Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-07-2018, 08:27 PM   #1
digbc

Default key fob issue

Hi all I have a ma tdci mondeo 2008 model
recently the remote stopped working and we had to use the key to open the car up .
After searching the forum I was able to reprogramme it and all is good .

However my question relates to the fact I never got a spare key / remote with the car .I now have a remote with key that will open the car and turn the ignition on but will not start the car.When trying to start the car I get a message immobilliser active.
Who do I have to see to get my spare key/fob to be able to start the car .
I am in Sydney"s inner west any suggestions welcome .
Thanks
digbc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: key fob issue

What suburb exactly are you near ?
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:18 PM   #3
digbc

Concord
Old 03-07-2018, 07:49 AM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

To get your key programmed, suggest you go see Mark at Thomson Ford Service Parramatta, he's been a great help in the past.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2018, 09:45 PM   #5
digbc

ok thanks
Old 10-01-2019, 10:21 PM   #6
digbc

Keys fixed at the same time as getting the airbag replaced
All good and new steering wheel as well