Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
Scarecrow
Starter Motor

Default Stolen AU!

Some sorry sad son of a ИИИИИ stole my new AUIII : : :

I was in the Cinema and it was knocked off while I was watching the movie. The salesman who sold me the car said it was almost impossible to steal an AU Falcon :evil3: because of the immobiliser, and the fancy ignition.

I take it I was led on by the guy? Never trust a salesperson.. but I figured since it was a relativly new car it would be harder to steal. I know older cars can be knocked off with just a screwdriver, but I thought you would have to be like Nicholas Cage from Gone in 60 Seconds to manage to steal a new car.

Cops basicially told me that it would turn up in a few days burnt out. And that they had amost no chance of catching the people who did it :

Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear buddy have u insurance?

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Dirty dirty bastards. I feel for you mate. Was it insured.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Not good news mate i hope for you that it turns up up without a scratch.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 06:35 PM   #5
Scarecrow
Starter Motor

Im thanking my parents for convincing me to get full comprehensive at the moment.. I'd be screwed without it. Still pretty ИИИИed off. I thought immobilisers stopped cars from starting without the key, and the flash ignition couldnt be hotwired?
Old 15-04-2006, 06:42 PM   #6
Scott

I thought the same thing about Smartlock in my EF until it started itself one day.... then caught fire! Turned out the ignition barrel "burst"and then shorted out.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #7
Scott

I thought the same thing about Smartlock in my EF until it started itself one day.... then caught fire! Turned out the ignition barrel "burst"and then shorted out.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #8
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

No matter what sort of alarm or inmobiliser you have there are allways people who can get around them it seams...hope you get it back untouched...good luck.
Old 15-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #9
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Sorry to hear mate, unfortunately the police were ocrrect, unlikely you will recover it in the same condition. Hope it all pans out ok. Good luck.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #10
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Sorry to hear about your ride being nicked. Dirty greedy, mongrels, some people have zero respect.

I hope it was just joyriders and you actually get it back in ok condition!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #11
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear Mate. These things happen to the best of us. And its a bummer when they do :(

I guess when u get this car back or your next car you'll be looking into a good alarm with another immobiliser.

On that note, i guess does anyone have any suggesstions on what one should be looking for when getting an alarm system, and whats the norm amount to spend ?

Jeff
Old 15-04-2006, 09:06 PM   #12
Scarecrow
Starter Motor

I've heard that the best kind of alarm to get is one that sends a message to your phone when it's been activated. That way if your in the movies *grumble* you will know your alarm has gone off at least, and might be able to do something about it. Another thing I've read is that you should not put any stickers on your car warning of an alarm. Obviously some thieves know how to disable some alarms, better off to suprise them.. also one way thieves test for an alarm is to rock the body of the car, by pushing against it. If the car has a shock alarm it will go off when they do this and usually will run away.

Generally the more money you invest the better. I think I'll put something very good in my next car, with the SMS alert, window sensors, maybe even a keypad that I have to enter a combination on to start the car.. oh and something that will lock the doors when someone tries to hotwire it, and then pipes to fill the car with some sort of lethal gas while they are inside.
Old 15-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #13
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats bad news. I hope it all gets sorted for you.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 09:22 PM   #14
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

A well hidden kill switch is a good idea and dosen't cost much at all....try to park under a light or some where your car is seen by passers by. Putting alarm stickers on your car will stop some thieves, most want to get in and take off in your car asap so an alarm can take time even if its a minute its 1 minute of time that could be the difference of you driving home in your car or in a taxi...
Old 15-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #15
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice idea in theory about the pipes and gas and all, it makes for good reading and a nice picture of payback.

I heard the SMS thing is very expensive though.

This one doesn't look to bad, but is has no SMS'ing though
http://www.strathfield.com/ViewProduct.asp?ProdID=300

Nhanst, not a bad idea, at least they can't predict where it is.

Jeff
Old 15-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #16
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

How many of us know of someone (apart from poor Scarecrow) who's had an AU stolen?

He's the first I've heard of, surely it's not too common is it?

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 15-04-2006, 10:56 PM   #17
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

Where theres a will, theres a way.
Blue Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 11:03 PM   #18
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where have you taken your car recently? Some places can be very dodgy. It happened to my dad back about 10 years. Getting new tyres, they dissabled the alarm... And made it easy for them to get in. Then they have your address details, easy as. Watch where you take your car.

