝɹoq ʎɐʍ ǝq ʇsnɯ noʎ 'sıɥʇ ƃuıpɐǝɹ ǝɹ,noʎ ɟı
GSPSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #10511
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Does anyone know if the XR8 comes with the R Spec launch control as well?

George
No it doesnt.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #10512
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Red face Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPSI View Post
FGX's interior is embarrassing compared to the VF.
The only area where the FGX's interior is better is the larger screen and Sync2
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #10513
radler

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
My BF Ghia has a MOMO wheel as standard why not FGX G6E ????
I had a momo on my bf as well. It was a really good feature

Ross : n/a fgx xr6 - manual
radler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #10514
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX S/C V8 View Post
So your saying it would be cheap to develop on the FGX?

VF saved a claimed .2lt/100kms. Considering when tested against the falcon rival their claimed overall figures were well away from real fuel burn with the falcon equivalent actually taking the win for fuel economy.

I mean seriously .2 per 100 saving claimed by Holden. To lose steering feel n develop it on a model extinct in two years. A model that has 4 6 and 8cyl variants to chose from for economy options and was built on a slim budget.
An what to save roughy 30c every 100kms.

Buy a VF if u need too.
Your living in a fantasy if u believe that should have been an update for FGX.
Not cheap on the Falcon...otherwise it would have had it by now. But for global cars its cheap.

I personally don't like electric steering and the only one that was half decent was the stang version in sports mode otherwise they haven't felt nice to me. The reason its used is to reduce fuel consumption, for an individual it doesn't mean much but for a company buying a fleet it would be looked at.
Old 22-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #10515
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
The only area where the FGX's interior is better is the larger screen and Sync2
The screens are actually the same size, both 8 inch. Not sure which is higher res, but the custom wallpaper feature in Sync 2 will make the FGX's screen look better.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #10516
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Settle a bit can we? Some will not like it while some do. If someone doesn't like the interior of the FG, fine, say so ...... but most of the anti comments are bordering on stupid. State your opinion, but please realise that many actually think the FGX is good. no need to hang crap on those that do like it.

For the record, I still like the FG interior. Probably works better than any others before it in the AU Fords previous. The VF I like as well but is a bit bitsy to me.

Especially considering the limited sales numbers expected over a very short stretch of time they have done well .... IMO.

Here's a bloody good idea! Those who like it, buy one! Those who don't .... go get something else rather than just continually bitching about it? EASY!

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #10517
XBv8mmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Settle a bit can we? Some will not like it while some do. If someone doesn't like the interior of the FG, fine, say so ...... but most of the anti comments are bordering on stupid. State your opinion, but please realise that many actually think the FGX is good. no need to hang crap on those that do like it.

For the record, I still like the FG interior. Probably works better than any others before it in the AU Fords previous. The VF I like as well but is a bit bitsy to me.

Especially considering the limited sales numbers expected over a very short stretch of time they have done well .... IMO.

Here's a bloody good idea! Those who like it, buy one! Those who don't .... go get something else rather than just continually bitching about it? EASY!

Thanks Auslandau, I think I will.

As a matter of fact, I already have, should be here early December.
Old 22-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #10518
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Race will be on for the First person to have one in their driveway. Should run a prize for the first Proof of Acquisition!

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #10519
joeyy17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Steps of this page:
1: Car item is discussed
2: Car item receives opinions
3: Argue starts
4: Moderator calms everyone down
5: Repeat
Old 22-10-2014, 11:49 PM   #10520
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

It doesn't if you know what you are doing.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2014, 12:25 AM   #10521
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss engine View Post
Why does this retarded forum have a limit of how many photos you can post?
Well as said above - if you knew what you were doing and read the tutorials on displaying photos then you'd be aware that this is not an image hosting website, but does have a small amount of space to do so if you're desperate. What you want to do is open a imgur or photobucket account and upload you photos there (because they are websites for hosting photos) and add the link here (a discussion forum) so we can see what you want to share.

You'll find the information in the Site Support section where you can have a read of the sticky thread named "How to post pictures".

On another note I really like the new Falcon, but I appreciate that some people are disappointed by the interior.
Old 23-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #10522
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
mate, each to their own I guess but Korean cars don't do it for me,

I really count give a rats what interior the Holden has as I wouldn't ever consider spending my cash on a Holden. Simple as that.
I'm sure real Holden fans wont consider about the new XR8 either no matter how cheap.
Thats just the way it is.
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #10523
Fab
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Support the new 2014 Ford Falcon FB

Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #10524
cortinagt

Damn it, after seeing those white XRs and the pride that they are rolling off a production line in Australia. I really want one.
Old 23-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #10525
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres more bulges there than in bar at Pattaya
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2014, 04:11 PM   #10526
MAD
Petro-sexual

I've always heard you can judge a car by how it looks in white.

10's all round for this beauty
Old 23-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #10527
elfinke

Dat panel gap tho...

elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #10528
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was out of black or white for me, Ive settled on black. I hope I don't regret it one day. so much harder to keep black nice but how good is it when schmick!
Never looked back till I just looked at that white XR8 lol

I just know in 10years time what will look better.
Old 23-10-2014, 04:29 PM   #10529
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Need to see some good pics of a white XR8. Really hasn't been any surfaced.
Or better yet see them both side by side in real life at the dealer lol, can't see that happenin. For 12 months anyway.

That one with the bonnet popped n no back bumper doesn't really do it for me haha!
Old 23-10-2014, 04:32 PM   #10530
MAD
Petro-sexual

There's rear shots of a white XR6 from the falconfanatics day.
Use that plus the image above of the front 3/4 showing the bulge and you should have something to go by.