But if it was completely random, then they must of definately been good. They arent easy.

Invest in a club-lock, another thing for people to get past.

LG
Old 15-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #19
GK
Walking with God

I thought that Smartshield was extremely good, in fact almost impossible to start without the coded key!

How could it be done without the key?

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 15-04-2006, 11:42 PM   #20
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Sorry to hear scarecrow. This is the first AU II / III that I have heard stolen.

GK. I dont think people are going to post how to start the car without the coded key.

It has been said that where there is a will there is a way. Unfortunately look at Mr Juicy. He had the top of the range alarm and 3? immobilisers and was still stolen by some bastards.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 01:16 AM   #21
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
GK. I dont think people are going to post how to start the car without the coded key.
Point taken!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 16-04-2006, 01:18 AM   #22
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

bummer , sorry to hear , i hope its insured for more than you paid for it ! ( just incase it turns up written off ) .. by the way - thats the second AU i've heard of being pinched while the person was in the cinema, and unfortunatelly someone posted on here a few months back how easy it was to start the AU's ( too easy ! ) .. and no im not going to repeat it ! ... All i can say is if i ever catch someone stealing my car then watch out and kiss ya fingers goodbye, i'll cut them off so you dirty thieves can't do it no more ! .. Again - sorry to hear .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 02:41 AM   #23
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post Sucks

Sorry to hear mate! What loaction where you in when this happend?

Cheers

Simon :lookedat:
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 03:13 AM   #24
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

5hit that sucks, your gas and pipes idea is intruiging, although it might backfire if you have kids and keep your smokes in the car.

I saw an artical somewhere about an alarm thats sorta like the SMS thing, except it engages a GPS thingy to track your car and calls your mobile so you can swear at, curse and threaten the bastards the whole time they are in the car (or before they smash your speakers)
Old 16-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #25
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Smartshield is quite good. Its easy to break in to an AU falcon but quite hard (for an amateur) to steal and actually drive away. Given they are not worth much anyone with the capability to get around smartlock would probably be smart enough to steal another car worth more money.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 11:13 AM   #26
TCK-098

After what ive heard theses days about the stuffing around and price increases on insurance due to the number of fraudulant claims it makes me think why do i have my car insured if its only giving the thieves something to get away with as the coppers are usefull as tits on a bull. :
Old 16-04-2006, 12:54 PM   #27
antilooped

sorry to hear dude, there are some lowlifes out there who are too pov to buy the blue oval so they gotta steal it... just think karma mate, theirs might not get stolen but some other 5hit in there life will suck because of it. I guess you can put an alarm in, but remember if anyone wants something bad enough they will get it. My mate had an sms alarm in his, was good at times, but innefective if you are in an exam situation like he was and had the choice to stay and pass or leave and fail to save his car. Lethal gas is fine, but id hate to see anyone get screwed over by our dodgy legal sysem and get sued!!! heheheheh
Old 16-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #28
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

Did Juicy ever get his car back?
One little trick i read in a past thread was to have the little bar on the drivers door lock removed(behind the door skin). The door then cannot be slim jimmed. Short from breaking a window this is a car theifs main point of accces. I am not sure if the key will still work in the drivers door? But apparently the keypad for the central locking still do's it all. Who uses a key these days to lock/unlock the car doors?
Or have an extra sensor on the said door lock bar to activate an alarm or to empty a half full bottle of nitrous into the cars cab. Incapacitate them.
I love the idea of a hidden internal gps tracking type system to track/locate the stolen car, get some mates and go find the bastards asap. out:
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 01:44 PM   #29
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

That sucks mate. I know if anyone over tried that with mine, they wouldnt get out of the situation without a nice little ambulance ride. "Oh, yeah officer, he slipped repeatedly on my clublock. There was nothing i could do. I hope he is OK."

Quote:
Originally Posted by antilooped
My mate had an sms alarm in his, was good at times, but innefective if you are in an exam situation like he was and had the choice to stay and pass or leave and fail to save his car.
Just out of interest, what did he do? I would probably save my car, but im sure some people would rather loose it and pass.

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 01:49 PM   #30
XR6Stu

Mr Juicy... redish.orange XD, featured in Performance Ford?
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post